Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.4.7 - Pipes as fuel lines and even fewer explosions!

Majiir

does anyone know if sensors keep their experiment results when put in and out of storage?

I'd guess no, but it would only take 30 second to test. Module, storage, sensor. Launch it, take a reading, use your Kerbal to store it, and then recover the craft.

Stored parts don't save any data. I'd like to save some data or at least add some filters, because this is currently exploitable. (Break a solar panel, put it into storage, take it out again, install it and it's unbroken.)

There used to be a "KAS debug" module you could add to parts that would let you mess around with its attachment parameters in-game, so that you could see how the part would be oriented while carried on a Kerbal or mounted on a surface, and then once you got it right you could copy the parameters and substitute them into the configuration of the non-debug module. I don't see that on the wiki now, unfortunately. Anyone know if that's still available in the new KAS? There are a few parts that the old Attachment Pack allowed me to move around that I'm missing - most notably, the smallest ladder piece. I liked putting temporary handgrips near wherever it was that I was going to do a bunch of EVA work.

Is there anyway to put KAS parts in a career mode game without having to integrate them into the tech-tree?

No, parts not assigned to tech tree will not be in career mode. You could add all the KAS parts to the first tech node though.

Stored parts don't save any data. I'd like to save some data or at least add some filters, because this is currently exploitable. (Break a solar panel, put it into storage, take it out again, install it and it's unbroken.)

You could make a new piece of equipment with that exploit, a 3D printer/repair station part.

Just put the old part in and get a new/repaired part out.

The plugin could limit the station to have a limited amount of "part mass" that is subtracted with each use.

Maybe even allow it to recycle old parts to get more "part mass" for future use.

Hi, I really like the looks of your mod but I am having trouble transferring fuel between things. I link them together with the pipe end points link function which works fine, but when I try to transfer fuel there is no way for me to do it. In the screenshots that were posted there are "in out" buttons but mine don't seem to have that (see these). Is there something I'm missing here? At first I thought it was some mod compatibility issues so I did a clean install and installed only KAS from the spaceport (0.4.4) but I still get that result. All of the attaching stuff is working fine though.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, I like the looks of your mod but I am having some issues with it. All of the place radially stuff is fine but I am having trouble transferring fuel from one thing to another. I attach the fuel pipe parts to the respective tanks and link them together fine, but there is no button for me to transfer the fuel (see these). In the screenshots posted in the other thread there are in-out buttons but mine don't seem to have that. At first I thought it was a was a mod compatibility issue so I did a clean install & just KAS but I still get the same result. Any help would be nice.

Any idea on how to get radially attached engines to see the fuel?

Not familiar with the persistant.sfs, and edited manually the attach type etc to no avail - is there somewhere else / something Im missing compared to a pre-built vs attached engine?

If someone can let me know, I can then edit the stuff and make it work!

Really looking forward to doing it!

Hello,

how can i use mods Infernal Robotics and KAS together. Every time i tried make robotic hand i have this:

Is that the new hook, or hook + attachment thingy (that KAS used to use, but now doesnt afaik). Is that the issue maybe?

I am not very good at a technical explanation, so if others want to step in and provide one for those not aware of what this is then then kudos to them. This is the ModuleManager.dll config file I created to add all KAS parts to the Meta Materials tech (the one that provides access to docking ports). Hopefully it saves some people some time.

@PART[KAS_Container1]
{
TechRequired=metaMaterials
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Container2]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_ContainerBay1]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_CPort1]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_CPort2]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Hook_Anchor]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Hook_GrapplingHook]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Hook_Magnet]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_HookSupport]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Pipe1]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Pylon1]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Strut1]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Winch1]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Winch2]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Winch3]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Winch4]
{
entryCost=0
}

I am not very good at a technical explanation, so if others want to step in and provide one for those not aware of what this is then then kudos to them. This is the ModuleManager.dll config file I created to add all KAS parts to the Meta Materials tech (the one that provides access to docking ports). Hopefully it saves some people some time.

@PART[KAS_Container1]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Container2]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_ContainerBay1]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_CPort1]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_CPort2]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Hook_Anchor]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Hook_GrapplingHook]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Hook_Magnet]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_HookSupport]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Pipe1]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Pylon1]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Strut1]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Winch1]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Winch2]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Winch3]
{
entryCost=0
}

@PART[KAS_Winch4]
{
entryCost=0
}

How does this work? I'm trying to build a munbase on my career adventure and I can't find where to put all this code...

How does this work? I'm trying to build a munbase on my career adventure and I can't find where to put all this code...

Create a subdirectory under KSP/GameData, copy ModuleManager.dll into GameData, and create a new config file containing the stuff Milaha wrote:

KSP
|--GameData
|--[COLOR=#0000ff]ModuleManager.dll[/COLOR]
|--[COLOR=#ff0000]MyCustomStuff[/COLOR]
| |--[COLOR=#ff0000]MyCustomKASConfig.cfg[/COLOR]
|
|--Squad
|--Squad stuff

Edited by Corax

This plugin is completely broken for me. On a clean stock install. I attach a part to the stack winch-any part will do-bind a key to extend, and it either doesn't even extend or it drops forever through the craft and the terrain. I was really looking forward to using this in my Curiosity/spirit-esque rover, but I guess not. Oh well. Time to spam parachutes :(

I'm getting something similar, but it seems to be just on career mode. I've tested at least one winch in sandbox and things work fine. In career (haven't unlocked them all yet, just the basic, in line winch), using a tech tree I've built, I couldn't get any winches to work... so I went with pipes. It worked twice... now it's stopped working in a weird way. I can grab a pipe end point, but then when I right click on it on the Kerbal's back it only gives me the Kerbal's options, EVA report etc! Now I have a ship stranded in Munar orbit expecting a refuel that's now not working.

I'm using quite a few mods, most notably Interstellar which I based the tech tree on, adding the winch equipment in various 'electrical' nodes. Also Mechjeb, Editor Extensions, Actions on the Fly, Universe replacer, Clouds & City lights, Kethane, Procedural fairings, Select root, Firespitter (but not using yet as there is a conflict with Interstellar) and treeloader of course. Yeah, I know, it's a bit excessive, but I'm already quite a ways through my AAR and don't really want to start over again!

I looked back a few pages and couldn't see anything other than the above similar. Has there been issues like this previously?

(EDIT: I managed to get my munar ship refueled, but didn't fix the problem. Rather than grab the pipe I maneouvered the two ships very close together, then hit 'attach' from one while it was still connected, then clicked on the other ship. The 'link' still seems to work fine once both ships have the pipe connectors)

Edited by Patupi
workaround

uh is there a mediafire link because there is something wrong with KAS for me in that the content menu that is suppose to open won't open and all i here is just the sound that is suppose to go with it.

i have tried redownloading from spaceport but it did not work

Edit: when i mean by this is that it would prevent me from adding stuff into the containers in the VAB

Edited by Helix935