[0.23.5] TreeLoader - Custom Career Tech-tree Loader 1.1.5

r4m0n

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue, I tried editing the KSP interstellar tech tree to allow for the new NASA parts as well as novapunch and a few others, well, the issue is that for some reason novapunch isn't showing up at all, while other mods are.

Heres a download link for the tree.cfg I made, just incase the issue is in there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd03tfslqruvxbz/tree.cfg

Anyone know what's going on here? It seems novapunch is the only mod affected so far

@Cpt Kipard, viperfan

You can use the debug window (Mod-F12) to track what's going on.

Squad removed the "Advanced Electronics" node from the tree and the icon from the game for 0.23.5. So, any tree.cfg which tries to reference

icon = ADVELECTRICS

will fail to load. Update that icon - to just about any other icon! - and your tree will load again.

@Cpt Kipard, viperfan

Squad removed the "Advanced Electronics" node from the tree and the icon from the game for 0.23.5. So, any tree.cfg which tries to reference

icon = ADVELECTRICS

will fail to load. Update that icon - to just about any other icon! - and your tree will load again.

Thanks very much, happen to know where I can find a list of all techtree icons?

Edited by viperfan7

Well, sadly it didn't work, but I did find an argument exception after adding newnode_7144, but I cant find anything wrong with it in the CFG, and its only novapunch thats affected, B9 is there, KW rocketry is there, hell, even the airship mod and firespitter is there, just not novapunch.

Also, here is the exact error

[Exception]: ArgumentException: The thing you want to instantiate is null.

That has to be the least descriptive error I've ever seen

-EDIT-

I've figure out the issue, but I cant figure out what's causing it, it has to do with underscores in the names of parts, none of the parts with underscores in their names are being put into the their nodes, I've looked through the source and cant find any reason for it. Maybe someone else can confirm?

Edited by viperfan7

@Cpt Kipard, viperfan

icon = ADVELECTRICS

The Advanced Electronics node still exists, it was Large Probes that Squad removed.

The Advanced Electronics node still exists, it was Large Probes that Squad removed.

To update older trees for this change just search and replace node7_largeprobes with newnode_node7_largeprobes in the tree.cfg file. It seems the loader is confused if a non-existant node name doesn't start with "newnode_".

Well, I fixed the bug with underscores, I had to remove the underscores from the names of all parts, did that with something I hacked up in C#, although I wouldn't release it as the potential to mess things up is VERY high with it.

Well, sadly it didn't work, but I did find an argument exception after adding newnode_7144, but I cant find anything wrong with it in the CFG, and its only novapunch thats affected, B9 is there, KW rocketry is there, hell, even the airship mod and firespitter is there, just not novapunch.

Also, here is the exact error

That has to be the least descriptive error I've ever seen

-EDIT-

I've figure out the issue, but I cant figure out what's causing it, it has to do with underscores in the names of parts, none of the parts with underscores in their names are being put into the their nodes, I've looked through the source and cant find any reason for it. Maybe someone else can confirm?

I can confirm. I added techRequired = nuclearPropulsion to all the parts in the .cfg files for the Project Orion mod, and then remembered treeloader was a thing. I made a new node dependent on nuclear propulsion, and made an extra entry in my tree.cfg file for it. Every Orion part was added to it, but only the parts without underscores in their names actually went into the new node; those with underscores stayed in nuclear propulsion. I didn't think to check the debug window, but by simply changing out the underscores to a p fixed the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone here tried editing tree.cfg by hand? I've played around with TreeEdit and it seems pretty consistently buggy/difficult for me, and I'm considering just doing things the old-fashioned way.

Related, is it possible to tie a modulemanager config to a particular save? I'm interested in rebalancing datasize/science yield for parts for the mod tree, but it'd really be better to have that a savegame-specific change.

@Zeroignite: Yeah, the file format is easy to read and undertand, and editing by text-editor yields the expected results. I tend to use TreeEdit to get the locations of things set up, and then move/add parts, etc, via text editor.

• 1 month later...

The "problem" with a recompile though is that the latest version that was available for download wasn't labeled 1.0 and the source never was updated (it seems). Would be nice if r4m0n would turn up to reupload his version/source and just maybe do some minor improvements. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'll put a version up on Curse, sorry for leaving it unsupported for a while. Anyone with any issues with it on 0.23.5?

No, its works well. I do think TreeEdit could use some love. Resizeable windows, remap F5 key to something else, etc. Thank you for hosting my tree btw.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.