What is wrong with Goo Experiments/Experiments?

I launched a mission to high kerbin orbit carrying 3 goo canisters, while at the apoapsis i observed the goo canisters, generated a crew report and generated an EVA report. I proceeded to land after this and recovered the vehicle. Total science gain = 0.3 and that is only for recovery, WHY?. It was the first time i have been to high kerbin orbit all experiments were the first ones carried out in that environment.

Were the canisters destroyed or riped off the crew pod after landing?

Yesterday i had the same issue. It seems that if you lost you canisters after you did some sience and befor recovery the sience of the experiement is lost.

Were the canisters destroyed or riped off the crew pod after landing?

Yesterday i had the same issue. It seems that if you lost you canisters after you did some sience and befor recovery the sience of the experiement is lost.

All 3 canisters were intact. But I noticed that their shells were closed and that happened automatically when i time warped.

Did you make sure to store the goo report? You didn't accidentally overwrite or dump it?

Edit: Yeah, if you closed the cans, you reset them, so you lose your previous data if you didn't transmit it.

Edited by Seret

damaged canister probably.

try to land on ground instead of water,

water tends to kill lander legs and the science Jr

Most of my return has been splashdowns, 5-6 m/s and no damage to ship.

But if the canisters are closed they don't hold data so they was either reset or the data was transmitted.

But why? They closed automatically when i time warped? This doesnt even make sense.

Sorry, I meant to say that when you close them on purpose, you lose all the data. As to why they closed when you warped - that must be a bug.

I did transmit the data but only a small portion of it. Yet i believe transmitted data about a goo in high orbit would give me more than 0.3 science (that was the first time i did such an experiment).

If you transmitted it you would have been told how much science you gained at that time, not when you recovered the vessel after landing. The science you get at recovery is only for untransmitted experiments/reports and vessel recovery.

When you transmit data, the experiment is reset. You need to repeat it to salvage more science on recovery (it will be less than you would have got when you returned the first one without transmitting it).

For the most science value, don't transmit. Land safely, recover the vehicle, and you will get a 100% multiplier, not a 30% one.

Sorry, but I did some spading today and found out that this is wrong.

When an experiment is recovered after landing on Kerbin, its scientific value is reduced by 80% of its current value when it is performed again under the same conditions.

When it is transmitted instead, this reduction is divided by the transmission efficiency. So an experiment with a value of 10 and a transmit value of 60% will lose 4.8 (10 * 0.8 * 0.6) science value when transmitted, which means it will yield 5.2 (10 - 4.8) science the next time it is performed.

10.0 experiment returned without transmitting: 10 Science.

10.0 experiment transmitted once at 60% and then returned:

Science returned by transmitting: 10.0 * 0.6 = 6.0

now left: 5.2 Science

Total science yield: 11.8

As you see, the transmission before returning gave you 1.8 additional science.

Edited by Crush

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.