Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

Depends which save.

My first career save: Stuck on the moon.

My second career save: Grounded at KSC after completing 90% of the program's missions.

My current sandbox save: at the KSS, not wanting to go any further into space after a disastrous early mission.

• 4 weeks later...

See that green smudge on the tarmac next to the SPH? That's Jeb.

(I wouldn't mind so much, but he actually survived the first bounce and I could have used the parachutes to get him down safely, only I forgot I had them. :( )

Also, this game could work well via forum signatures...

Edited by Zild

I brought him to Eve with Bill and Bob.

I thought the game was glitching because the ship was glowing. It turned out to be reentry heat.

They landed. Bob planted a flag and got back in to leave.

The ship wouldn't take off. The engine was on but produced no measurable thrust.

Suddenly I realized what was going on. Rocket engines require a large pressure differentiation to work properly. But we were on Eve, so the atmospheric pressure was very high. The Mainsail engine I was using only produced a certain amount of pressure increase inside it, and compared to the high external pressure it wasn't enough. It was like letting go of a balloon, except the balloon was taped to an SUV. The engine would've had to pump an exorbitant amount of fuel into itself to take off like this, and we haven't even gotten to drag yet. Never mind going back to Kerbin, they're going to have problems even leaving the ground. It's specific impulse was effectively zero. I deleted the ship with them inside.

Later they all appeared at the KSC's Astronaut Complex, claiming they had never left the building and the flag that was on Eve was actually an old Ocean Probe.

Jeb's at KSC right now. He's a 3-Star pilot, with experience on the Mun and Minmus, and even dipping out of our SOI for a short time. He's currently waiting for the first wave of Duna missions to arrive and set up the first station in orbit.

Jeb is drinking in the mess right now. He is my only kerbal who have been in space. He is also the only kerbal so far to land on the mum in my new HARD career game.

It took some time to earn the money to upgrade buildings so I could build a reliable mum rocket/lander with more than 30 parts ect. But from now on I now can build larger rockets and technical speaking can go to minmus - duna and other planets once I upgrade the tracking station 2 times so I get some navigation nodes so I can preplan my burn.

I can soon get a capsul that can hold 3 kerbals and from there on I build some bases and space stations ect.

So the game is here and now changed from limited possibilities to a game where I can do most things I want to do... ( Hard career mode take some time to play, but I like a good challenge ).

He most recently took a trip to the Mun with all three of the other orangesuits on board. He was upset he missed the first launch to Minmus, though.

It's okay, that very nearly failed. Val only got to do a short flyby before realizing that the rocket would tip over in just about any landing circumstance.

Hes on a furlough while Alicia Kerman (I renamed) gets some experience and learns that screaming in terror is not the solution.

As soon as the first Mun shot is ready, Jeb is taking it....

My Jeb is dead, alongside Bob. What happened was that they were both inside a miner lander that ran out of fuel while trying to get into a stable orbit around the Mun, I did manage to get a 6.5 km circular orbit. and I thought they would be okay until I send a rescue mission, but when I was done bulding the rescuer, I went to check and they were not there. must had hit a mountain or something. And I'm playing on moderate difficulty, that means no respawns.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.