Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

I leave Jebediah, Bill and Bob in a command pod a kilometer or so away from KSC because the obsession with Jeb got old REALLY quick. Plus they're prioritized for every launch while they're at base so it's annoying to constantly fight the game to keep them out of my ships.

I do the same thing, really; I don't like using any of the big 3 for important missions, it gets a bit boring when Jeb is the first Kerbal on every celestial body in the universe, he's more of a mascot that I just use for goofing around, really.

I prefer my solution over the command-pod method though:

4A691D69D44D3AD9E1768D98898E0F09E11C6FC1

I do the same thing, really; I don't like using any of the big 3 for important missions, it gets a bit boring when Jeb is the first Kerbal on every celestial body in the universe, he's more of a mascot that I just use for goofing around, really.

I prefer my solution over the command-pod method though:

Hee Hee.

That made me chuckle.

You actually took the time to make a patio set!

Well after surviving the first rocket launch, the first high atmosphere and space flights, the first stable orbit... And narrowly escaping with his life during a SRB mishap that destroyed an entire craft except the command pod less han 1km off the ground... he's taking a short vacation while the rest of the kinks get worked out of this next generation of rockets.

Hee Hee.

That made me chuckle.

You actually took the time to make a patio set!

But of course! I can't have my star Kerbals cooped up in some cramped, unfashionable command pod, without a cup of coffee or reasonably-priced cornish pasty in sight, now, can I? Here at Kosta Koffee Inc, We treat our Kerbals to the good quality down-time they deserve! :P

...ok, yeah, that's totally going to be my theme for my .23 career. A Café on every planet! For Science! For Profit! For really wild things! :D

Edited by Panzerbeard

Jeb is now back on Big K playing 9-ball after the FANTASTIC success of the first Kerbal docking in orbit. He piloted Zipper I to a rendezvous with Velcro I piloted by Bill. It wasn't too pretty, used way too much fuel, but got it in one try. I don't know about them but the Program Director is wierdly and insufferably pleased with himself.

Jeb is outside my VAB by the Mk1 pod statue... That is where I plant a flag for every Kerbal I kill. Jeb is the care taker. When I kill a kerbal, jeb sets a flag for that Kerbal.

There are only 4 flags... Bill, Docott, Adlorf, and ... I dunno, some other one I don't remember.

Richoly Kerman's flag is on Mun, because Richoly is better and more special and because his flag is on the Mun.

And that accounts for all my dead Kerbals (in this current save game), I try hard not to kill them.

My 0.22 Jeb became a bus driver on Minmus. I ended up launching a lot of missions to Minmus, as you can get there without any preparations, and the low gravity and large flat areas make it easy to land with all kinds of ridiculous things.

In 0.23, Jeb is getting bored in the command pod of a laboratory orbiting the Mun. As I haven't built a manned lander yet, he has really nothing to do.

He's in my astronaut complex, retired.

He was also my first kerbal into orbit too.

Where's Bob?

He's on the I.K.S Chiron, complaining with his crewmate that he wants to come back home.

But, where's Bill, though?

He was last seen being chased out of the astronaut complex

Edited by Sylandro

Stranded on Eeloo along with Bill and Bob, patiently waiting for the rescue team that is currently being rescued by the rescue team [tried to dock the rescue ship with my station (while watching tv) and ended up slicing the station in two pieces]...

So not lookin' good for good ol' Jeb...

I grossly overestimated a new Munlander design. Fortunately I did make it into a stable orbit before running out of fuel. Bill, Bob and Jeb are now stuck in a 16*12km retro orbit around Mun.

Bill and Bob don't look very happy but Jeb is still showing his maniacal grin.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.