[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Camacha: find that person's original project, whence s/he derived Kerbal TOT: it was originally for Orbiter. :)

Ah, pretty cool. That will help a lot.

Yes, you should be able to use real planning software, just remember that as of RSS v5.3, KSP year 0 is 1950.

Do you have any indication where I could find that planning software? I am quite sure I have seen ESA and NASA stuff pass by, but I am not sure of the exact nature and totally unsure of where to get it. I did some quick Googling, but that did not turn up what I hoped to find.

Note that Kerbin's rotation shouldn't matter; it's only rotation on its axis that's off, not rotation around the sun. It just means you might have to complete another quarter of a parking orbit or something.

Any word on the axial tilt business? I know it should not be a big thing, but I must admit the current solution confuses a bit and that is probably not a good idea. Or maybe it is just a little OCD on my side because of all the orbits being messy, it could be that.

AbeS: It already is set to 1950. Epoch, at the top of the Settings.cfg file, is the number of seconds until 12:00AM Jan 1 2000.

(Or, if a negative number, the number of seconds after 1/1/2000).

Camacha: No idea where, sorry.

Re: tilt, I asked Mu about three-four weeks ago. He said he'd ask around. Not for .23, but for later updates. He said it would be a quite big change, although I have yet to come up with why.

Re: tilt, I asked Mu about three-four weeks ago. He said he'd ask around. Not for .23, but for later updates. He said it would be a quite big change, although I have yet to come up with why.

Cool cool. That is enough to hold my breath for a little while longer :D I think I will just go ahead and do the full blown game.

AbeS: Alas no. For some awful reason, Squad both keeps time in seconds AND casts it to signed int. Which means the maximum time the game will allow displayed is a bit over 67 years (anyone remember the "67 years til node" issue in MJ?).

So I can't set it to display 1950. At most I could get it to say 66, but then you'd only have a bit over a year's playtime.

AbeS: Alas no. For some awful reason, Squad both keeps time in seconds AND casts it to signed int. Which means the maximum time the game will allow displayed is a bit over 67 years (anyone remember the "67 years til node" issue in MJ?).

So I can't set it to display 1950. At most I could get it to say 66, but then you'd only have a bit over a year's playtime.

could you set the year to '50?

With such a limited range in years, I think we should stick with '0'. Or '-66" if that doesn't break anything. With a full-scale solar-system, even that small timespan is going to make Pluto/Vall/whatever missions kinda tricky.

What happens after filling your 67 years up?

Do you have any indication where I could find that planning software? I am quite sure I have seen ESA and NASA stuff pass by, but I am not sure of the exact nature and totally unsure of where to get it. I did some quick Googling, but that did not turn up what I hoped to find.

Two options are:

- NASA GMAT (General Mission Analysis Tool)

- AGI Satellite Toolkit Free edition

I haven't delved deep into both but it seems GMAT is more easy to use. AGI STK is a beast.

I now want to warp to Year 67 and see what happens :P

The mission clock goes wonky. I expect if I could read it, it might make some kind of sense. It seems like it has three lines but I guess they're just crammed in so I really dont know...

Been working on trying to get the Kethane grid to be at about the right hight above the planets/moons so that you can see what is scanned easier. Some of them were way off for RSS.

In the Grid.cfg file in the Kethane mod for 0.8.2 these are the values I've come up with for best results...

Sun = 0

Moho = 1.018

Eve = 1.005
Gilly = 0.08

Kerbin = 1.005
Mun = 1.022
Minmus = 1.07

Duna = 1.018
Ike = 1.08

Dres = 1.03

Jool = 1.005
Laythe = 1.005
Vall = 0.1015
Tylo = 1.012
Bop = 0.06
Pol = 0.106

Eeloo = 1.012

Maybe this information will help any others that want to use Kethane with RSS too.

Hi. I am geting a weird bug with 0.23 what i can't play game with this mode everything turns on but there are no sky and everything goes black and my heigt goes 777777 wtf? When are you going to fix this? Soon? Because I want to play realistic mode ;) with less lag because 0.23!

Sorry for my english...

First of all, thanks for all the work you put into the mod. I love it!

The only other thing I've noticed is it seems impossible to get beyond LEO without greatly increasing the Isp of my engines. Maybe it can be done with the joint reinforcement, and a lot more engines/fuel, but [un?]fortunately that mod has been updated to 0.23, and I don't know how to get the old version.

Is there a mod that allows us to easily scale the Isp of our engines without having to edit each and every config?