[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Yes, it's possible, get regex's KSCSwitcher. However, that mod has some issues with RSS (the launch site icons don't show, and some sites are underground) so I have not yet linked it in the OP; regex said he'd look into it.

RSS DOES NOT INCLUDE LAUNCH SITE SWITCHING ITSELF. I will add this to the OP for clarity since people ask every few posts. :)

Ahhhh Ok. I apologize for cluttering up the thread :P Incidentally I thought it was still a part of the mod because the LaunchSites.cfg file is still in the RSS mod and I'd seen it there in previous versions (I updated it with an approximation of the Musudan Ri launch site in the DPRK (N. Korea). Well, that's one snake clubbed... On to the next!

Does anyone have an issue where after installing RO then RSS stops working? I mean that with no RO, I have real solar system. Then I install RO and instead of real solar system, it's back to Kerbol system. If I delete RO folder, then back to real solar system again. Are these two mods incompatible?

I have a question relating to real solar system. Why do my engines keep over heating and blowing up on the launch pad? I am using kerbal difficulty scaler. Do I need to use real fuels and RO (realism Overhaul) with it, or is there some sort of problem that needs to be fixed?

hi guys!!! just trying out the new RO + RSS @ 1.02 and I'm having trouble with KSC Switcher - I installed the mod separately but somehow can't figure out how to change launch locations. Tried clicking on the red dots on Earth while on the Tracking Station but nothing happens :(

any ideas???

EDIT: ah, just red that the mod is having issues with RSS, my bad - will await further developments

hi guys!!! just trying out the new RO + RSS @ 1.02 and I'm having trouble with KSC Switcher - I installed the mod separately but somehow can't figure out how to change launch locations. Tried clicking on the red dots on Earth while on the Tracking Station but nothing happens :(

any ideas???

EDIT: ah, just red that the mod is having issues with RSS, my bad - will await further developments

Click the launch center icon in the upper-right corner, then click a magnifying glass next to a center to move the camera to it and the center name itself to designate it. On-globe site icons don't show up and one or two are underground, but most of them seem to be more or less functional (Australia, Cape Canaveral, that equatorial ESA site mostly run by the French, Vostok, Yukon seem OK from my usage).

Click the launch center icon in the upper-right corner, then click a magnifying glass next to a center to move the camera to it and the center name itself to designate it. On-globe site icons don't show up and one or two are underground, but most of them seem to be more or less functional (Australia, Cape Canaveral, that equatorial ESA site mostly run by the French, Vostok, Yukon seem OK from my usage).

awesome mate, many thanks for the prompt reply!!!!!! very much appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

[off-topic day-dreaming]ah, how I wish the guys responsible for RSS, RO and the realism mods would be approached by the folks at Squad - your work should definitely be included in the original game[/off-topic day-dreaming]

guitarxe: Post logs?

The log is 3.5mb in size, can't find a place to host it, do you know of any?

I've realized that I think this bug seems to only occur during the first install. I.E - Install RSS + Dependencies. Then install RO and play - everything is fine. Quit the game and play again - RSS seems to disappear. Quit the game and play again - RSS reappears and stays. So it's pretty weird.

So, i'm trying to fix a bunch of major issues in my KSP install right now. Atm i'm getting a crash every single time i'm going from a craft on earth back to VAB or Spaceport. More specifically the RAM usage (using 8k textures and Open GL) remain below 2.5GB from main menu to flight, and then, when I switch from craft to spaceport, the game jumps up to 3.4GB in ~2 seconds and crashs.

I've looked at the log and there is a bunch of kopernicus/planet stuff just before the mem-crash. Is it possibly an issue with RSS?

saved

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Saving FAR Data

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

FAR: save AG actionGroupSpoiler as Brakes

FAR: save AG actionGroupIncreaseFlapDeflection as None

FAR: save AG actionGroupDecreaseFlapDeflection as None

Game State Saved to saves/default/persistent

[DestructibleBuilding]: ID for this building is not defined correctly. Cannot unregister.

[B][HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From FLIGHT to SPACECENTER (Async) =====================[/B]

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Pluto'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map PlutoHeight (G) for Pluto, and Pluto of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/PlutoHeight.dds, autoload = True

OD: map PlutoHeight (G) for Pluto, and Pluto enabling self, time was 0. Path = RSS-Textures/PluginData/PlutoHeight.dds

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Triton'

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Iapetus'

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Titan'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map TitanHeight (G) for Titan, and Titan of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/TitanHeight.dds, autoload = True

OD: map TitanHeight (G) for Titan, and Titan enabling self, time was 0. Path = RSS-Textures/PluginData/TitanHeight.dds

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Rhea'

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Dione'

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Tethys'

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Enceladus'

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Mimas'

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Callisto'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map CallistoHeight (G) for Callisto of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/CallistoHeight.dds, autoload = True

OD: map CallistoHeight (G) for Callisto enabling self, time was 0. Path = RSS-Textures/PluginData/CallistoHeight.dds

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Ganymede'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map GanymedeHeight (G) for Ganymede, and Ganymede of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/GanymedeHeight.dds, autoload = True

OD: map GanymedeHeight (G) for Ganymede, and Ganymede enabling self, time was 0. Path = RSS-Textures/PluginData/GanymedeHeight.dds

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Europa'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map EuropaHeight (G) for Europa, and Europa of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/EuropaHeight.dds, autoload = True

OD: map EuropaHeight (G) for Europa, and Europa enabling self, time was 0. Path = RSS-Textures/PluginData/EuropaHeight.dds

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Io'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map IoHeight (G) for Io of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/IoHeight.dds, autoload = True

OD: map IoHeight (G) for Io enabling self, time was 0. Path = RSS-Textures/PluginData/IoHeight.dds

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Deimos'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map DeimosHeight (G) for Deimos of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/DeimosHeight.dds, autoload = True

OD: map DeimosHeight (G) for Deimos enabling self, time was 0. Path = RSS-Textures/PluginData/DeimosHeight.dds

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Phobos'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map PhobosHeight (G) for Phobos of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/PhobosHeight.dds, autoload = True

OD: map PhobosHeight (G) for Phobos enabling self, time was 0. Path = RSS-Textures/PluginData/PhobosHeight.dds

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Mars'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map MarsHeight (G) for Mars, and Mars of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/MarsHeight.dds, autoload = True

OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Texture2D:GetPixels32 (int)

at UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels32 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MapSO.CreateGreyscaleFromAlpha (UnityEngine.Texture2D tex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MapSO.CreateMap (MapDepth depth, UnityEngine.Texture2D tex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Kopernicus.OnDemand.MapSODemand.CreateMap (MapDepth depth, UnityEngine.Texture2D tex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Kopernicus.OnDemand.MapSODemand.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Kopernicus.OnDemand.MapSODemand.GetPixelFloat (Double x, Double y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PQSMod_VertexHeightMap.OnVertexBuildHeight (.VertexBuildData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PQS.Mod_OnVertexBuildHeight (.VertexBuildData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PQS.GetSurfaceHeight (Vector3d radialVector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PQS.UpdateVisual () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PQS.StartSphere (Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PQS+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Moon'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map MoonHeight (G) for Moon, and Moon of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/MoonHeight.dds, autoload = True

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 33554433B with 32 alignment. MemoryLabel: Texture
Allocation happend at: Line:411 in
Memory overview

[ ALLOC_DEFAULT ] used: 601279814B | peak: 0B | reserved: 664593135B

[ ALLOC_GFX ] used: 456323301B | peak: 0B | reserved: 529771545B

[ ALLOC_CACHEOBJECTS ] used: 82340B | peak: 0B | reserved: 12582912B

[ ALLOC_TYPETREE ] used: 20472B | peak: 0B | reserved: 4194304B

[ ALLOC_PROFILER ] used: 74160B | peak: 0B | reserved: 4194304B
Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Memory overview

(Filename: Line: 920)

[Kopernicus]: failed to load D:/KSP/KSPRSS/KSP_winRSS/KSP_Data/../GameData/RSS-Textures/PluginData/MoonHeight.dds with exception Out of memory

at MapSO.CreateGreyscaleFromAlpha (UnityEngine.Texture2D tex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MapSO.CreateMap (MapDepth depth, UnityEngine.Texture2D tex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Kopernicus.OnDemand.MapSODemand.CreateMap (MapDepth depth, UnityEngine.Texture2D tex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Kopernicus.OnDemand.MapSODemand.GetPixelFloat (Double x, Double y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PQSMod_VertexHeightMap.OnVertexBuildHeight (.VertexBuildData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PQS.Mod_OnVertexBuildHeight (.VertexBuildData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PQS.GetSurfaceHeight (Vector3d radialVector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Venus'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map VenusHeight (G) for Venus, and Venus of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/VenusHeight.dds, autoload = True

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Memory overview

[ ALLOC_DEFAULT ] used: 601279886B | peak: 0B | reserved: 664593135B

Memory overview

Crash!!!
SymInit: Symbol-SearchPath: '.;D:\KSP\KSPRSS\KSP_winRSS;D:\KSP\KSPRSS\KSP_winRSS;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;SRV*C:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;', symOptions: 530, UserName: 'Tem'
OS-Version: 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1) 0x300-0x1

Edited by Temeter

Does anyone have color and height maps for the Uranian major moons? I am trying to create my RSS expansion again and I wanted to add them in, however, the Space Engine textures are utterly broken (ingame ones are horribly blurry, and the exported ones are completely wrong).

Does anyone have color and height maps for the Uranian major moons? I am trying to create my RSS expansion again and I wanted to add them in, however, the Space Engine textures are utterly broken (ingame ones are horribly blurry, and the exported ones are completely wrong).

How spooky

I literally just came here after watching heaps of your videos and thinking how cool real solar system is :)

About the moons of Uranus, I'm reasonably sure that the only maps of reasonable definition that exist are partial (half at most) ones taken by voyager 2

These are the best ones I know of

Miranda

Ariel

Titania

Oberon

I'd speculate that the best you're going to be able to do is try and overlay these onto the space engine ones

So, i'm trying to fix a bunch of major issues in my KSP install right now. Atm i'm getting a crash every single time i'm going from a craft on earth back to VAB or Spaceport. More specifically the RAM usage (using 8k textures and Open GL) remain below 2.5GB from main menu to flight, and then, when I switch from craft to spaceport, the game jumps up to 3.4GB in ~2 seconds and crashs.

I've looked at the log and there is a bunch of kopernicus/planet stuff just before the mem-crash. Is it possibly an issue with RSS?

saved

Saving FAR Data

FAR: save AG actionGroupSpoiler as Brakes

FAR: save AG actionGroupIncreaseFlapDeflection as None

FAR: save AG actionGroupDecreaseFlapDeflection as None

Game State Saved to saves/default/persistent

[DestructibleBuilding]: ID for this building is not defined correctly. Cannot unregister.

[B][HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From FLIGHT to SPACECENTER (Async) =====================[/B]

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Pluto'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map PlutoHeight (G) for Pluto, and Pluto of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/PlutoHeight.dds, autoload = True

OD: map PlutoHeight (G) for Pluto, and Pluto enabling self, time was 0. Path = RSS-Textures/PluginData/PlutoHeight.dds

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Triton'

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Iapetus'

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Titan'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map TitanHeight (G) for Titan, and Titan of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/TitanHeight.dds, autoload = True

OD: map TitanHeight (G) for Titan, and Titan enabling self, time was 0. Path = RSS-Textures/PluginData/TitanHeight.dds

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Rhea'

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Dione'

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Tethys'

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Enceladus'

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Mimas'

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Callisto'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map CallistoHeight (G) for Callisto of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/CallistoHeight.dds, autoload = True

OD: map CallistoHeight (G) for Callisto enabling self, time was 0. Path = RSS-Textures/PluginData/CallistoHeight.dds

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Ganymede'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map GanymedeHeight (G) for Ganymede, and Ganymede of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/GanymedeHeight.dds, autoload = True

OD: map GanymedeHeight (G) for Ganymede, and Ganymede enabling self, time was 0. Path = RSS-Textures/PluginData/GanymedeHeight.dds

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Europa'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map EuropaHeight (G) for Europa, and Europa of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/EuropaHeight.dds, autoload = True

OD: map EuropaHeight (G) for Europa, and Europa enabling self, time was 0. Path = RSS-Textures/PluginData/EuropaHeight.dds

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Io'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map IoHeight (G) for Io of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/IoHeight.dds, autoload = True

OD: map IoHeight (G) for Io enabling self, time was 0. Path = RSS-Textures/PluginData/IoHeight.dds

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Deimos'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map DeimosHeight (G) for Deimos of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/DeimosHeight.dds, autoload = True

OD: map DeimosHeight (G) for Deimos enabling self, time was 0. Path = RSS-Textures/PluginData/DeimosHeight.dds

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Phobos'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map PhobosHeight (G) for Phobos of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/PhobosHeight.dds, autoload = True

OD: map PhobosHeight (G) for Phobos enabling self, time was 0. Path = RSS-Textures/PluginData/PhobosHeight.dds

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Mars'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map MarsHeight (G) for Mars, and Mars of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/MarsHeight.dds, autoload = True

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Moon'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map MoonHeight (G) for Moon, and Moon of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/MoonHeight.dds, autoload = True

Memory overview

Memory overview

[Kopernicus]: failed to load D:/KSP/KSPRSS/KSP_winRSS/KSP_Data/../GameData/RSS-Textures/PluginData/MoonHeight.dds with exception Out of memory

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Venus'

OD: ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map VenusHeight (G) for Venus, and Venus of path RSS-Textures/PluginData/VenusHeight.dds, autoload = True

Memory overview

Memory overview

Crash!!!
SymInit: Symbol-SearchPath: '.;D:\KSP\KSPRSS\KSP_winRSS;D:\KSP\KSPRSS\KSP_winRSS;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;SRV*C:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;', symOptions: 530, UserName: 'Tem'
OS-Version: 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1) 0x300-0x1

I had the very same issue: You have to change a switch in a config file. See here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/99966-1-0-2-Realism-Overhaul-v10-0-2015-167?p=2031867&viewfull=1#post2031867

I have 1024x512 .PNG maps for Miranda, Ariel, Umbriel, Titania, and Oberon all with no gaps. But I only have the COLOR maps, not HEIGHT. As far as I am aware, there are no height maps available anywhere for those moons.

Just tried this and looks great but stock contracts didn't seem to work with it. It's like the contracts aren't recognizing Earth in place of Kerbin. I haven't seen this when doing a search on here, but with over 500 pages it could be missed. This was using KSP 1.0.4.

I finished the first release of an expansion pack for RSS!

So far includes Charon, Styx, and all of Neptune's Outer moons as well as Proteus.

Have the download link here because KerbalStuff isn't working http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/126795-1-0-4-Solar-System-Expanded-Real-Solar-System-Expansion-pack

Does anyone know how to add Trojan asteroids?

I watched the video and it's something that I will consider, once I ever go that far out. What I like is that it adds new things like the unexpected orbits of Neptunian moons.

What about Ceres, Vesta etc? I personally find the asteroid belt at least as important as a whole bunch of moons on Neptune. Also because there is still new research going on in our lifetimes, Uranus/Neptune is what we got from Voyager and that's that.