[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Benskie: post output_log.txt (or player.log for Mac/Linux). Sounds like an installation error.

sorry for late reply but I got it working after re-installing KSP and RSS for the 4th time....not sure where I was stuffing it up but it must have been my fault some how

Only issue i got now is the texture on kibin is a bit jittery until I hit around 100km alt but i haven't looked into it yet, am about to search the thread

Thanks for the reply and in future i will remember to ensure i post output log

Hello

I have a problem with the RSS.

After installing probably any mods that alter the terrain, the click zones of the buildings on the space center screen get corrupted somehow. It becomes quite hard to find a spot where the building is highlighted to click the mouse button. The problem seems to disappear after reloading the screen, by visiting the tracking station for example, but sometimes I can not manage to get in there easily enough, and should I reload the game or change the launch site, the same thing happens again.

What can I do with that?

Also, I would like to use the upscaled Kerbin config instead of the real Earth, but it seems to change the landscape around the whole Kerbal space center, and also changes the look of the water textures dramatically, another one problem is a couple of big water coloured islands in the ocean near the center. Are there any fixes for these, to make the scaled planet look like the stock one?

Thank you!

...which I may use, either as is or as a starting point, instead of making a new one from scratch...

Sure.

I also have the problem with buildings flickering at first load of KSC, but for me, its not a big deal.

Hello

I have a problem with the RSS.

After installing probably any mods that alter the terrain, the click zones of the buildings on the space center screen get corrupted somehow. It becomes quite hard to find a spot where the building is highlighted to click the mouse button. The problem seems to disappear after reloading the screen, by visiting the tracking station for example, but sometimes I can not manage to get in there easily enough, and should I reload the game or change the launch site, the same thing happens again.

What can I do with that?

Also, I would like to use the upscaled Kerbin config instead of the real Earth, but it seems to change the landscape around the whole Kerbal space center, and also changes the look of the water textures dramatically, another one problem is a couple of big water coloured islands in the ocean near the center. Are there any fixes for these, to make the scaled planet look like the stock one?

Thank you!

Problem one is quite common, best way to mitigate it is to move the camera view somewhat before selecting where you want to go. I think regex is working on something that may fix it, but I'm not really sure. As for problem 2, I am pretty sure jsimmons updated his 10x Kerbol system from the OP to work with v6.1, so it is most likely an installation error. I'm guessing Nathan would say to post your output_log.txt so we can see where the error is.

Sure.

I also have the problem with buildings flickering at first load of KSC, but for me, its not a big deal.

Excellent... I think the only changes that need to be made to your Mars map would be to reclass the Tharsis Bulge into it's own biome, enhance the detail of Valles Marineris, and maybe break it up into 3-4 smaller biomes for more exploration potential.

Bug Report: Spaceport spawns underground and I cant launch things.

Same here. Although my rockets launch from the surface, so that works. Although walking around on Earth you are about 3 feet below the surface (the bottom half of your Kerbal is not visible).

I also have MechJeb, Infernal Robotics, Lazors, Aviation Lights and Kethane installed.

Edited by RocketBlam

eDRj0OY.png

Newest version of the Moon map. 21 biomes, with some specifics and some generalizations. I had to generalize certain areas I originally wanted to keep unique because not doing that would have lead to runaway biome creation. The problem I'm trying to solve with this map, however, is that many of the colors are too similar, so when in transition, many of the biomes are jumping all over the place. Will need some work to get it sorted still...

EDIT: Aside from coloring, I consider this pretty much done for the time being...

Hello!

Can I get some Kerbin textures to use with the rescale configs, for example, with higher resolution than the stock ones, to make them look normally with the larger planet, especially how the water looks from small altitudes?

Thank you!

Planets still have stock names right? Because if THIS could be used to change the name of planets too, it would be just the thing to finally have the real names... (If I am wrong and you already know there is no way of changing planet names or they are already changend just ignore :) )

Planets still have stock names right? Because if THIS could be used to change the name of planets too, it would be just the thing to finally have the real names... (If I am wrong and you already know there is no way of changing planet names or they are already changend just ignore :) )

6.1 includes real names but they're disabled. If you want to use them, open the cfg and remove the // from BodyName. Please keep in mind it breaks a lot of mods (EVE is an example) which is why it isn't enabled right now.

6.1 includes real names but they're disabled. If you want to use them, open the cfg and remove the // from BodyName. Please keep in mind it breaks a lot of mods (EVE is an example) which is why it isn't enabled right now.

Ah ok didn't knew it was already there :D

is there a idiots guide to get into orbit ? been trying for a week to get spuntink 1 into orbit to get the 6000 data to do siecence.

i have more than enough delta V which i beleve is 5350m/s but just cant make the curaltion burn even with mech jab or flight computer or manual.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t86/Riddick_album/P4150001_zpsb170f3dd.jpg' alt='P4150001_zpsb170f3dd.jpg'>

is there a idiots guide to get into orbit ? been trying for a week to get spuntink 1 into orbit to get the 6000 data to do siecence.

i have more than enough delta V which i beleve is 5350m/s but just cant make the curaltion burn even with mech jab or flight computer or manual.

You need around 9.8km/s dV to get into orbit reliably. This also varies with the launch site you used and the orbit you're launching into(height of Ap and Pe but also inclination). You can achieve it with less if you test the launch vehicle again and again and perfecting the launch profile. But that takes time.

To get to the Moon you need around 3100m/s dV, to circularise around that around 850m/s. I've landed(with a lot of luck) using only 1900m/s I think. But that was purely by chance. My other landings were closer to 2100m/s.

Could the names not be converted on the fly with a separate plugin rather than at game loading? I'm thinking it would wait for the planet name strings to be outputted, and then do a simple replace function. In theory, this would allow us to name the celestial bodies anything we want without it breaking anything...

Could the names not be converted on the fly with a separate plugin rather than at game loading? I'm thinking it would wait for the planet name strings to be outputted, and then do a simple replace function. In theory, this would allow us to name the celestial bodies anything we want without it breaking anything...

As I said elsewhere, I suspect that there is and that it's maybe just been overlooked by us all.

There were some variables in the CelestialBody class that made me think that awhile back but I never looked into it. If I can get my PC into functioning order then maybe I can check it out.

Functioning for more than 10 minutes anyway.

I tried to get jsimmons 10x scale .cfg file to work and the game won't get passed the loading screen, no other mods, nowhere near 4 GB, what is the deal?

You know the drill.

ouput_log.txt file

unless you're on a mac or linux. then it's player.log

Never ksp.log

Especially not ever.

I tried to get jsimmons 10x scale .cfg file to work and the game won't get passed the loading screen, no other mods, nowhere near 4 GB, what is the deal?

It's probably hanging trying to render the scaled space meshes. If I remember what nathan was saying earlier correctly, if you don't use his default configs, the other configs try and do this every time KSP starts in 6.1, which is about a 15 minute process that looks like it's hanging on loading. I believe a few pages back he stated how to disable this, but I don't remember what it is off hand.

Benoit, apologies for letting this lie so long! (And especial apologies for such a perfect bug-report post, well-described and with the needed log!) I've had a busy few days (sick, then out pretty much all day the last three days) and have only been responding to smaller issues on the forums.

Regarding the terrain issue. What version of EVE, if any, are you running? What do you have your terrain detail level set to in KSP's graphics settings? (Is that what you mean by terrain texture details?)

You can try uncommenting the maxLevels line in the Kerbin PQS in your RealSolarSystem.cfg and see if that makes a difference too.

Regarding speed at launch. Thank you so much for including an output_log.txt unprompted! It appears likely that your problem is having TweakableEverything installed. I had thought the most recent version was compatible with RO, but perhaps not. Try removing it and see if that fixes things.

Promp: the Mod Bundler is a bit outdated, but is the last best hope for such a thing. OtherBarry and I are working on updating it. Due to licenses and other issues, not one-stop-shop pack is available.

antgeth: asmi has surmised with considerable confirmation that there *is* a memory leak in stock KSP regarding PQS terrain. RSS exacerbates it because it throws a lot *more* PQS terrain around. Though as SpacedInvader says, RSSv6+ adds another 200MB or so of memory usage on top of whatever extra memory the far larger number of PQS quads is taking up. Since you've been playing without ATM, however, that means that all your TGA textures have been sitting in memory uncompressed. Even if you only try ATM basic, you should see a considerable decrease in RAM usage. But Agressive is the way to go.

Benskie: it's not the texture that's jittery, it's the [PQS] terrain. I don't know of a way to fix that right now...

Tantalus792, RocketBlam: I have created a FAQ page.

SpacedInvader: that biome map is looking awesome!

Kitspace: you might want to look into TextureReplacer and its texture packs.

DasBananenbrot: As AndreyATGB says, they're in there. However, I replied on the linked thread as to why it's a potentially dangerous thing to do (and thus why I left it disabled).

SpacedInvader: that's not really how it works; the Squad code that outputs text strings is going to directly reference CelestialBody.name (or .bodyName, which, AAUUUGGH, is actually the same thing). (This maybe also answers Starwaster's point: you'd think so, but noooo, one just points to the other...)

RuBisCO: Yargnit has it right. (I should never have defaulted to wrap=true in release. Sorry folks...). For now, set wrap=false at the top of the RSS config file, right below the first {

griffin247: Check out the RSS wiki, in particular Ferram's Launch Vehicle tutorial.

Edited by NathanKell