[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

I've always said that cats should be spayed and neutered, and I see you've let them multiply in your code with this last commit. That's a crying shame, but wouldn't it be great to let us know what they're actually up to? I gather from the commit that it's something to do with not applying some (which?) patches on 64-bit systems and then reporting such, but I wouldn't mind hearing it from the horse's mouth (or cat's, I suppose) [E] in the changelog.

Edited by RWB Barker

While sarbian is obviously the ultimate authority, the latest update doesn't apply a mods patches if the mod disables itself on Winx64 KSP. For example, installing FAR with the previous MM would break the control surfaces as MM replaces the stock ones with FARs non-working ones. Now, as FAR disables itself, MM doesn't apply the patches meaning the control surfaces retain their stock functionality. Another example would be RealChute and (not) adding its patches to stock parachutes.

Apologies for derailing the discussion about cats (a vital topic I'm sure we all agree! :) ) but I have a question about ModuleManager.

Can I do this?

@PART[*]:HAS[ @MODULE[ModuleEngines],@RESOURCE[solidFuel<25]]

{

...(stuff)

}

If not (and I suspect the answer is currently not), is that a planned feature? I'd quite like it for the specific usecase of disallowing Entropy O-ring failures on any SRB smaller than a given size.

@darloth:

I don't know if you can use a "<X" (less than X) value on MM. My attempts using this weren't succesful. So the closest I could get to your request was this:

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines],@RESOURCE[SolidFuel]:HAS[#maxAmount[8]]]
{
(stuff)
}

This would require you to meownually set each of the engines' maxAmount of SolidFuel that you wish to edit.

That would be someow useful if you could manage to get this code working for multiple purrts. The way it's written there, you would have to copy this whole code for each engine, so it's easier to just filter for the engine's name, instead of filtering for a specific value in it.

In order to avoid this, I tried the following codes:

[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines],@RESOURCE[SolidFuel][COLOR=#0000ff][B]:HAS[#maxAmount[8]|#maxAmount[433]][/B][/COLOR]]
{
(stuff)
}
@PART

and

[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines],[B][COLOR=#0000ff]@RESOURCE[SolidFuel]:HAS[#maxAmount[8]]|@RESOURCE[SolidFuel]:HAS[#maxAmount[433]][/COLOR][/B]]
{
(stuff)
}
@PART

The first one only detected and edited the engine containing the first value (8), leaving the second engine (433) untouched. I don't know if there's something wrong with the code, or if it's a bug.

The second one didn't even work.

Someowne else will probably have a better answer. But I hope I've helped at least a bit. :)

Also, Cats.

Edited by Kowgan
fixed last code attempt. Still doesn't work anyway.

So, I'm trying to make an MM config to add electric charge back to the command pods when using MFT and TACLS as there's currently a bug where electric charge and mono are being removed entirely. Made a definition and a config to add it but it's either I manage to add in electric charge while removing the lifesupport tanks, or it doesn't. Not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point.

TANK_DEFINITION
{
name = ElectricCharge
basemass = -1
TANK
{
name = ElectricCharge
amount = full
maxAmount = 100%
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[1],@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
type = ElectricCharge
basemass = -1
volume = 250
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[2],@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
type = ElectricCharge
basemass = -1
volume = 350
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[3],@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
type = ElectricCharge
basemass = -1
volume = 450
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[4],@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
type = ElectricCharge
basemass = -1
volume = 550
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[5],@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
type = ElectricCharge
basemass = -1
volume = 650
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[6],@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
type = ElectricCharge
basemass = -1
volume = 750
}
}

Should probably mention this is my first time trying to make an MM config. Crossposting with MFT thread.

So I am probably late to the party. But. What is this about cats?

Can we launch cats to space yet?

Any cats you launch better return safely or else Kleopatra's gonna get you. She's gonna GITCHA.

(Also, @Darloth asking about using math in conditionals: No, can't do stuff like that)

Edited by Starwaster

While sarbian is obviously the ultimate authority, the latest update doesn't apply a mods patches if the mod disables itself on Winx64 KSP. For example, installing FAR with the previous MM would break the control surfaces as MM replaces the stock ones with FARs non-working ones. Now, as FAR disables itself, MM doesn't apply the patches meaning the control surfaces retain their stock functionality. Another example would be RealChute and (not) adding its patches to stock parachutes.

I see. Then any patch which NEEDS[FAR] would also be suppressed, and any which needs !FAR would be permitted, I suppose. How about BEFORE and AFTER? Are we just going to have to be careful with those edge cases as they appear?

can someone please tell me why

[FONT=arial]@PART[US_i_Wedge_FuelCell] 
{
!MODULE[REGO_ModuleResourceConverter] {}

MODULE
{
name = REGO_ModuleTrickleCharger
startAnimationName = Risk It
activeAnimationName = Combobulating
// The ammount of electric charge (in kJ) recieved from 1 unit of fuel
conversionRatio = 247
// The maximum output of the generator in MW
maxOutput = 16
FuelResource = Hydrogen, 1, Oxygen, 0.5
GeneratorName = Fuel Cell
}
}[/FONT]

results in a halt with debug code

IndexOutOfRangeException : "Index was outside the bounds of the array."

IndexOutOfRangeException : "Index was outside the bounds of the array."

How exactly does the :NEEDS[] condition work?

I want to deactivate a patch if a certain mod is present. So understand that I have to do :NEEDS[!modname]. But what is "modname"? The explanation on page 1 of the thread seems to suggest that it is the filename of the DLL shipped by that mod, but what about mods that don't ship a DLL at all (pure parts packs)?

@Twinkee: I got that once when I tried to do something with a ModuleEngines that only works with a ModuleEnginesFX. So maybe you're also trying to do something with that trickle charger module that it is not designed to do?

Edited by Streetwind

I see. Then any patch which NEEDS[FAR] would also be suppressed, and any which needs !FAR would be permitted, I suppose. How about BEFORE and AFTER? Are we just going to have to be careful with those edge cases as they appear?

I presume that would be the case, yes. And yeah, if you get a BEFORE or AFTER, you're just going to have to be more careful, probably by changing what it references.

@Streetwind: Yeah that's my thought as well, but the Regolith discussion sent me here. I'm just posting in case someone sees something except the Module I'm adding.

@All: The exact module code I posted was customised... like Streetwind said no surprise my tricklecharger experiment didn't work perfectly... but a direct copypasta of functional Regolith module code straight from the Karbonite generator part file should have worked. It didn't and threw the same error.

@Techno65535 : In 0.25x I wanted to do something similar... I moved, not copied, the TACLS MM_AddResoruces file to a separate Gamedata folder and fiddled with it so when it added life support it also added other stuff I wanted. Then any time I updated TACLS I just had to delete it's new MM_AddResources file... As I knew the TACLS file worked I was confident my edit would work... it did.

Edited by Twinkee

Idk where to post this,

every time I tried to load up KSP, the load screen gets stuck on Modulemanager. I downloaded KW rocketry and it stopped working. It worked before.

Mods (not all parts in said mods are included, I delete parts):

KW

Procedural Parts

FASA

Novapunch

Procedural Fairings

RO

RSS

Near future solar

Soviet Engines

Tweakscale

Mechjeb

FAR

Keep in mind it broke when I downloaded KW, before it worked fine.

Module Manager appears to be consistently freezing my game load. Any mod I install with module manager (or MM itself without any mods) freezes the game on load. Game otherwise runs fine with other non MM dependent mods, and stock as well.

this is x32 ksp running on x64 win 7. only mod installed is active texture management at the moment (only mod active at least, everything else is disabled).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aiuzr61xclk17kt/output_log.txt?dl=0 (output.log)

Module Manager appears to be consistently freezing my game load. Any mod I install with module manager (or MM itself without any mods) freezes the game on load. Game otherwise runs fine with other non MM dependent mods, and stock as well.

this is x32 ksp running on x64 win 7. only mod installed is active texture management at the moment (only mod active at least, everything else is disabled).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aiuzr61xclk17kt/output_log.txt?dl=0 (output.log)

ATM will do that for a while, until it's compressed all the textures.

You don't say for how long it freezes, or what the CPU usage and memory usage is.

I installed ATM first and let it do its thing, then tried to install MM on an install with ATM already enabled (e.g. all of the time consuming compression completed).

MM hung the computer for three hours before I gave up. CPU usage was hovering around 4-5%. I don't remember the precise memory usage, but it was well short of the 3.7gb mark.

Try Alt+F12 to get the console then click Debug tab...see what it says.

It will probably say the same thing as the output_log he already posted. :)

I wish I could understand those logs, though. Most of it is martian for me.