[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

Need help!

Yesterday my KSP install works fine, many mods and MM 2.5.6 running.

Then i decided to test ALCOR, bad idea, after KSP don´t load. I delete ALCOR and try again but nothing....

Then i start with delete mods and try again but also no succes.

I uninstall KSP and try with a new install:

1. without mods -> all fine

2. with mods -> first all fine but then the problem beginns again (where the first mod is installed that brings the MM.dll)

3. after many installs/uninstalls i found MM as making problems. When i delete the Modulemanager.2.5.6.dll KSP starts fine. With the dll it stops on the loading screen on the position "ModuleManager" where the configs should be loaded.

I tryed older versions of the dll (2.5.1 and 2.5.4) but still the same. I´m confused because before ALCOR all was fine and the new KSP install should normally solve the problem...

Did you edit anything in the cfg's had that happen last night and first could delete toolbar save settings and MM Cache it would load many be a couple of times and then crash every time but, I editted a cfg before the problem started and turn out had to just delete that save game file and start a new one.

Here is a backup link to Module Manager 2.5.6

github.com/Starwaster/ModuleManager/releases/download/v2.5.6/ModuleManager-2.5.6.zip

Source

https://github.com/Starwaster/ModuleManager

License reminder: CC share-alike license

I will likely create a new thread as the future seems a bit unclear at this point for the fate of this thread.

github.com/Starwaster/ModuleManager/releases/download/v2.5.6/ModuleManager-2.5.6.zip

Source

I will likely create a new thread as the future seems a bit unclear at this point for the fate of this thread.

thx, hopefully sarbian doesn't quit with his other mods

Thanks for your help !!!

My KSP works again :)

As i descripe above, all mod parts loaded at the loading screen, then all stops when Modulemanager load the cfg´s. Normaly you see this but nothing.

In the Taskmanager KSP is still running so i wait... after half an hour (nothing chanced on screen) KSP starts. The next starts run normaly.

Sarbian,

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that as a major part of the KSP community, everyone is thankful for all the hard work that you have done. I really don't want to see it end, especially because of some troll that needs to grow up. If you are done, for any reason with this mod, please allow the entire community to offer all of our thanks and gratitude. You've been here in support of so many mods, not just the ones directly affected by MM, and have always been willing to help someone trouble shoot and get back to playing. I hope that we get to continue playing with your mods and you remain active in this community. I am shamed by the actions of those that either have no etiquette or discipline to know when they shouldn't talk. It is my hope that because of continued instances of these things happening, we are able to effect a change to the KSP community discipline system that removes the ability to troll.

Sincerely,

Ar-Taq

Sarbian,

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that as a major part of the KSP community, everyone is thankful for all the hard work that you have done. I really don't want to see it end, especially because of some troll that needs to grow up. If you are done, for any reason with this mod, please allow the entire community to offer all of our thanks and gratitude. You've been here in support of so many mods, not just the ones directly affected by MM, and have always been willing to help someone trouble shoot and get back to playing. I hope that we get to continue playing with your mods and you remain active in this community. I am shamed by the actions of those that either have no etiquette or discipline to know when they shouldn't talk. It is my hope that because of continued instances of these things happening, we are able to effect a change to the KSP community discipline system that removes the ability to troll.

Sincerely,

Ar-Taq

+1 Well said.

Interacting with humans is the best and worst part of gaming (life?) - the crap gets so tiring

Source

In the mean time I'll post here: We're having an Issue with CrowdSourcedScience, in particular the R&D biomes. Whenever we try to add a result for any of the R&D biomes it gets added as a KerbinSrfLanded report and any Report at R&D is defaulted to that situation. I've gone in and edited squads ScienceDefs.cfg for testing and in a stock install I got a test message for KerbinSrfLandedR&D triggered reliably. In turn, MM has to be responsible, at least somewhat. My best guess is that it hicks up with the "&"-sign, probably overreading or missporting it into the game.

Any ideas?

I could provide a logfile, however it is pointless as this issue does not get tracked there.

In the mean time I'll post here: We're having an Issue with CrowdSourcedScience, in particular the R&D biomes. Whenever we try to add a result for any of the R&D biomes it gets added as a KerbinSrfLanded report and any Report at R&D is defaulted to that situation. I've gone in and edited squads ScienceDefs.cfg for testing and in a stock install I got a test message for KerbinSrfLandedR&D triggered reliably. In turn, MM has to be responsible, at least somewhat. My best guess is that it hicks up with the "&"-sign, probably overreading or missporting it into the game.

Any ideas?

I could provide a logfile, however it is pointless as this issue does not get tracked there.

Not sure how much the log would help with that. A look at the actual config would be better.

I found this in a MM config but what does do?

And is the - there for a use?

(spaces for clarity)

-MODULE[ MonoGen ]:HAS[ #tag [ makeMonoPropellant ] ] {}

It's the same as !

It deletes the MODULE named MonoGen but ONLY if that MODULE has a tag set to makeMonoPropellant.

Sarbian,

Sincerely,

Ar-Taq

This.

Whatever your decision is - Even if you just need a time somewhere else to cool things out -, we'll always be forever grateful for your effort and service towards us, Sarbian. Many, many thanks for all you've done for us. You can be sure you made a difference in this community. Take care. :)

This.

Whatever your decision is - Even if you just need a time somewhere else to cool things out -, we'll always be forever grateful for your effort and service towards us, Sarbian. Many, many thanks for all you've done for us. You can be sure you made a difference in this community. Take care. :)

I'll add my voice to the pack - even though I really haven't been a KSP modder for very long, it's because of pioneers like you that have made it so easy for me to start doing this. If you decide not to come back, then best of luck to you, Sarbian.

I'll add my voice to the pack - even though I really haven't been a KSP modder for very long, it's because of pioneers like you that have made it so easy for me to start doing this. If you decide not to come back, then best of luck to you, Sarbian.

Wow, what to say???

I can not think of playing KSP without all of my 'sarbian' mods.....

Like others, I wish you the very best and hope that when the trouble makers have drifted away, we might see you again.

Thanks for everything....

Going to add my voice to the growing chorus here. Sarbian, please come back! We love your mod, and the nyan cat thing is pretty funny. MM has become so essential to KSP modding that many mods (mine included) will wither and die when 0.91 comes out.

Sarbian,

Sincerely,

Ar-Taq

Sarbiam,

Online seems to bring out both the best (see all the modders here) and the worst in people.

On behalf of myself, I would like to thank you for all the hard work you've done with ModuleManager and your other mods. It would be a shame if a single bozo (would have used a stronger word, but keeping this clean) can so utterly ruin someone's ability to participate. Regardless, whether you continue or not, thank you for what you've done until this point.

LinuxGuruGamer

It would even be more of a shame if he quit for a single person like me, even after I apologized to him. Nobody even knows what happened with me and him because all my messages were removed before anyone could. I was insulted from the cat and drama from 64 bit and that is why I commented originally if anyone needs to know why this happened. I was upset because I love the modding community and I showcased his mods even but felt offended after that. But anyways, I would like to formally say right now to him and everyone that I'm sorry again, no reason to quit for me because I am not so heavy a user that it would affect me. You would be hurting the others more and they did nothing! So again for my fellow KSP friends I apologize to you and ask you will you come back? Like I said before after seeing as much complaining on the forums as me I had no Idea my message would cause this much harm! :-(

I really don't think he will come back until at least he sees my apology so can you please put my messages through! This is what started the whole thing was because I thought he was the one deleting my messages!!! When really it was a 3rd party who I was unaware of!!! Eck hem....

Like I said before after seeing as much complaining on the forums as me I had no Idea my message would cause this much harm! :-(

Well, when you call people who like rainbows a british cigarette and make it sound like that's a bad thing, it tends to have a pretty big effect, intentionally or not. And insisting that modders aren't supporting Winx64 out of jealousy didn't help your cause either.

It would even be more of a shame if he quit for a single person like me, even after I apologized to him. Nobody even knows what happened with me and him because all my messages were removed before anyone could. I was insulted from the cat and drama from 64 bit and that is why I commented originally if anyone needs to know why this happened. I was upset because I love the modding community and I showcased his mods even but felt offended after that. But anyways, I would like to formally say right now to him and everyone that I'm sorry again, no reason to quit for me because I am not so heavy a user that it would affect me. You would be hurting the others more and they did nothing! So again for my fellow KSP friends I apologize to you and ask you will you come back? Like I said before after seeing as much complaining on the forums as me I had no Idea my message would cause this much harm! :-(

*Insert rude mudsling here*

Dude, you started it. Now you gotta deal with the results.