[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

Where did you get your MM dll from ?

Edit : it could be an AntiVirus or Windows security problem. Please comy your KSP install outside of C:\Program Files (x86)\ (like a c\games) and try again.

Edited by sarbian

MM DLL is the one pulled by CKAN, version 2.5.8 I believe.

As for the install directory, this is a Steam install, so it kind of goes where it goes. In previous versions I had MM installed with no problems, and mods that use MM (such as KAS) worked flawlessly as well.

If it were a security issue I would think that Windows would expressly be giving me a hard time about it though, no?

As for the install directory, this is a Steam install, so it kind of goes where it goes. In previous versions I had MM installed with no problems, and mods that use MM (such as KAS) worked flawlessly as well.

If it were a security issue I would think that Windows would expressly be giving me a hard time about it though, no?

Steam downloads the installer, you can find it and do multiple installs.

Alternatively, do a clean install and then copy the entire directory.

No. Other had similar issue and it would be a logical explanation for the exception you get.

Steam allow you to choose an alternate path when you install a game. And KSP does not require steam anyway, so you can just copy the game elsewhere to test.

No. Other had similar issue and it would be a logical explanation for the exception you get.

Steam allow you to choose an alternate path when you install a game. And KSP does not require steam anyway, so you can just copy the game elsewhere to test.

Well that didn't help at all. However, the clever guy who suggested I open debug while it was loading (didn't know you could even do that) might have helped.

got this grab when it got stuck.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hlf5lv9eorkb25e/screenshot.png?dl=0

I've just copied the whole Kerbal Space Program folder out of the steam directory to a new location (to disable unwanted steam updates), and it works fine.

Hello to all.

Is there anyway to find out what line or entity of a cfg is causing an error?

I am getting;

[LOG 06:08:06.808] [ModuleManager] ModuleManager: 3078 patches applied, found 1 error

1 error in GameData/TweakScale/CMES_Tweakscale.cfg

but when searching through the ksp.log and output_log.txt, the above is all that is shown that has anything to do with the error...

I am hoping that I can find out where to look for the error.

The log should mention the entry.

H'mm, ok...

I am re-running and will include both logs... I see where it says 1 error found, but nothing in the logs regarding a bust in a MM load...

thanks for your help and always thanks for all of your mods and work...

EDIT: here is a link to the compressed logs.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/evxn0uwgq74x8aw/AAAAk4Z0hh_UsXsWEDX6_Zq5a?dl=0

thanks.

Edited by drtedastro

It is the same exception. MM can't read its own DLL...

As Kowgan suggested try with an older version and/or install the last one by hand.

Weirdly, I installed it on install #2 using Tinkertime and it loaded no problem. Maybe the problem is how CKAN was installing it... will check more thoroughly this evening.

dstonecross : if you still have the not working MM dll somewhere could you upload it on dropbox or something like it ? I kinda expect it to be truncated or somehow corrupted but I want to check.

dstonecross : if you still have the not working MM dll somewhere could you upload it on dropbox or something like it ? I kinda expect it to be truncated or somehow corrupted but I want to check.

I think I figured it out.

Don't have the MM .dll file in the general KSP folder as well as in the game data folder, or it freezes. remove the /gamedata one and leave the /ksp one and it works fine.

Hi there, I wonder if anyone could give me a hint on this:

I tried to change the Karbonite converter recipes slightly using the @ operator in the MM patch. Problem is: there are 3 identical regolith modules in there, holding the 3 different recipes (3x MODULE[REGO_ModuleResourceConverter] ).

I now checked my syntax and realized that the @ operator only changes the first match, even if I put three for the three recipes in the patch. Can anyone give me a hint on how to work around this? I would hate to just edit the part config files.

Many thanks :)

PS: Is there a way to "find-and-replace" a string in the config file using MM?

Hint:

@MODULE,0
{
lol stuff
}

@MODULE[thatmodule],2
{
not-so-lol-stuff
}

@Sarbian: :( Bad sides of a maintainer. I'm trying my best at my knowledge limits to ease some of your work here in the forums. Let me know if I can help elsehow.

Edited by Kowgan
fixing stupidity

This.

I people want to help they can also transcript the info in the two first post of the thread into the wiki

I wanna do it, but I'm afraid to double post information there. I also noticed that many of the info I've asked here are already written there, but they were not clear enough to me at the time.

Would it be okay if I made a "MM for du beginners", or "MM FAQ" section over there, covering the most basics/most asked questions over here, even if that means probably repeating already existent info?