[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

Monodevelop + the source from git. There's more information to be found on the forums, have a search around.

Do not under any circumstances ask for support with KJR on the Win64 build though, you will draw much ire. ;)

Honestly, I'd wouldn't recommend the Win64 build, 32bit + ActiveTextureManagement + some restraint re. mods or x64 on GNU/Linux will serve better.

There are good reasons it's not just a config edit.

Monodevelop + the source from git. There's more information to be found on the forums, have a search around.

Do not under any circumstances ask for support with KJR on the Win64 build though, you will draw much ire. ;)

Honestly, I'd wouldn't recommend the Win64 build, 32bit + ActiveTextureManagement + some restraint re. mods or x64 on GNU/Linux will serve better.

There are good reasons it's not just a config edit.

Hi steve_v,

Got it, will read up for more info. The load-up screen of win64 KSP says it all about it being unstable which is not caused by mods. :wink:

Thanks again. :)

I would love to use the linux install, but it doesnt work. I made a thread and tried to fix it, but its been months and no one can help me. My windows 64x has worked just fine, minus the wiggly rockets. Im sure if I could get a version of this without the 64x break, it would work fine. Linux is NOT an option, unless someone can help me fix it. 32x is also not an option, I have way to many mods.

Need more information; all reports are that it should work perfectly fine on Linux64, since the code it runs is identical to code on all other systems; only win64 has any change in code.

Do you not get the "physics easing" message in the bottom right when loading into the scene? Have you installed this properly (read: not relying on CKAN)?

Hello,

Having a weird bug and I am 99.9% sure it is being caused by KJR. While in orbit around Kerbin (with no apparent cause and happening all at once) every single part on the station will simultaneously reach max temperature and will explode. I have only been able to replicate it four times and it doesn't happen with the mod uninstalled. It can take anywhere from 10-20 min or it can happen as soon as it has reached orbit. With out knowing the exact cause I cant replicate it in a timely manner, the only way is to either let the game sit running or put into time warp (luckily It is on my science farming station so it has to do that anyway). Like I said it can sit in warp for 10-20 min before exploding. The crash log after the ship explodes doesn't help either. It just list every single part (all 64) with the explanation "part overheated". I even tried installing radiators but doesn't help, it will still spontaneously explode.

Edit: also coincidentally this only started happening after I installed this mod, it is also the latest mod I installed. Any help would be great. (need to get my lab back up and this is a must have mod!)

I don't think there is a conflict seeing as all my mods are just parts packs... but here is the list.

kocFpgt.jpg

Edited by vmatt1203
forgot

Not KJR, KJR does not affect temperature whatsoever. This is a stock bug.

yep your right. after an hour of testing I reproduced it with KJR uninstalled. Was just a coincidence. Sucks too, no way I cant see how to save the station and Jeb is on it ;.; and my last save was 3 days ago. I still have no idea what is causing it.

Great mod btw. Always hated ruining my rockets with struts :)

vmatt1203 i struggled with that bug for awhile and it really got under my skin. But i found the solution is to lower the heat conduction under thermal physics settings from 20 to 1. I even had to completely disable heat conduction at times where even that fix failed. My solution to all that was installing Deadly Reentry and RealHeat.

Not sure what Squad is thinking about letting such a significant bug go on for so long. Gotta be a method to the madness.

snip

Thank you, I will try that out. Weirder still is that all the crew members that were on the station were just returned to the available crew list, instead of being marked as KIA/Lost. Very strange bug. That was the first I have run into it thankfully :)

Is anyone else having issues with lack of reentry heat and / aero effects with this mod. Not had any since installing it, is it a known issue?

G

Nope. Look for other mods that might be causing it.

Is anyone else having issues with lack of reentry heat and / aero effects with this mod. Not had any since installing it, is it a known issue?

G

Seconded. Your problem lies elsewhere.

Seconded. Your problem lies elsewhere.

Thanks for the help - had installed Jebretary at the same time and was launching the game from there. That seems to have caused the issue, was confusing me since KJR was the only physics altering mod I have installed !!

G

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble with planes flipping over during loading, or a less severe case where they hop up and land facing kinda sideways. When they flip, they flip over backwards. It seems more severe with smaller planes. The only other mod I'm using that does anything to physics is FAR. I've tried using only stock parts and the problem is the same. I get some troubling wobbles on the VAB's launch pad, but I just have to wait a few moments before launching. It's much worse with planes on the runway. The problems were not present in a previous playthrough without KJR. Any suggestions?

Those issues sound like issues with the parts and their colliders; it sounds a lot like the part is being spawned with the collider inside the runway or launch pad. KJR doesn't have any effects on where parts spawn, so if it actually can be reproduced by taking a vehicle that isn't affected in stock and adding KJR, then that indicates that it's a stock bug where parts spawn with colliders intersecting the launch facilities and then bounce back.

In either case, I can't reproduce that. I'm in a very difficult position here since all of my recent planes are down at 3 tonnes at takeoff, so they should be suffering these issues left and right, but they don't.

Ferram, why are B9 procedural wings excluded from KJR's R? Is there a particular reason? Out of curiosity I removed that exception from the config XML file, and they seem to work OK. Is something going to blow up on me that I won't see coming?

I am watching this with interest. Wing thickness would be expected to have an effect, but the standard root thickness, combined with a short-span, long-chord, wing on a spaceplane does look implausibly floppy

• 2 weeks later...

Question, how does this mod behave when installed on an already undergoing save? The reason I'm asking is because in the past (quite a while ago) I remember after installation many of my crafts suddently turned to 0m/s speed upon loading, still wondering if that's an issue

Question, how does this mod behave when installed on an already undergoing save? The reason I'm asking is because in the past (quite a while ago) I remember after installation many of my crafts suddently turned to 0m/s speed upon loading, still wondering if that's an issue

I've never had a problem with installing or uninstalling this mod on an already running save. All of my craft maintain their proper orbits/speeds, and it all seems to 'just work'.

I've never had a problem with installing or uninstalling this mod on an already running save. All of my craft maintain their proper orbits/speeds, and it all seems to 'just work'.

Fair enough, I just had one bad experience in the past and I guess I was biased

I'm having an issue where after returning to a space station in orbit front the space center, the docking ports will not undock. I've found the various ways of editing the save files to fix the condition, but most people point to KJR as the cause of this bug and that 3.1.1 was supposed to fix it. I have the latest version, 3.1.4, installed and I'm wondering if KJR might still be the cause of this bug? Thanks!

I'm having an issue where after returning to a space station in orbit front the space center, the docking ports will not undock. I've found the various ways of editing the save files to fix the condition, but most people point to KJR as the cause of this bug and that 3.1.1 was supposed to fix it. I have the latest version, 3.1.4, installed and I'm wondering if KJR might still be the cause of this bug? Thanks!

It's a known stock bug. The more you space station, the greater the odds that it will eventually happen as you dock more and more modules and craft to it.