[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

Even then, however, it's not a sure thing. Please, please don't get into the habit of ignoring warnings.

Especially since ferram, as I, lock on incompatible KSP versions, so I would be you just about anything that KJR is not doing a dang thing.

Even then, however, it's not a sure thing. Please, please don't get into the habit of ignoring warnings.

Especially since ferram, as I, lock on incompatible KSP versions, so I would be you just about anything that KJR is not doing a dang thing.

Well, it SEEMS to be smoothing out the jarring physics change at atmospher entry, especially coming out of warp. However, I'm not seeing the message that normally comes up when you come out of warp either.

Going to check my output log for anything that looks bad.

Edit: Not seeing anything in the output log other than the incompatibility warning. Tried the high warp transition again and still getting the jarring effect, though a little less, no KJR message either. Maybe it's simply non-functional.

Edited by smjjames

Of course there's nothing but the incompatibility warning; as NathanKell said, it locks itself down. Once it hears that it's incompatible, it does jack. Nada. Zip. It refuses to run. It refuses to run specifically because of people that insist that warnings can be ignored because maybe it'll work, because if it fails every single time they try maybe they'll eventually learn that warnings are there for good reasons.

With all that in mind, KJR v3.1.3 is out to make it compatible.

Well, it SEEMS to be smoothing out the jarring physics change at atmospher entry, especially coming out of warp. However, I'm not seeing the message that normally comes up when you come out of warp either.

Going to check my output log for anything that looks bad.

Edit: Not seeing anything in the output log other than the incompatibility warning. Tried the high warp transition again and still getting the jarring effect, though a little less, no KJR message either. Maybe it's simply non-functional.

Placebo effect is a beautiful thing. :) j/k

I'm glad it was a quick update, and thank you smjjames for sharing your test results --even though in this case the devs avoided any issues the old fashioned way: sidestepping them!

Yeah, I wasn't entirely sure on the first observation, then did a few more just to be sure.

Also, the jarring when coming out of high warp at atmosphere is actually lag from graphics, KJR didn't change that.

Ever since I installed Kerbal Joint Reinforcement with my new 1.0, I'm having an odd behavior. When I launch, about 30 seconds into the flight the launch towers appear for a split second like they are just now falling off. If I'm pitched over or not perfectly straight, they impact the rocket and blow it up.

It's almost like the game thinks that the towers never let go and I was carrying them with.

- - - Updated - - -

I managed to capture it this time. I was using the FASA Apollo launch clamps in this launch, but it has done it with the stock ones as well. You can see them falling down in the exhaust below. This is about 30 seconds into the flight.

towers_mid_flight.png

Ever since I installed Kerbal Joint Reinforcement with my new 1.0, I'm having an odd behavior. When I launch, about 30 seconds into the flight the launch towers appear for a split second like they are just now falling off. If I'm pitched over or not perfectly straight, they impact the rocket and blow it up.

It's almost like the game thinks that the towers never let go and I was carrying them with.

- - - Updated - - -

I managed to capture it this time. I was using the FASA Apollo launch clamps in this launch, but it has done it with the stock ones as well. You can see them falling down in the exhaust below. This is about 30 seconds into the flight.

That is a bug with stock KSP 1.0 and happens with absolutely zero mods installed.

@M3Man03: I have never seen this behavior and have never been able to reproduce it. I suspect there is another mod to blame, or else it is a stock issue. It cannot be reproduced with only KJR.

@Krakenfour: The word is to uninstall KJR. The physics easing is necessary to prevent all of KJR's other settings from exploding everything when physics resumes, so you will need to accept it.

@marc40k : Absolutely nothing changed, so yes.

@biohazard15: No, there is no reason to waste bandwidth.

v3.1.3 reports in avc checker as 1.0.2 incompatible, but works fine. Seems to need small update to report 1.0.2 ok in avc

There are no win64 builds of KSP anymore, so the question of whether it disables itself on a win64 build is a moot point.

Sorry and don't spread this but KSP 1.0.2 works AMAZING with 64 bit! Just because SQUAD did not test at all with 1.0 does not mean 64 bit was buggy with 1.0! The community workaround works better than ever and mostly all bugs are gone! Kerbals are no longer in slo-mo at bottom right, no more white flashing from orbit and white halo in the ocean from orbiting Kerbin! Been using it with a lot of mods for days and it has not crashed yet. The only bugs I can find is the right click left click thing on alt tab but thats nothing. Also switching screens you see like some fire graphic for a sec but still nothing major. Please guys SQUAD will get to fixing 64 bit eventually but for now we gotta work with what we have! Srry 4 long post!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh but still would this disable itself on my setup?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I know you like planes check out my baby! She's been getting a TON of attention on YouTube!

- - - Updated - - -

Record holder of biggest plane in STOCK KSP is I

Edited by Eddie Rod
typo

Sorry and don't spread this but KSP 1.0.2 works AMAZING with 64 bit! Just because SQUAD did not test at all with 1.0 does not mean 64 bit was buggy with 1.0! The community workaround works better than ever and mostly all bugs are gone! Kerbals are no longer in slo-mo at bottom right, no more white flashing from orbit and white halo in the ocean from orbiting Kerbin! Been using it with a lot of mods for days and it has not crashed yet. The only bugs I can find is the right click left click thing on alt tab but thats nothing. Also switching screens you see like some fire graphic for a sec but still nothing major. Please guys SQUAD will get to fixing 64 bit eventually but for now we gotta work with what we have! Srry 4 long post!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh but still would this disable itself on my setup?

Squad has at the very least dropped official support for the 64 bit build. Given that there's no reason for mod authors, who have (rightfully) not supported it in the past, to support it now. And with the stock game now allowing DDS textures, the memory issue is greatly reduced.