KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

I can't seem to be able to sync with the rest of the server. It displays that I'm synchronizing with the rest of the world when I log in, but it actually does absolutely nothing. It only lets me sync when I'm seemingly piloting a spacecraft, and after it syncs up KMP disconnects me from the server, essentially making this mod useless apart from me being able to talk to others, like a slightly worse version of Kerbal Live Feed(because I can't pause and quickload).

EDIT: That error is gone for now, but now KMP attained this nasty habit of randomly disconnecting from servers! AAARGHHH! It's like it's trying to do anything it can to keep me from playing Kerbal Multi Player and to trap me into Kerbal Single Player!

This is by far the worst issue I've had. It took me a week to figure it out, but in the end I got it.

This kraken is known as bug #312 and it's got it's tentacles in everything. It WILL be fixed in the next version.

https://github.com/TehGimp/KerbalMultiPlayer/issues/312

EDIT: The docking bug is now getting tracked in bug #382

https://github.com/TehGimp/KerbalMultiPlayer/issues/382

Edited by godarklight

I see that the patch for players disconnecting has been merged in. When will the next release be coming out? I really want to try this out but I can't work out how to compile, I end up with 130 errors. I blame windows, I never develop in windows environments xD

3) I recently found this bug, if you take a vessel outside and back into the bubble and land, They are saved to the server inside the bubble and cannot be deleted, Is this the bug you are getting?

At first I thought this wasn't the case, but after playing for a few more days I think you may be right.

When either one of us joins the server, we see a number of sub-orbital launches that we previously aborted shortly after lift off. The game time has advanced WAY beyond the time these launches took place and subsequently crashed, yet every time one of us connects they show up again. We got around the clutter by simply warping until they all crashed every time we login. What's probably happening is that we are aborting launches before we get out of the 40k bubble which is making the crafts persistent. Either that or aborting the launch and hitting 'revert to XX minutes ago' is placing the craft back in the 40k bubble after which point we go back to the VAB and forget about it.

One way or the other... maybe.

If nothing else terminating craft inside the bubble should be looked at, it doesn't appear to be working consistently.

I really want to try this out but I can't work out how to compile, I end up with 130 errors. I blame windows, I never develop in windows environments xD

I recently looked into this myself, the 'setting up' part of the process is already described here: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Setting_up_MonoDevelop. MonoDevelop is now 'Xamarin Studio' which was confusing for me at first, but it works fine. Install Xamarin Studio and the prerequisites.

Next, get the code at https://github.com/TehGimp/KerbalMultiPlayer: click 'Download ZIP' at the right. You may want to try a different branch instead of the master branch, see 'branches' in the top menu.

Open the .sln file from the zip in Xamarin Studio, it should show you three projects: KerbalMultiPlayer, KMPServer and KMPServerList. We want the first (client) and second (server) project to build.

Under 'References' for both client and server you'll see a number of items coloured in red. These are references that weren't found and which we'll need to add ourselves:

- delete the red-coloured reference

- edit references, go to the .Net Assembly tab and browse to your KSP_win\KSP_Data\Managed folder.

> for 'Assembly-CSharp', add Assembly-CSharp.dll.

> for 'Assembly-CSharp-firstpass', add Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll.

> for 'UnityEngine, add UnityEngine.dll

Set the target to 'Release' instead of 'Debug' in the top left dropdown and choose Build > Build All. If your prerequisites are in order, you should now have everything built without errors (there may be warnings).

You'll find a brand new KerbalMultiPlayer.dll and KMPServer.exe in the bin\Release folder of the corresponding project.

No doubt there's an easier way to do the above, but it works for me :).

No doubt there's an easier way to do the above, but it works for me :).

If you are simply building and not developing, it may be easier to just run "xbuild" or "xbuild /p:Configuration=Release" inside the git directory, these come installed with mono-complete (Of course after copying the 3 dll's you need).

Some notes on the next version:

- The spectate branch has been merged. This means docking should work much better too.

- My #312 fix. Caused tonnes of dropouts and should now make connections rock solid. Even people on ADSL1 shouldn't drop out :)

- Full IPv6 support. Not sure how helpful this will be, But if you have IPv6 and run into issues, As per usual PM me :).

I managed to test rendezvous today in the development version, we saw each other at exactly the same distances away and everything seemed to work fairly well.

It feels a little jittery on my connection (australia - add 200ms to all pings), but it should make things much improved (you will notice a loss of thrust however).

Anyone with working a working IPv6 connection (gogo6 tunnels are fine) are welcome to come test on the development server :)

After figuring out where the missing dlls were i ran into another problem.

I added the mod parts to the parts list, but and put it on my server, however its still restricting.

I placed a copy of the file in the root folder and in the normal location GameData/...

http://pastebin.com/FLWaLzZB

This is my partslist, i added the names from the Config(PART) out of the ksp log file.

Please be a bit more descriptive in the readme, i'm not really sure what to do.

Edited by TampaPowers

I managed to test rendezvous today in the development version, we saw each other at exactly the same distances away and everything seemed to work fairly well.

It feels a little jittery on my connection (australia - add 200ms to all pings), but it should make things much improved (you will notice a loss of thrust however).

Indeed, an incredible improvement! :)

I am testing the current development version (about 2 hours old) and we encountered a problem with the synchronisation:

I docked with a station that a friend had launched, we were both occupying those respective ships at the time. After the dock, everything was normal for me. My friend saw only his station, with debris flying around. He disconnected and reconnected. He then saw two stations about 100 meters apart, each with the docked ship attached - they had been duplicated! I also disconnected, reconnected and saw the same thing.

Note:

- the docking vessel was marked 'private', the station was not

- on top of the duplicated station+docked ship, there was another version of the docking vessel (as seen before it was docked) floating about 8 kilometers further away

- visiting one of the stations was extremely laggy for me (less than 1 fps), but was not laggy at all for my friend. I was hosting the server.

Docked:

Aixv4gw.png

After disconnect and reconnect:

NmYBkBL.png

How do I interact with my buddy on the server? I can only see his spaceships when I have joined but as soon as one of us warps it's like I'm playing single player. The sync button is constantly grey and I can't see his name or whereabouts on the main ksp window.

Testing.... cannot see my post for some reason

How do I interact with my buddy on the server? I can only see his spaceships when I have joined but as soon as one of us warps it's like I'm playing single player. The sync button is constantly grey and I can't see his name or whereabouts on the main ksp window.

I don't know if any body had encountered this situation. I built a space station in orbit. Then I set it private. And I just wanted to make sure it stays private, so I logged on with another ID. The next ID could not enter that vessel. But when I joyfully returned with my previous ID, I found my vessel was gone. What the heck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.