[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Lower the altitude :)

altitude as far as I can tell only affects the volumetric clouds. It was actually this way before I raised the altitude from 4000 to 10000.

To all RSS users. I'd like to know which RSS type you use most so I can invest my time in this config most wisely. Is it the default download (real earth but kerbal system planets i.e. duna, green jool etc) or the version with real earth and real planets e.g. mars, venus, neptune. Which would you like to see an overhaul of more?

I am bearing in mind that the later requires planet factory which has its own memory budget. I still haven't been able to get it to run properly with my game.

Edited by pingopete

To all RSS users. I'd like to know which RSS type you use most so I can invest my time in this config most wisely. Is it the default download (real earth but kerbal system planets i.e. duna, green jool etc) or the version with real earth and real planets e.g. mars, venus, neptune. Which would you like to see an overhaul of more?

I am bearing in mind that the later requires planet factory which has its own memory budget. I still haven't been able to get it to run properly with my game.

Regular RSS without planet factory.

I'm using RSS along with the 6.4 scale Kerbin config, and I'm getting this weird effect with the clouds.

http://i.imgur.com/8en5Ifo.png

any way to fix?

This kind of stuff will get fixed in upcoming versions.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry guys, very busy IRL. The deadline I set for myself got pushed out, but I think I should have some time this weekend to get stuff done.

pingopete: even "regular" RSS will be converting the other planets to their real counterparts, so if you're going to edit, say, Duna's clouds, might as well make them Martian. Just waiting on SpacedInvader tweaking the textures a bit more.

This kind of stuff will get fixed in upcoming versions.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry guys, very busy IRL. The deadline I set for myself got pushed out, but I think I should have some time this weekend to get stuff done.

is there a way I can do a quick fix myself? would resizing kerbin1.png work by any chance?

also, can anybody tell me what "offset" in the config means?

I don't suppose you'd know how I could change the z-order or loading order of eve layers in the overhaul? I'm thinking about the problem with blue clouds shown in the last imgur album I posted

I don't suppose you'd know how I could change the z-order or loading order of eve layers in the overhaul? I'm thinking about the problem with blue clouds shown in the last imgur album I posted

Are you talking to me? I wouldn't know, honestly.

nah just an open question, I kinda got around it by giving the lower clouds the negative colour value of the atmosphere to counteract its effect on them, although they are now less bright than they'd have been otherwise

I updated Astronomer V3 pack to work with a 10x scaled kerbol system for RSS and using EVE 7.3. The only two things I couldn't figure out how to fix was Vall and Bop. Both are broken with EVE 7.3 and RSS. All the reset works. You can grab cloudLayers-Astronomer'sVisualPack.cfg at here. I haven't updated Better Atmospheres yet since I'm waiting on the release of V5.

Is there a fix for this? Or am I asking the impossible?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/82118-KSP-64bits-on-Windows-%28this-time-it-s-not-a-request%29

Nothing to see here it works at 6.5Gb :P (with the Renaissance pack + allot of other mods and without ATM)

Yup, i'm running a mix of Renaissance and Astronomer's packs this way without texture reduction, And it's glorious.

Edited by FenrirWolf

I have this mod, and I have only one question. Why do the clouds get extremely blurry and pixelated once I get high enough? I am using real solar system with the planet factory config, by the way.

EDIT: I fixed it, don't worry :)

Edited by ThePinda

I've done some more work on the RSS visual enhancements package, including new hi-res detail textures:

Central America/the Caribbean is looking very nice, has something been done to the water even?. I like how the clouds are coming together also, really awsome. A thought: I hope you don't make the whole planet too inviting/tropical paradise looking :)

Central America/the Caribbean is looking very nice, has something been done to the water even?. I like how the clouds are coming together also, really awsome. A thought: I hope you don't make the whole planet too inviting/tropical paradise looking :)

Ha I know it was turned up a little to much, I will make the oceans less vibrant green and more realistic deep blue before release dw

Thanks guys!

Rbray: I was wandering if there's meant to be an option for non-scaled space(ground level) cloud detail textures? The option is there but I can't see anything :(

Also does EVE have its own mechanism for switching from pqs to scaled space? It seems to be doing strange things out of sink with my RSS's switching altitudes :/

Ok having an issue with this. For some reason I can not set the altitude of the clouds, they are sitting currently at 3km off the surface of the ground. Which is fine for low cloud days, but I am running Realism Overhaul.