[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Does anyone have 9-2 working with the edge of oblivion pack by astronomer? I'm currently using 7-3 with E.O.O however on 0.24 it keeps throwing out:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Using the 64 bit 0.24 release.

Tried using the x64 release of eve but just got the light blue marble atmosphere, wierd darkened grass textures, no clouds there was another chap earlier in the thread who had a screenie of the same issue but I cannae find it :(

Just wondering if things are prettier with 9-2 vs 7-3 and astros pack or if I should just wait to see a complete pack update?

Texture Replacer permanently breaks this mod.

Even if I remove and re-install EVE, it won't work if the game has previously run with Texture Replacer installed - even if it is not installed alongside.

This has been a reoccurring problem for me and only now have I found the cause.

After installing .24 the first mod I tried was this. It worked. Installed some other mods, still working. Installed Texture Replacer, broke. Removed Texture Replacer and re-installed EVE, STILL BROKE.

Someone help me out here?

I'm using the new release (x64) and sometimes it looks amazing and sometimes not. Between 100 and 200km it looks for me like that:

eeYBy3u.png

(it's on the night side :D)

And the blue layer looks mostly like thick blue fog even on the day side:

6dw8szZ.png

On the KSC, there is dark grass and a weird shadow which is moving if I move the cam.

(no screen, sorry)

And on mapview the cloud layer is moving with cam rotation.

If you need some data from me, let me know :)

Edited by acc

You need to change the TR config to not make EVE's textures unreadable.

How do I do this?

And shouldn't removing Texture Replacer solve the problem in that case? Or does Texture replacer change something outside the GameData folder, permanently?

From Ralathon:

No, that's a bug in texture replacer. Go to the file @default.cfg and find the line:

// Prevent unloading for textures whose paths are matching the following  // regular expressions. Some mods access and modify textures so they shouldn't
// be unloaded.
// The list must be space- and/or comma-separated and in one line.
keepLoaded = /FX/ MFD ^BoulderCo/Clouds/ ^Romfarer/textures/ ^WarpPlugin/

and change it to:

// Prevent unloading for textures whose paths are matching the following
// regular expressions. Some mods access and modify textures so they shouldn't
// be unloaded.
// The list must be space- and/or comma-separated and in one line.
keepLoaded = /FX/ MFD [B]^BoulderCo/Atmosphere/[/B] ^Romfarer/textures/ ^WarpPlugin/

that'll fix it.

EVE is crashing my game with or without Texture Replacer installed. I'm on 0.24.1

Can you be any less specific? You still mentioned the mods used and the version number. We will never master our magical telepathy if you keep giving us clues.

I've been chasing down null reference exceptions in my log, and I've found a group of them coming from EVE. Right after switching from MAINMENU to SPACECENTER, I see at least six NREs coming from Clouds.Clouds.Update (multiple calls to Update - not 6 NREs in one call). It looks like FlightGlobals.currentMainBody is null after that transition. Adding

if(FlightGlobals.currentMainBody != null)

to wrap around the foreach in the space center update block eliminates the NREs.

I've been chasing down null reference exceptions in my log, and I've found a group of them coming from EVE. Right after switching from MAINMENU to SPACECENTER, I see at least six NREs coming from Clouds.Clouds.Update (multiple calls to Update - not 6 NREs in one call). It looks like FlightGlobals.currentMainBody is null after that transition. Adding

if(FlightGlobals.currentMainBody != null)

to wrap around the foreach in the space center update block eliminates the NREs.

Yeah, that is gone in the overhaul branch.

Hmm. EVE Overhaul 9.2 seems to be causing the grass and water to not show up properly. In daytime the water is just a blue field with no visible surface, and at nighttime it is completely black. The grass is also not showing up properly.

I'm also using ActiveTextureManagement, not sure if it's a problem with them not cooperating. Has anybody else seen this happen?

We need to give Kerbol solar flares, sunspots, and an atmosphere. Anyone up to the challenge?

If we're gonna give Kerbol solar flares, sunspots, and the like... we might as well give Eve and Jool lightning storms that can be seen from space (Jool's being much bigger).

Well, not sure if this is possible, but can you add storms with rain and lightning and thunder into KSP? Maybe more extreme for Eve and Jool, and possibly dust tornadoes on Duna? I mean, if procedural cloudcover is possible, then shouldn't weather also be? :confused:

Well, not sure if this is possible, but can you add storms with rain and lightning and thunder into KSP? Maybe more extreme for Eve and Jool, and possibly dust tornadoes on Duna? I mean, if procedural cloudcover is possible, then shouldn't weather also be? :confused:

I am pretty sure that WILL finally melt your PC if the addition of 100 mods wouldn't otherwise ! :)

I am pretty sure that WILL finally melt your PC if the addition of 100 mods wouldn't otherwise ! :)

Would people *please* stop saying this? Just because KSP uses a bad choice for a physics engine doesn't mean adding shader FX will slow you down.

See also "n-body will melt your PC" -- no, try the various mods that add it.