[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

26 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Not sure what that one does, haven't messed with that one myself.

okay.. do i have to change or specify the type for the maintex?? i cannot make it to work :confused: 

I had enough of EVE.. it is make my scratch my head... i will leave @V8jester to test and fix the issues.

Edited by Joshwoo69

1 hour ago, Joshwoo69 said:

i still cannot get the thing to work :confused: rbray or Nhawks can i let you guys have the textures and config and help fix it? thanks :)

https://copy.com/jUQFZdwEnBEQ4iUp

@V8jester you might also fix the textures...

I will try and have a look at it.... But I'm kinda just coasting right now as I don't want to steal Astronomer's thunder.

Edited by V8jester

I got an issue that only half of the clouds are showing on the planet, the same happens for kerbin but for eve it is much more visible.

http://s28.postimg.org/uelkvx6wd/issue123.jpg

any suggestions?

EDIT:

It seems that texture replacer caused this issue, thanks anyways.

Edited by onlinegamesz

2 hours ago, onlinegamesz said:

I got an issue that only half of the clouds are showing on the planet, the same happens for kerbin but for eve it is much more visible.

http://s28.postimg.org/uelkvx6wd/issue123.jpg

any suggestions?

EDIT:

It seems that texture replacer caused this issue, thanks anyways.

May I ask specifically how you removed it? Did you uninstall texture replacer completely? 

I have the same issue and it's getting a bit frustrating!

It seems it is not fixed sadly enough, I deleted texture replacer and i restarted the game and the clouds were all fine, later I started the game again (without texture replacer) and I got the same issue with the clouds again so it seems texture replacer is not the problem causer, I concluded it too early.

Can the developer please take a look at this problem?

Thanks

1 hour ago, onlinegamesz said:

It seems it is not fixed sadly enough, I deleted texture replacer and i restarted the game and the clouds were all fine, later I started the game again (without texture replacer) and I got the same issue with the clouds again so it seems texture replacer is not the problem causer, I concluded it too early.

Can the developer please take a look at this problem?

Thanks

Are you using the version that is on Github at the bottom of this page? Image of what you're looking for below.

Spoiler

i2iKwqs.png

16 minutes ago, onlinegamesz said:

I downloaded only x86-Configs-Release.zip and x86-EVE-Release.zip.

At the time I downloaded I didn't even saw that version at the bottom on the picture.

Well the EVE-Release includes the version at the bottom so you had the right version. Just making sure you had the latest dev version :P 

A log file requested by the developer: http://www./view/cbwadud8qia2avg/output_log.txt

I didn't know how to find it cause I only thought they got created after a crash.

Description: I got an issue that only half of the clouds are showing on the planet, the same happens for kerbin but for eve it is much more visible.

Picture: http://s28.postimg.org/uelkvx6wd/issue123.jpg

Edited by onlinegamesz

I had another good idea... Figured out how to save about 400MB at startup on stock by dynamically loading/unloading textures. Expect to see this released soon. Maybe as a Christmas gift. Basically, it loads and destroys textures as they are needed without any platform dependency. 
Savings with stock at main menu:

dx9: 400MB

dx11:500MB

ogl: 700MB

Its available in EVE if anyone wants to try it out.

Edited by rbray89

49 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

I had another good idea... Figured out how to save about 400MB at startup on stock by dynamically loading/unloading textures. Expect to see this released soon. Maybe as a Christmas gift. Basically, it loads and destroys textures as they are needed without any platform dependency. 

i would give it a try for u but what do u mean its available in EVE? that lost me

2 hours ago, rbray89 said:

As in the previous version, my configs are not working at all.
Has changed something that I've not noted in the config system?

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

I didn't miss Jool getting fixed did I?

Not yet... Unless the ordering changes fixed it. Still trying to figure out what is going on.

1 hour ago, sidfu said:

i would give it a try for u but what do u mean its available in EVE? that lost me

The build here: https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/raw/master/x86-EVE.zip

The memory saved more than covers any possible EVE textures :)

1 minute ago, rbray89 said:

Not yet... Unless the ordering changes fixed it. Still trying to figure out what is going on.

Ahh ok, I can't test the recent versions as my computer decided to throw a temper tantrum but I'll have it fixed soon enough to test it.

4 minutes ago, Proot said:

As in the previous version, my configs are not working at all.
Has changed something that I've not noted in the config system?

Can you send me your configs so I can take a look? 

37 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Can you send me your configs so I can take a look? 

Done. BTW, a pair of xmas wishes, for when you can / if you can:

- Auroras lighting at night again.

- Vertical movement for particles.

Oh, and my city lights -as you can see- are not visible at orbital scales. Is intended?

58 minutes ago, Proot said:

Done. BTW, a pair of xmas wishes, for when you can / if you can:

- Auroras lighting at night again.

- Vertical movement for particles.

Oh, and my city lights -as you can see- are not visible at orbital scales. Is intended?

Great! Investigating now...

I'll see what I can do :)