[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

rbray89, a bump if I might: a near-term suggestion. Could you add an option for citylights to, rather than fade out when light, be replaced by a different detail texture? That would at least give us a city texture during the day, even if no 3D buildings. It would be especially useful for RSS, where it's *super* freaky to fly over a recognizable NYC and see no city there.

I have something in the works for cities. We'll have to see how well it goes.

Has anyone had an issue where osx won't load the texture for kerbin?

I got the problem as well. Whenever I add the mod to my ksp installation (I use OX Mavericks) it starts to load the kerbin1.png and the freezes.

Hopefully this'll get fixed soon.

PS @ rbray89: I love your texture compression mod and am really looking forward to being able to use the visual enhancements.

I got the problem as well. Whenever I add the mod to my ksp installation (I use OX Mavericks) it starts to load the kerbin1.png and the freezes.

Hopefully this'll get fixed soon.

PS @ rbray89: I love your texture compression mod and am really looking forward to being able to use the visual enhancements.

If you're using Astronomer's HD Clouds Pack v2 (just a guess), that will take a long time to load (the first time), like 9-10 minutes for just that one texture.

After that it should be fine

It sure did to me when I first ran into it, everything else loaded fairly normally and then kerbin1 ... ... ... I was sure it had crashed, eventually I just left it loading in the background while watching the Squadcast and it finally made it though.

Maybe because the HD Kerbin1 texture is 8k x 4k, by far the biggest one on my insall at least. After that first load where it makes the cache files though, it loaded fairly normally.

Visual Enhancement’s clouds no longer look tiled or flat. All atmospheric bodies now look much more realistic and beautiful with new HD textures.

http://imgur.com/a/6Bi2t

I've redone the configuration of all the planets (Kerbin, Duna, Jool, Laythe, and most importantly Eve), replaced both detail and normal map textures with two HD ones I made, and turned Duna cloud texture into a beautiful 8k texture.

Link to the original post and download: http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/1v7bqs/mod_improved_visual_enhancements_clouds_upclose/

In the image from dunas surface I noticed that the sun looks different.how did you make the sun look like that?

Have you considered adding a switch to turn the clouds on and off. I find that it makes trying to land impossible some a lot of the time. You cannot pick a good landing spot because the clouds obscure everything. Yeah yeah I know it's "more challenging" but seriously real spacecraft would have some kind of terrain radar. This is like trying to land with a bag over your head and that is not challenging it's ******ed. lol

Have you considered adding a switch to turn the clouds on and off. I find that it makes trying to land impossible some a lot of the time. You cannot pick a good landing spot because the clouds obscure everything. Yeah yeah I know it's "more challenging" but seriously real spacecraft would have some kind of terrain radar. This is like trying to land with a bag over your head and that is not challenging it's ******ed. lol

ctrl+alt+n to open the GUI, set cloud alpha to 0, apply, ctrl+alt+n to close the GUI, no clouds.

set cloud alpha back to 1 when you want them back

I prefer 1.005 size and ~0.7 alpha on the clouds (vs 1.004/1 default) but YMMV

Yeah yeah I know it's "more challenging" but seriously real spacecraft would have some kind of terrain radar.

You want some kind of terrain radar? Use SCANsat, the big map shows you your current and projected (after node) orbit.

Made my first intentional Mun anomaly landing that way.

Visual Enhancement’s clouds no longer look tiled or flat. All atmospheric bodies now look much more realistic and beautiful with new HD textures.

http://imgur.com/a/6Bi2t

I've redone the configuration of all the planets (Kerbin, Duna, Jool, Laythe, and most importantly Eve), replaced both detail and normal map textures with two HD ones I made, and turned Duna cloud texture into a beautiful 8k texture.

Link to the original post and download: http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/1v7bqs/mod_improved_visual_enhancements_clouds_upclose/

Every time I try to install this it crashes my game. Any idea what might be causing the issue? Anyone else using this without problems?

Wow, I'm finally figuring this mod out! Yea!!!

OK, the only thing I need now, is a new Kerbin Cloud Texture. The current one is just too busy for me, so one with less overall cloud cover (I know I can change alpha, but I"d just prefer a new texture). Anyone know if an alternate cloud image is available somewhere?

Also when I ctrl-alt-N and adjust some of the settings, is there I way I can reset them all back to default? I see no default button nor load button (I could be blind!)

Edited by jpinard

Wow, I'm finally figuring this mod out! Yea!!!

OK, the only thing I need now, is a new Kerbin Cloud Texture. The current one is just too busy for me, so one with less overall cloud cover (I know I can change alpha, but I"d just prefer a new texture). Anyone know if an alternate cloud image is available somewhere?

Also when I ctrl-alt-N and adjust some of the settings, is there I way I can reset them all back to default? I see no default button nor load button (I could be blind!)

I think if you hit the advanced settings button, the load/reset-to defaults is one of the new buttons that comes up in the advanced part of the VE window

I'm stuck at work right now though so I don't have any way of checking that

Waiting for someone to come up with a fine hazy particle trail along the solar terminator of Moho. :)

You mean something like this? (but at planetary scale) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:52706main_hstorion_lg.jpg

Is not very hard... I will try. I was doing something similar with Eve, but in it case is a strong glow over the atmosphere...

Edited by Proot

You mean something like this? (but at planetary scale) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:52706main_hstorion_lg.jpg

Is not very hard... I will try. I was doing something similar with Eve, but in it case is a strong glow over the atmosphere...

Whoa cool. Can you post pics of what you've done already, and that one when you have something to show?

Pimp My Clouds (And city lights!) Texture Pack v0.5 - (23/01/14 UPDATE)

[B]DISCLAIMER:[/B]
I'm not responsible if you accidentally overwrite any of your previous personalized textures or settings!![B][I]

CAUTION:[/I][/B]
[B]This pack overwrites cityLights.cfg and cloudLayers.cfg to use new default settings. IT'S EXPERIMENTAL and still in progress, so all this should be used aware of it.[/B]
For the best and most secure installation, put this pack on a clean installation of "Visual Enhancements: Clouds & City Lights" mod. If you can't or you don't want to do it, please, do a backup of all your personalized textures
and configs (if you have it) before use this.

DOWNLOAD

https://mega.co.nz/#!skFEyaaa!EeS9FGAItEyWWyF68gkRqy9kWZYEhCrEmOzQuLdoHhE

HOW TO INSTALL:

1- To install this pack, merge the folder "BoulderCo" from the rar with your mod installed folder "BoulderCo" (Substituting the necessary files in the process).

2- Then, just delete (or rename completely different as backup) all remaining TGA textures in your "CityLights" and "Clouds" installed folders (yet inside "BoulderCo").

This pack uses his own files, all in PNG, so this last step is important: having duplicate texture names may cause undesirable results.

(Texture Replacer Mod + Pimp my Kerbals Texture Pack is recommended for best results of this pack)

[B][Changelog][/B]

Version 0.5

- Several changes in cloudLayers.cfg.
- Added clouds (and corresponding shadows) to Duna and Laythe.
- Eve improved and recolored.
- New improved clouds for Kerbin.
- first approaches to better under-clouds settings in Kerbin. Trying to avoid excessive traces and reach a good fake-visual "volume" for clouds from ground.
- New city lights and map for city lights. Visible from space now, but yet not too much if you don't zoom the camera to Kerbin. Trying to find the best settings in glow, size and distribution.
- Jool clouds improved and recolored. Please, use "Pimp My Kerbals Texture pack" (containing his first low-res texture) for the best results. If not, remind that layer not going to be there and Jool may seem strange or different to captures in KSP Forum.
- Please, use Texture replacer and "Pimp My Kerbals Texture pack" for the best results with this pack: contains revamps for Kerbin, Minimus, Mun, Duna and Jool -last one necessary for the best results with Jool-.
- This pack is optimized now and is near to half the stock mod size but, if you are concerned yet about performance issues, TextureCompressor mod (A.K.A. Active Texture Management) is highly recommended.
[URL]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-22-Release-1-Active-Memory-Reduction-Mod[/URL]

-------------------------------------------

Regards and gratefulness:

Thanks to rbray89 (author of the mod which shows this textures) by make this possible.

Did you change textures so much that Biomes will be off? I'm concerned with Duna as I don't see an icecap on the North Pole in your screenshots

freezing/crashing while loading the kerbin1 file on start up.

Get a cup of tea and do not touch your computer until it is done. Worked for me.

Although I did not launch the game again after that, got pulled into STO for that sexy Romulan ship Q has to offer this time. :D