Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

I having trouble changing the speed of light to something more realistic. The settings file saves what I changed it to now, but the change isn't implemented in the game. Any idea on how to fix this?

Are you saving the config file with the game off? More realistic you say? The exact speed of light isn't realistic?

Just wondering what it will take to get MechJeb working with RemoteTech.

Do we need to wait for the MechJeb developers to change something?

I know it's been said that MechJeb compatibility is a low priority, I really like the added challenge of RemoteTech, but I am not an expert and need the automation of somethings that MechJeb provides.

The main issue I'm having is when I use MechJeb to Launch, as soon as we enter the gravity roll the ship rolls but won't hold position and rolls back up, then back down and up.. until it's out of control.

Any chance of getting some of the automation in MechJeb, incorporated into the RemoteTech Flight Computer? ( IE, Transfers, circularize orbit, landing assist, info windows ) so MechJeb isn't needed with RemoteTech?

Thanks for the great discussion, I've really enjoyed following this thread and using the mods. KSP is such an addictive game, I find myself playing it for HOURS! and thinking about what I want to do next even when I'm not playing :)

Are you using "Force Roll", "Corrective Steering", or any of the throttle limiters in MechJeb? Have you tested with them off? I'm not far enough along in my career game to have the Ascent Autopilot yet, but I've not been running into any problems with uncontrollable roll inputs from MechJeb using any of the SmartASS or Maneuver Node components.

So, quick question: It seems there isn't a dish that can cover the potentially vast distances between planets. Are there such dishes that can allow for sending probes without first sending command ships, or must I send a command ship to every planet I want to link to cover. IOW, can I link a probe directly to Kerbin/one of its relay satellites?

Just FYI, MechJeb will *never* have signal delay or "steering while disconnected"-like systems without major modifications to the MechJeb source. Something I (and probably r4m0n) are not going to bother with.

RemoteTech and especially signal delay is intended to make the game harder. If you want to automate stuff, you will have to do it the hard way using kOS, or be happy with the SmartASS-like Flight Computer I built.

So, quick question: It seems there isn't a dish that can cover the potentially vast distances between planets. Are there such dishes that can allow for sending probes without first sending command ships, or must I send a command ship to every planet I want to link to cover. IOW, can I link a probe directly to Kerbin/one of its relay satellites?

There's plenty. There's even two at the end of the tech tree that cover the entire kerbol system.

Edited by Cilph

I think I read "target active vessel" wrong - the dish will always target the vessel I am flying, so there will be no need to launch a dish for every ongoing mission/flying probe in the Kerbol system?

In the settings does ConsumptionMultiplier let us fast and easy set the electricity consumption?

Same as RangeMultiplier?

What is MissionControlBody, MapFilter, ThrottleTimeWarp?

I think I read "target active vessel" wrong - the dish will always target the vessel I am flying, so there will be no need to launch a dish for every ongoing mission/flying probe in the Kerbol system?

In the settings does ConsumptionMultiplier let us fast and easy set the electricity consumption?

Same as RangeMultiplier?

What is MissionControlBody, MapFilter, ThrottleTimeWarp?

1. Planet Mission Control is on. 1 is Kerbin.

2. MapFilter is the filter in the mapview lower right corner.

3. ThrottleTimeWarp throttles time warp if commands in the flight computer queue are approaching.

4. ConsumptionMultiplier multiplies all antenna power consumption.

5. RangeMultiplier multiplies all antenna ranges.

...RemoteTech and especially signal delay is intended to make the game harder. If you want to automate stuff, you will have to do it the hard way using kOS, or be happy with the SmartASS-like Flight Computer I built.

Hazzah! Good to hea....err read. I didn't think of it like that before but MJ is intended to make thing easier, where as RT/RT2 is intended to add an extra layer, so to speak, of complexity.

Are you using "Force Roll", "Corrective Steering", or any of the throttle limiters in MechJeb? Have you tested with them off? I'm not far enough along in my career game to have the Ascent Autopilot yet, but I've not been running into any problems with uncontrollable roll inputs from MechJeb using any of the SmartASS or Maneuver Node components.

I am using Corrective Steering, but not Force Roll. and I have Delay set to False on RemoteTech.

I have tried it with RemoteTech removed and all works smoothly.

So figured it was a conflict.

I have an issue here... I had a working network (4 keostationary sats, 4 small sputniks around mun). Build with v1.1 or something like that... Few weeks ago.

Now I updated to v1.2.6. I had to use an old quicksave (also few weeks ago), because I messed up the first installation (the parts where missing, all satellites/ground vehicles disappeared). And while the map-view showed the connections in the first place, every vehicle I go to (including the 4 keostationary satellites) looses it's connections, all RT2-Parts are "locked", N/A in the topright, but I can still rename stuff.

What's going on? I mean, I wanted to renew my Kerbin-network anyway (with the idea from page 47), but... The sputniks around mun also don't work, and I don't want to have to renew them, too :(

Hi guys. I made a small video tutorial on how to get started with RemoteTech. I'm planning a part 2 with more advanced stuff. Any input on what topics I should cover?

Thanks for any feedback, and I hope people don't find me posting this here annoying.. :)

I am using Corrective Steering, but not Force Roll. and I have Delay set to False on RemoteTech.

I have tried it with RemoteTech removed and all works smoothly.

So figured it was a conflict.

I turned off "Corrective Steering" and it's helped out a lot! Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi there everyone,

First, thanks so much for this great mod. I've been enjoying it a lot.

However, I'm having some issues and I'm not sure whether I'm doing something wrong, or if it's just a bug. The situation is this: I've got a ship + lander orbiting duna. The lander uses the hitchhiker pod for "Kerbal storage", which means it needs to be remote controlled. So far, this has worked nicely. Now I also have a satellite in a higher orbit around Duna. This satellite is supposed to relay the signal from KSC to the ship, which in turn relays the signal to the lander. The satellite has a connection, but it seems that it doesn't get to the lander - no matter what I do, I can' get control over the damn thing.

Both the ship and the lander have several probe cores, as well as multiple dishes and omnidirectional antennas. Could this cause some parts to interfere with each other? Is there a way to "properly" channel the signal?

I've been using v1.10 of RT2, but after encountering this problem I've updated to 1.2.6, which hasn't changed anything.

I'm a bit confused here. You mean that i have to change the delay value somewhere, but up to now that noly place i found was the cfg file in the remotetech directory. And to apply these means a restart of KSP... Am i missing something here (Morethan the 4 minutes it takes me to relaod the game) ?

Am i missing something here (Morethan the 4 minutes it takes me to relaod the game) ?

WOW, 4 minutes just to start KSP?? How many mods/plugins/extra parts do you have installed?

Or is your computer just old and slow?

I have 4-5 Mods installed, with several extra parts, and on my MacMini ( 2.3G i7 with 16Gb ram ) I can load KSP in less than a minute.

WOW, 4 minutes just to start KSP?? How many mods/plugins/extra parts do you have installed?

Or is your computer just old and slow?

I have 4-5 Mods installed, with several extra parts, and on my MacMini ( 2.3G i7 with 16Gb ram ) I can load KSP in less than a minute.

Old and slow, before SSD were getting common... And my install only runs 2GB. Thank goodness for reduced texture packs.

I can vouch for 4 minute load times. My old laptop had that. SSD isn't helping much but my new Haswell certainly is!

Anyhow, I just managed to make kOS hook into RemoteTech without a seperate DLL file. I need to fix up some bugs and I'll send it out to my testing crew~.