Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

It was a pretty minor one too. Seems like the antenna configuration window throws an exception during vessel switching because RemoteTech's core got renewed and deleted as well. The window was trying to properly unregister itself with the core, but since it no longer existed...

I wish Scott had been nice and sent me a bug report though. It would've been easier to fix that way. No communication whatsoever even though I sent him messages :/.

Edited by Cilph

Well, I found the bug that glitched out Scott Manley's game in one of his interstellar videos, so I decided to put up 1.2.0.

Have fun and don't kill me if anything goes wrong.

593ENm7.gif

Release 1.2.0:

• Fixed (probably) the bug that humiliated me in one of Scott Manley's videos;
  • Flight Computer and kOS integration! (details below); Requires patched dll for now!
  • Fixed Delta-V burns; Cilph can't do basic vector math late at night;
  • "N/A" on TimeQuadrant when no SPU is available; "Connected" when signal delay is disabled;
  • Allow docking node targeting when the other vessel is disconnected;
  • Halved antenna power consumption;
  • Signal Delay is now on by default;
  • Quick hack to not cache lines/cones that are disabled to increase performance for some;
  • Possible fix for long range planet targeting being twitchy;
  • Two new dish parts by Kommit! The KR-7 and KR-14 replace the SS-5 and LL-5 respectively. The old parts will be deprecated but still included so as not to break existing crafts;
  • Settings File is now properly created on load.

kOS integration:

• All immediate mode actions now require signal delay to pass;
  • Steering locks now work when the vessel is disconnected;
  • Action groups no longer trigger when kOS has them blocked;
  • "BATCH" and "DEPLOY" commands to send a list of commands as one packet;
  • Requires patched kOS DLL until I merge the changes. Download here.

Flight Computer:

• Works pretty much like MechJeb's SmartASS;
  • Use "Enter" to confirm changes in most text fields;
  • Duration format: "12h34m45s" or "12345" for plain seconds;
  • Delta-V burn format: "1234m/s";
  • Cancel commands by clicking on the X in the queue, sends signal ASAP, but delay still applies.
  • Use the queue to view any delayed command; even right-click menu events.

Nah...we won't kill you.....maybe just a little gitmo action, something to do with water and boards, or car batteries and clamps..or something along those lines....haha j/k. :) Nice work!

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

Nice! :)

Edited by Sma

hey in the old remote tech was a plane with a dish on top can you readd this?

thx

Stylistically, the Micro- and AeroProbe would need somewhat of an overhaul. At least new textures would be needed to make them conform to the stock look of RT2. I've been planning on giving the AeroProbe a much needed rework in the modeling and plugin department; integrating all the landing wheels within the main body. I've been insanely busy with work lately though, so development is considerably delayed. After the tweaks to the AeroProbe is done, I'd need a good texture artist to do the rest (of course based on the existing Unity project and UV maps).

Ahem..........

Great work Cilph, thanks! With flight computer working, I think I'll start a RemoeTech save this weekend...

I'm not familiar with kOS - is it required, or just optional?

Do you have any plans to integrate the flight computer with the maneuver node system, and include a "program this maneuver" button?

Many THX Cilph for giving RT new life! One of the best Mods around!

The new version (1.2) seems to be incompatible with SCANsat. Since updating from 1.1. to 1.2. the GUI-button of SCANsat in the flight window (normal 3d-view & map-view) is missing. Version 1.1. had no problems at all with SCANsat. Since this Mod is as essential imho as RT this is really hurting. My Career-game with almost the full tree unlocked is "on halt" now :(

This issue is also present in a different install with a fresh game in sandbox.

regards

Laminator

edit: grayed out previous bull****

Edited by Laminator

Many THX Cilph for giving RT new life! One of the best Mods around!

The new version (1.2) seems to be incompatible with SCANsat. Since updating from 1.1. to 1.2. the GUI-button of SCANsat in the flight window (normal 3d-view & map-view) is missing. Version 1.1. had no problems at all with SCANsat. Since this Mod is as essential imho as RT this is really hurting. My Career-game with almost the full tree unlocked is "on halt" now :(

This issue is also present in a different install with a fresh game in sandbox.

regards

Laminator

I see no reason for it to be incompatible, so take it up with the SCANsat author.

Try an experiment first I'd say.

Pull Remote Tech and see if Scansat comes back. Then put Remote Tech back in, see if Scansat STAYS, then pull and replace scansat.

Some times programming just acts funny.

Last night we were doing a microcontroller lab with the PIC18F8680 and the compiler was telling me there was a syntax error with the last line of the utility script of an LCD display we'd just written. Thing is, after going over the entire file with a fine tooth comb, there was nothing wrong anywhere. Even case sensitive stuff was correct.

Thing is, the last line was the C compiler closing bracket for the function 'send2LCD'. In a bit of 'grrr' I deleted and re-typed the brackets. And then it had no problem building. Programs can be finicky like that. So do some experimentation.

I did some more tests. In all safegames with flights in progress SCANsat stops to work after upgrading to 1.2.

BUT: with an absolutely(!) fresh safegame with no previous flights in it both mods work together without any problem! In the previous post I said I allready checked this, but I made a mistake and did not pay attention that this testsave had allready one flight in progress (manned, not RT-related).

No clue what creates this issue, maybe something in the persistence-files?

tl/dr: forget about my complaints, sorry.

I'm a first time RemoteTech user, and I am a bit confused with a problem I have.

So far I've gone a bit ham with satellites. Sats at 300km (x5), 1200km (x4), kerbostationary orbit (x3) and 6000km (x2). Lots of coverage. The KSO and 6000km satellites have the Mun-range dish, but when I attempt to go to the Mun, about halfway to the body, I lose all communications, even though all satellites and the Mun-bound probe have power, and are well within the dish range.

Whats going on? Do I need to target the probe to one of the comm sats/vice versa?

Argh, the kOS integration seems to be fiddly with other mods. If you have issues like Kethane maps disappearing, delete the kOSExtension dll even if you do not have kOS. Scrapping kOS support till this is fixed.

Edited by Cilph

My only issue with 1.2 so far is that probes dont respond properly. Launched the first of many sats for a new save and the first issue I ran into is that i got my craft out of atmo and wanted to cut thrust for a few seconds by hitting x... Well holding x for several seconds was required to actually get the craft to throttle all the way down.

The kOS integration also seems to have broken one of my previously-working kOS scripts. I'm not sure if there's some steps I need to take for remotetech compliance, but kOS' error reporting is less than useless (A syntax error on line 0, aka anywhere? alrighty then).

Also if anybody is wondering how to use the BATCH and DEPLOY commands, neither of them take any arguments or anything like that. It's just Batch. stuff. other stuff. Deploy.

Release 1.2.1:

• Removed kOS integration;

Many thanks to the lovely folks on 4chan who'd rather bitch and whine than file helpful bug reports.

The extension DLL was causing Kethane and possibly other mods not to work and for some reason wouldn't even properly load half the time for arcane reasons involving dll load order, versions and time of day.

As for the syntax error thing in kOS. Beats me. I edited steering bindings, added two commands, and edited ImmediateMode a bit. If you could pass me your script I can use it for debugging.

Here's a screenshot to fix your / my mood.

LD5Ka7L.png

Edited by Cilph

I hate you so much for the delay but love you at the same time. It's hell, one major issue I have is that it spams commands when I create a node which spam NullException and completely screw up the game, dropping to under 1FPS.

Could you let me choose a set dV as a command instead of burn time?

I hate you so much for the delay but love you at the same time. It's hell, one major issue I have is that it spams commands when I create a node which spam NullException and completely screw up the game, dropping to under 1FPS.

Could you let me choose a set dV as a command instead of burn time?

If you append "m/s" it does a Delta-V burn. Read the changelog. I'll look into your issue, but log files or persistence file to reproduce will help greatly.

@Cilph, don't feel beat up. In my experience, 4chan is NOT a place to get constructive feedback.

You keep trying to take RT above and beyond. That takes a little getting dirty and it is very much appreciated!

3vvbRqk.png

My first rover on the Mun was RT integrated.

@Cilph, don't feel beat up. In my experience, 4chan is NOT a place to get constructive feedback.

You keep trying to take RT above and beyond. That takes a little getting dirty and it is very much appreciated!

My first rover on the Mun was RT integrated.

I'm not on 4chan. I don't even know how to post on 4chan as I'm just a plebian redditor. The posts were just pointed out to me.

Edited by Cilph

Release 1.2.1:

• Removed kOS integration;

Many thanks to the lovely folks on 4chan who'd rather bitch and whine than file helpful bug reports.

The extension DLL was causing Kethane

Welcome to the interwebs, put on your seatbelt and tinfoil hat.

On a good note: the blinking issues I had been talking about earlier seem to have been resolved with this latest release. Good work!

Please don't get too discouraged. Our passion for this game and this mod drives us a little bonkers sometimes, but nearly everyone has good intentions at heart. So don't take bug reports and gripes as attacks, most really arn't meant to be.

As for Manley, he's a big time celeb now (lol), why would he talk to you?

Try not to sweat it, you're doing a good job at resurrection of RemoteTech. You should be proud.

Now where's my aero probe ? LOL j/k

Best regards.

I'm not on 4chan. I don't even know how to post on 4chan as I'm just a plebian redditor. The posts were just pointed out to me.

At least you'll get actual criticism on 4chan. Reddit and these forums are a marshmallow pit as most just scream entitled or rude at the sight of any dislike for a feature, or even a bug sometimes.