[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

Let me start off by saying - This mod is outright unbelievably awesome in every way and beyond! cheers! :D

now for the infamous "but..."

but, seems I've found a bit of a bug :P - Turns out if you have any kerbals put in pods without internals on a craft that has a "main cockpit" using this awesome stuff - well, you get no more awesome then...

in other words:

a NullArgumentException is thrown upon every update when the panel props are installed on a ship that has kerbals aboard a second pod with no internal model - this wasn't a problem with .12 and does happen with or without hyomoto's mod-mod too

curiously enough, flying that same vehicle with the internally-challenged pods empty does not entail such problems, and all features work normally - it is definitely related to having kerbals aboard non-IVA crew carriers

for clarity's sake, here's a picture of the vehicle used to discover this peculiarity:

screenshot660.png

as you can see, three crew loading locations exist on that less-than-completely-safe vehicle - the two crew tanks behind the cockpit do not feature IVA internals, and hence, when loaded will cause the displays to fail more or less altogether...

symptoms include: not being able to click on any of the MFD buttons (no effect, not even the expected 'beep' normally heard by pressing them) and not getting anything other than the main menu from the screens

the alt+f2 console is also spammed by a steady stream of red messages, indicating a NullArgumentException-related issue taking place at every update (since that's what the messages all say)

so that's the bug -- or all I could find out about it :rolleyes:

anyhow, it does little to detract from the overall awesomeness delievered by the mod as a whole - you sir, (and hyamoto too) are now fully awesome.

cheers!

but, seems I've found a bit of a bug :P - Turns out if you have any kerbals put in pods without internals on a craft that has a "main cockpit" using this awesome stuff - well, you get no more awesome then...

Try the dev build and tell me if it's still broken. :)

Where do I download the ModuleManager config files for the stock command pods? When I download the canonical binary distribution, I do get the mod and I can see the panels in certain mod command pods, but not the ones in stock. I don't even get the ModuleManager config files.

Where do I download the ModuleManager config files for the stock command pods? When I download the canonical binary distribution, I do get the mod and I can see the panels in certain mod command pods, but not the ones in stock. I don't even get the ModuleManager config files.

That is exactly where they are, though -- in the canonical binary distribution. All the *.cfg files in GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example are it.

Can this mod work with these mods : MK3 Cockpit Internals and Mk2 Cockpit Internals :sticktongue:

Yes awesome guy therealcrow999 made configs for both a while ago. so give him your thanks :D The MK2 patch is on the second last page of it's thread so it shouldn't be hard to find but I'll qoute it anyway

Sam Hall has repackage his Mk2 Cockpit IVA to work with Module Manager 1.5, which was nice of him, and he also did some minor tweaks to the props. I decide to just go ahead and redo the patch code for RasterPropMonitor, just in case the old code of mine didn't work in Sam's new update.

If you need updated and repackage mod of Sam's IVA, just go to the original post of this page.

If you don't know what RasterPropMonitor - make your IVA a glass cockpit mod is, here is download link to grab it:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603

Here is code to get MFD's in the Mk2 Cockpit Internals, of course you need at Module Manager 1.5:

@PART[Mark2Cockpit]
{
MODULE
{
name = JSIInternalPersistence
}
}

@INTERNAL[SH_mk2CockpitInternal]
{
MODULE
{
name = InternalCameraTargetHelper
}

PROP
{
name = RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD
position = 0.1026138,0.789129,-0.1842925
rotation = 0,0,0,1
scale = 0.3281871,0.3281871,0.3281871
}

PROP
{
position = -0.1016684,0.789129,-0.1842925
rotation = 0,0,0,1
scale = 0.3281871,0.3281871,0.3281871
}
}

Also here is screen shot of MFD's in Mk2 Cockpit mod:

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/therealcrow999/screenshot3_zps8cda22bb.png

Thanks and enjoy!

The Mk3 was posted many many pages ago , shortly ago I psted it for someone else but this post is also 2o pages back now . So I won't let you search it yourself and just quote it

Here is the MK3 Cockpit mod, redone. I couldn't delete code with MM 1.5 that allows player to click the monitor and get external view, but there is no problem when MFD's are on top of the three monitors. I did notice if you click on top, beyond the MFD, on the edge of the MK3 cockpit model of the monitor, you will get the external view. So be careful or you can exploit that, to have a camera views.

I added another monitor to each of the top seats, I slightly scaled them down from the old on I did.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/therealcrow999/screenshot9_zpsf2f854c9.png

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/therealcrow999/screenshot8_zps97635c3c.png

///////=== TTMK3 Cockpit Mod ===///////

@PART[mark3Cockpit]
{
MODULE
{
name = JSIInternalPersistence
}
}

@INTERNAL[GenericSpace3TTUPGRADE]
{
MODULE
{
name = InternalCameraTargetHelper
}

PROP
{
position = 0.0002519488,-1.177192E-05,0.03249689
rotation = 0,0,0,1
scale = 0.8181539,0.6867037,0.7228604
}
PROP
{
position = -0.2960808,0.682427,0.07691021
rotation = -0.08715598,0,0,0.9961947
scale = 0.6111457,0.611146,0.6111453
}
PROP
{
position = -0.2536634,-1.2E-05,0.07219167
rotation = 0,0.1305262,0,0.9914449
scale = 0.8181536,0.6867037,0.72286
}
PROP
{
position = 0.2532766,-1.2E-05,0.07194075
rotation = 0,-0.1305262,0,0.9914449
scale = 0.8181536,0.6867037,0.72286
}
PROP
{
position = -0.4838606,0.682427,0.07691
scale = 0.611146,0.6111463,0.6111462
}
PROP
{
position = 0.2942997,0.682427,0.07691
}
PROP
{
position = 0.482941,0.682427,0.07691
}
}

Have fun :D

EDIT : Mihara maybe you should link the post of therealcrow'S Mk3 patch to the OP, so it is easier to find :wink:

Try the dev build and tell me if it's still broken. :)

Hah - Fixed!

Are you really that fast or had it been fixed even before I mentioned anything? :D - either way, awesome job!

cheers!

Introducing GlowHUD for RasterPropMonitor!

GlowHUD is a custom prop model designed to turn the standard MFD prop into a transparent fighter jet-style HUD screen. It currently references all of the default resource files used in the standard MFD, so it will take on most new changes. It does not change RPM at all. It simply adds an extra prop that may be placed in any cockpit of your choice.

nK1veq3.png

You will most likely need the newest development build from the bottom of this page:

https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki

Here's the first version: http://www./download/y7bdib3g3o1h6z9/GlowHUD_RPM_v1.zip

Edited by Nazari1382

Are you really that fast or had it been fixed even before I mentioned anything?

You identified quite clearly when the error occurs, from there on I knew where the error was without needing to look. :) 0.13 introduced crew medical data, that is, panic and whee levels, which are two low-level variables that go into kerbal expressions.

Well, in retrospect it should have been obvious they only exist when there's a kerbal portrait somewhere to render, but the code did not account for the fact that this only gets created when that kerbal is sitting in a part with an IVA in it.

Introducing GlowHUD for RasterPropMonitor!

GlowHUD is a custom prop model designed to turn the standard MFD prop into a transparent fighter jet-style HUD screen. It currently references all of the default resource files used in the standard MFD, so it will take on most new changes. It does not change RPM at all. It simply adds an extra prop that may be placed in any cockpit of your choice.

http://i.imgur.com/nK1veq3.png

You will most likely need the newest development build from the bottom of this page:

https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki

Here's the first version: http://www./download/y7bdib3g3o1h6z9/GlowHUD_RPM_v1.zip

Hey, this looks pretty cool, and I downloaded but I'm not entirely sure how to add this to certain cockpits. I was reading through the thread and couldn't find anything, so maybe it's just pretty simple. Thanks!

Hey, this looks pretty cool, and I downloaded but I'm not entirely sure how to add this to certain cockpits. I was reading through the thread and couldn't find anything, so maybe it's just pretty simple. Thanks!

Which cockpits would you like to place it in, apart from mk1? I'll upload a patch by itself that overwrites the rpm iva patches.

I might just be blind, but I can't find the download for the stock config module manager files. I've downloaded the canonical binary and added the JSI folder to GameData, but there's no modulemanager files in the folder. Where do I get them?

I might just be blind, but I can't find the download for the stock config module manager files. I've downloaded the canonical binary and added the JSI folder to GameData, but there's no modulemanager files in the folder. Where do I get them?

The MM files are in JSI/Example.

Which cockpits would you like to place it in, apart from mk1? I'll upload a patch by itself that overwrites the rpm iva patches.

Ok, I made a list, don't feel pressure to do all of these, just some I thought that it would be cool in.

(In order of coolest)

1. Squad MK2 Cockpit 2. Squad MK3 Cockpit 3. B9 S2 Reusable Pod 4. B9 M27 Overview Cockpit 5. B9 S3 Hypersonic Front Section 6. B9 Mk2 Cockpit 7.B9 Mk5 Cockpit 8. LLL MkVIII Catfish 9. LLL MkV Hog 10. LLL Mk Vb Boar.

umwRD6G.png

Thanks for the cool display, it is really awesome.

Would it be possible to add an action group editor to RPM? Or would this be something a third party would add? I looked over the plans and didn't see anything about it (closest was about science experiments exclusively). It wouldn't even have to be action groups, maybe just a basic way to interact with the parts on the ship.

As it is now, I either have to enable the onscreen GUI and use ActionGroupManager, or hope I set all the right parts in all the right action groups :)

Anyways, great job with this mod!

Ok, I made a list, don't feel pressure to do all of these, just some I thought that it would be cool in.

(In order of coolest)

Thanks for the cool display, it is really awesome.

Some of those don't have an actual IVA. I will try to get to the others, but here is a patch for the mk1. Overwrite the same cfg in JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example with this cfg:

http://www./view/bzupoclt37n5pa0/mk1cockpit-remade-internal.cfg

Would it be possible to add an action group editor to RPM? Or would this be something a third party would add? I looked over the plans and didn't see anything about it (closest was about science experiments exclusively). It wouldn't even have to be action groups, maybe just a basic way to interact with the parts on the ship.

As it is now, I either have to enable the onscreen GUI and use ActionGroupManager, or hope I set all the right parts in all the right action groups :)

My recommendation would be to use ActionGroupManager and try getting the action groups right the first time, because that's supposed to be, in theory, part of the ship design. :)

It is not at all theoretically impossible to make such an editor, but having to address parts of the ship in a non-graphical manner without even an option to highlight them would make the whole thing quite cumbersome to use. The division between graphical and textual content of the screen that is part of the design of RPM makes it difficult to combine both even if you can draw your ship on the screen, which RPM currently can't do. (Though someone came up with a way of doing that which I hope to eventually adopt.).

That said, RPM APIs are open, documented, and don't require introducing a hard dependency on RPM to use -- it's perfectly possible to introduce an RPM page handler into ActionGroupManager without impairing it's functionality or making it require RPM, as it is possible to do so with any other plugin which could be presented as an RPM page, which is the solution I would prefer. I seriously don't want to implement the entire functionality of every mod myself, RPM is already doing a bit too much of that. :)