[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

the mod includes updates for stock cockpits

Yeah I know, but it actually only includes a monitor template on stock cockpits. I'm wondering if anyone has tried to improve the cockpits, such as better buttons and stuff and maybe a reworked monitors.

I already have read through the documentation repeatedly. The specific reference that I have been engaged in is HERE

I did see this:

ButtonSpeedMode/ButtonSpeedModeState -- Toggles the speed mode between orbital, surface, and target. The button is 'on' at all times.

However this only cycles through the 3 options. I want to directly specify which one of these three to toggle instead of rotating through a queue.

Is there a method for doing this that I have missed, or is it not an option at the moment?

You'd wanna use this https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki/Prop-modules#jsiswitchablevariablelabel

and set it to cycle between differnet speed variables here https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki/Defined-variables#speeds

MODULE
{
name = JSISwitchableVariableLabel

labelTransform = textLabel
fontSize = 0.010
refreshRate = 12

switchTransform = toggleButton
coloredObject = toggleButton

VARIABLESET
{
labelText = <=0:SIP9.3=>m $&$ ALTITUDE
color = 0,0,255,255
}
VARIABLESET
{
labelText = <=0:SIP9.3=>m $&$ RADARALTOCEAN
color = 0,255,128,255
}
}

each variable you want to cycle through can be set with a VARIABLESET{}

this page will give you some guide on formatting how the variable is displayed.

https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki/Writing-page-definition-files

Edited by nli2work

@nil2work: Thank you so much! That will get me close to what I was looking for (along with SELECTEDSPEED -- Speed value that depends on which speed display mode [orbit, surface, target] is currently globally selected.).

Although I will still not be able to directly switch to specific modes, this will work nonetheless. I don't know how I missed this, thanks again..

you'd probably have to configure a full MFD to get direct switching; except it'd look like a small display panel. without that I think the closest you could get is buttons that turn off/on each speed mode... which nets you same # of clicks to get to a given mode I think. I'm back with configuring MFDs and IVAs full time at the moment, if I see something that I missed before will let you know.

Not sure if this has been done before, but it might help somebody. After searching for a good MK3 cockpit for RasterProp, I just gave up and edited the mk3Cockpit.cfg to use the interior from the mk1-2 pod. Simply replace the INTERNAL Part with:

INTERNAL

{

name = PodCockpit

}

And presto...

You can use this trick for all the new cockpits which don't have RasterProp yet (but use an interior from an older part with the same number of seats).

I have an idea for a small addition not in the current version that may or may not have been suggested already: a screen that could be under the info category listing the different action groups with a basic description set by the ship builder, this could potentially interface with the various parts already made which give a popup for this purpose.

I have an idea for a small addition not in the current version that may or may not have been suggested already: a screen that could be under the info category listing the different action groups with a basic description set by the ship builder, this could potentially interface with the various parts already made which give a popup for this purpose.

Seconded. "Hang on, was this the action group to close the intakes or open the solar panels?" is a routine cause of in-flight whoopsies for me.

I think they mean to ask if the monitors on the spaceplane plus parts that are now Stock will suddenly start working after installing this :P The answer to that I believe would be now *BUT* you can get them working by adding these extra configs: Link to KSP forum post! Download that file made I believe by nli2work, install it like any other mod and done :D You do need the RasterPropMonitor plugin.

Cheers!

Edited by MonaBabii

Any chance on MechJeb's suicide burn countdown being added as a variable?

Can't you already set this up though a variable handler? Not sure...

I was curious about something similar to a MNODEDV as a percentage {0:0%}. I want to create a {0:[bar-,0.0,1.0]} for maneuver nodes.

suicide burn is some kind of compound variable, it'd probably be easier for Mechjeb to expose that variable and RPM to display it, instead of RPM doing the calculations at the same time. whatever the case maybe, it probably won't be implemented any time soon.

MNODEDV should be displayable as BAR or 0%; just a matter of formatting.

Edited by nli2work

MNODEDV should be displayable as BAR or 0%; just a matter of formatting.

Ok, this type of formatting eludes me. I will admit that string.format isn't my strongest area, I have very rarely used it in my limited knowledge of C++ for parsing strings. Could I bother someone for an example?

EDIT: Nevermind, it was just too simple. It didn't even occur to me that you could just plug it in to BAR.

EDIT: Or so I thought, BAR stays at 100%... I thought I had something, as the bar at least displayed..

Edited by Yarbrough08

@nilwork: Yeah, that just return 100% constantly (actually 100% for each m/s, i.e. 6.05m/s = 605%), it never diminishes because there is no static scale... no limit. Need something like MNODEDVPER that returns the progress of the dV from start to finish as 0.0 to 1.0