[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

Ah, the GitHub! Many thanks.

--

edit: Can only find a developer manual there, but then found this:

CONT was another one I couldn't figure out.

Suggestion: User Manual! The Developer Manual is GOOD, but doesn't help me figure the standard interface much.

True true. but to be honest it's really up to IVA builders to provide the user manual. RPM can be configured in many different ways and it would be impossible to provide a manual.

Mihara, are you planning on actually making airplane specific gauges, i.e. the PFD, MFD, and EFIS?

PFD and MFD are already part of RPM; EFIS is just a umbrella term that encompasses PFD and MFD and many other flight instrumentations; which is what RPM provides.

I like what you can do with the new FAR interface :D

This is from a hacked Kerbal Space Industries MFD configuration. Lowered the MFD resolution for larger text and changed the takeoff assistant page to show me important info.

ibGJR7p.jpg

Flight Data

M [#ffffff]{0:#.##}[#f0f0f0] $&$ FARPM_MACHNUMBER
EAS [#ff0000]{0:SIP_5.2}m/s[#f0f0f0] $&$ EASPEED
VS {0:#.##}m/s $&$ VERTSPEED

ALT {0:SIP_5.2}m {1:SIP_5.2}m (R) $&$ ALTITUDE RADARALTOCEAN

Q {0:SIP_6.3}Pa $&$ FARPM_DYNAMIC_PRESSURE_Q
{0} $&$ FARPM_STATUS_MESSAGE

THR [{0:BAR| ,10}] ({1,5:P0}) $&$ THROTTLE EFFECTIVETHROTTLE

Here is a unrelated feature request: remove SI prefixes milli and micro. I find it confusing and i don't see a reason to go lower than the default SI unit. Or make it a string formatting option to include prefixes up/down to certain orders of magnitude.

Cheers!

What I mean by PFD and MFD is like real aircraft's ones. PFD showing the altitude, speed, and pitch, MFD showing the heading, and EFIS showing other parameters. Only available on aircraft.

That's up to the person building the IVA to define what information are displayed on the individual pages. RPM is very flexible.

- - - Updated - - -

How do make it work with Stock crafts i cant find a tutorial any where.

If you've installed it correct all stock pods should have new RPM enabled IVAs.

This doesn't work with the new SP+ parts in the stock game does it? Because I have the screens in all the other parts, but not the two new ones for the SP+

Do i need to do something special to make them work. Or do i have to wait for an update?

Edited by MKI

Hi I'm coming to inform you of something about the RPMEngineIgnitor:

I use these buttons for the operations in MFD so they are needed in the "globalButtons".

...,buttonR9,buttonR10,buttonR1,buttonR2,buttonR3,buttonR4,buttonR5

Or is there any other way to achieve that? I mean using more buttons in a certain MFD.

This doesn't work with the new SP+ parts in the stock game does it? Because I have the screens in all the other parts, but not the two new ones for the SP+

Do i need to do something special to make them work. Or do i have to wait for an update?

Ah right, the new SP+ cockpits don't have RPM patch; the stock monitors are static images.

^ Yeah, no RPM monitors on the new spaceplane cockpits.

I feel like this is kind of a stupid question, but seeing as I'm coming to RPM for the first time (coming back to the game in general since over a year ago...), what menus are people using? I've been using the Kerbal Space Industries MFD but it looks like it's no longer being maintained?

the KSI MFD should work in future versions of RPM without too much maintenance. Unless RPM changes up folder paths or internal workings drastically, in which case you'll have to do some config editing to get KSI MFD to work again. Maybe Mihara can fold KSI's MFD configurations into RPM at some point.

FMyBQH6.png

RPM 18.3 with KSOS 4.08 Pack1 in KSP 0.25. Happened after starting KSP and loading a savegame. Can't remember if I updated RPM from 18.2 or 18.3 between initial launch of the KSO and savegame load.

The console doesn't show anything suspicious and it seems to be limited to attitude indicators. The RPM ADI screen page doesn't show any attitude indication and the analog attitude indicator is gone.

Other vessels and capsules aren't affected (HGR Soy-Juice, default Mk1-2), so it seems to be KSOS-specific.

Is this a known bug?

ID10T error?

Any output logs I can send?

Should I rather bug the KSOS people about this?

- Edit:

Thought that this might have been related to ActiveTextureManagement and lacking a .cfg for KSOS, but it wasn't. Meh.

Edited by Ph34rb0t

RPM 18.3 with KSOS 4.08 Pack1 in KSP 0.25. Happened after starting KSP and loading a savegame. Can't remember if I updated RPM from 18.2 or 18.3 between initial launch of the KSO and savegame load.

The console doesn't show anything suspicious and it seems to be limited to attitude indicators. The RPM ADI screen page doesn't show any attitude indication and the analog attitude indicator is gone.

Other vessels and capsules aren't affected (HGR Soy-Juice, default Mk1-2), so it seems to be KSOS-specific.

Did you try to remove both mods and reinstall them?

(Also try rebooting it, and and unplugging it and plugging it back in. *j/k*)

Seriously, though, many mods get screwed up by a bad upgrade process, and the best way to fix it is to remove the mods and cleanly install them.

Hello, everyone i have done testing with 0.25 and yes i do have other mods installed before anyone asks, but i think i might have found a bug RPM aka JSI.

The bug basically destroys your craft after reloading from a saved game.

Example the craft is the stock Aris4A mine is 4B because i added a fuel line from the liquid fuel tank to jet engine, my reason for this is because i would often run out fuel for the jets but still have fuel in the rocket tanks. "i think you get the idea"

so i get into a nice stable orbit, i went to my hanger stuffed around with other plane, saved other plane then exit game. "save"

start game, open tracking center fly Aris4B, booooooooooom.

as stated this craft has nothing else.

extra info.

went into iva notice screens blank.

this is happened on other craft as well did not find the cause, until i tried this.

work around.

if i launch game and load save and go into VAB ect, then go to the Aris4B it works fine.

Other possible symptoms.

RCS on B9 Aerospace cockpits are on in VAB. "have notice this happen when i load a b9 cockpit that in orbit RCS constantly on screens a blank".

I will try to remove the NAV Utilites as its an old version 0.4.2 to see if this fixes the issue, if it does i will write here so other people may find the info useful the only other old 24.2 mod i have is firespitter.dll but i think everyone else has this version as well.

Thank you in advance.

Did you try to remove both mods and reinstall them?

(Also try rebooting it, and and unplugging it and plugging it back in. *j/k*)

Seriously, though, many mods get screwed up by a bad upgrade process, and the best way to fix it is to remove the mods and cleanly install them.

Uninstalled, reinstalled, disassembled computer, reassembled computer, still no navball/ADI page.