[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

Is there another solution? I've seen docking cameras with a marker on the docking port you've targeted etc.

Docking cam is JSISteerableCamera module. you can change the png for the center marker I believe; there's option to show/hide target marker and change it's color.

Edited by nli2work

So I'm trying to get the RPM plugin buttons to function, controlling Engines On/Off; and Stage-Lock/Unlock

MODULE 
{
name = JSIActionGroupSwitch
animationName = flipSwitchCap
switchTransform = COL_flipSwitch
actionName = plugin
switchSound = Squad/Sounds/sound_click_flick
}

PLUGINACTION
{
name = JSIInternalRPMButtons
actionMethod = ButtonStageLock
}

but in KSP, they revert to dummy action. if I have TransparentPod module on; I get message in the log telling me plugin action failed; reverting to dummy. If I don't have TransparentPod module; I get no message in the log; but button is still dummy after launch. Any ideas?

Regarding the previously discussed issue of the HUD monitor drawing the HUD to have the same color as the background on MacOS / OpenGL, I confirmed this is not caused by any-mod interaction. It occurs if RPM is the only mod (besides Module Manager, which is a dependency).

Regarding the previously discussed issue of the HUD monitor drawing the HUD to have the same color as the background on MacOS / OpenGL, I confirmed this is not caused by any-mod interaction. It occurs if RPM is the only mod (besides Module Manager, which is a dependency).

Try VexcomHUD and see if the textures works better... this one uses TGA textures instead of PNG.

Edited by luizopiloto

So I'm trying to get the RPM plugin buttons to function, controlling Engines On/Off; and Stage-Lock/Unlock

MODULE 
{
animationName = flipSwitchCap
switchTransform = COL_flipSwitch
actionName = plugin
switchSound = Squad/Sounds/sound_click_flick
}

PLUGINACTION
{
name = JSIInternalRPMButtons
actionMethod = ButtonStageLock
}

but in KSP, they revert to dummy action. if I have TransparentPod module on; I get message in the log telling me plugin action failed; reverting to dummy. If I don't have TransparentPod module; I get no message in the log; but button is still dummy after launch. Any ideas?

PLUGINACTION has to be inside the MODULE to associate the action to the module.

Try VexcomHUD and see if the textures works better... this one uses TGA textures instead of PNG.

I tried with TGAs. no luck, still black for the animated overlays. non-animated stuff like text renders fine. probably something to do with scrolling the animated texture offsets.

Edited by nli2work

Stupid question:

MODULE
{
name = RasterPropMonitorComputer
}

What does it do? Searched docs and didn't find anything.

that goes on part with IVA that uses RPM screens. used to store variables and the like. no configurations or anything.

"There's one more module you will need, RasterPropMonitorComputer. Notice that it's a PartModule, not an InternalModule, and requires no configuration. You just need to add it to the pod that will be hosting your IVA. Many other modules in this package also use it to store persistence data and compute all the variables, so you really want it to be there."

Edited by nli2work

curious - would it be possible to create an RPM interface to work the RT2 flight computer? I don't fly IVA but I was just thinking how it would be annoying with signal delay to be using the Probe Control Room and have to bring up the interface (F2) to use the flight computer to maneuver the craft when signal delay is enabled.

@K3|Chris Wellll I currently have a game where the IVA from the 3e4aba73ffef build (last night after 2130 CST's commit) specifically M27 cockpit has been cloned and is flying away rather slowly. I figured Jeb was just eating shrooms (EVA makes the cloned IVA cockpit go away). Gave me a good laugh.

Also regarding the VexcomHud I use it; it does nothing for the ADI; though its transparent Navball works(looks) just fine.

Another possibly silly question:

I have a prop that turns on the internal lights in the cockpits of B9, it works splendidly, but I'd like to to tie them to the external emissive of the part as well (turn on the lights inside, windows on the outside light up) that's simple, for one pod, but each pod has a unique animation name to toggle the emissives (I guess I could rename them to all have the same name, but I'm not sure unity would allow that, for some reason you over-write animations of the same name if you make a new one with the same name). And even if I work around that (multiple unity instances, saving them to different folders etc) does KSP allow multiple identical named animations? Can can the game figure out which I mean=?

I currently use:

MODULE
{
switchTransform = Collider
animationName = <nameofemissiveanimation>
actionName = dummy
switchSound =
animateExterior =true
}

Can I just repeat that block 4 times (there are 4 B9 cockpits with IVAs) and replace the animationName with each cockpit's animation and have that work without erroring out? Would it turn on the emissives on other pods connected to the same craft? (I don't want that).

repeating same block on all the pods and call different animations should work fine.

the switch should still be per pod. so if you got multiple pods in the same vessel, you have to go into each IVA to turn them on individually.

repeating same block on all the pods and call different animations should work fine.

The code is on the prop in the IVA, not on the pod, the buttons are identical across the IVAs, I guess I could technically duplicate the button 4 times and give each it's own animation trigger but that seems... suboptimal, would mean I'd need to make another button for each IVA I make.

might be able to use the reuse same emissive animation if you break window panes into it's own transform and set them at the same level in the Heirarchy. assign same diffuse and emissive textures in Unity, replace with proper ones for each pod in MODEL{}

• PartToolsObject
    • ExtWindows
    • mainPodMesh
      • more stuff

can't test it out at the moment. but I think it should work.

Edited by nli2work

That isn't a bad idea actually, though from what I've seen of the animation system it targets specific "transforms" even if you put the animation on element higher up the hierarchy the animation itself still needs to target a specific transform inside or nothing happens.

I'm pretty sure if i renamed the windows to the same name and used the same animation it would work, but that constitutes a not insignificant amount of work, because of recent unity versions not supporting color animations and all my assets being in recent unity, I can load up animations that use color animations previously made by me or bac9 but I can't manipulate them or make new ones. Hence why I wanted to do it on the .cfg end.

Can you toggle a pod animation based on perPodPersistenceName from a pod's cfg? Check the state of that variable and toggle an animation accordingly? That would mean I could have one configuration per pod.

not sure if a prop module would work in an IVA internal.cfg, worth a try, since it doesn't take nearly as much time as changing unity setups. initially I was thinking of using perPodPersistenceName, but then you'd still need 4 buttons; or single button with 4 slaves which will probably generate 3 NREs whenever you activated it.

At the risk of sounding like the complete dunce in this thread....

I've been spending the past 4 1/2 hours reading over the documentation, and have to admit that configuring this mod as far as what switches and buttons does what goes completely over my head. This is a fantastic mod, but there are a few things I'd like to change and as well detailed and well written as the documentation is on it, for guys like me who know very little about how a mod works and how to configure cfg's and such, anyone that can "dumb it down" so that I can better understand it would be greatly appreciated. And as to ensure I don't take up space on this thread for those that know what they're doing, I ask that someone simply pm me and I'll fill you in on the details on what I'm looking for then.

To give just a little background since installing this mod, I did make some color changes to the navball display. The deep blue does a very good job of keeping the maneuver node indicator hidden from me, so I had to lighten that up just a little bit to better distinguish the marker for maneuver nodes. Other than that, making adjustments to this thing is completely over my head. Thank you for hearing my plea and I hope someone can help me out.