PorkWorks dev thread [Habitat Pack] [SpaceplanePlus]

Porkjet

1) THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its probably best just to directly lay the hab on the ground. I gave it a high crash tolerance so you don't need to be particularly careful with it.

^^ I sense some new skycranes coming on . . .

EDIT: DL'ed

I must now find a way to get that to Temstar's standard base height . . . .

Hi guys, now for something different: I've been playing with the thought of making some extra MK2 system parts.

I'm not a big fan of the mk3 fuselage system to be honest, and I rarely use the mk2 fuselages, but I think they have potential and with a few more parts in that style could be very useful. Yes, could just use B9, but I find the amount of parts kinda overwhelming and they don't mix with the stock parts very well.

Here's a doodle of some ideas. Please let me know your opinions if I should do it or not.

PLFymKq.jpg

Have you done any work on the interiors of the smaller inflato module for this release or did you focus solely on the flathab?

No work that has been released yet. I'm planning to do a little overhaul on all the interiors at once.

Love it. Absolutely love it.

Any chance of getting a larger centrifuge some time? 2m hub, etc?

Yes.

Hi guys, now for something different: I've been playing with the thought of making some extra MK2 system parts.

I'm not a big fan of the mk3 fuselage system to be honest, and I rarely use the mk2 fuselages, but I think they have potential and with a few more parts in that style could be very useful. Yes, could just use B9, but I find the amount of parts kinda overwhelming and they don't mix with the stock parts very well.

Here's a doodle of some ideas. Please let me know your opinions if I should do it or not.

http://i.imgur.com/PLFymKq.jpg

[...]

Yes! Please do! I am sure that once I unlocked it in career mode, I don't think I would go back to the MkI and I agree that the Mk III is just weird to work with.

There is my opinion,

team.leit

No work that has been released yet. I'm planning to do a little overhaul on all the interiors at once.

Yes.

With your IVA designing talent, I'd say go for it!

That all looks pretty cool, really looking forward to it. May I make a request? A round 2.5m cargo bay in addition to the mk2 cargo bay. I would love to have a rocket-style SSTO cargo carrier.

Thanks for all the hard work, this is by far one of the best part mods out there!

Hey Porkjet, thought you might find this article interesting:

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2014/02/affordable-habitats-more-buck-rogers-less-money-bigelow/

Especially the Olympus carrier module towards the end of the article.

My guess is he's already seen this or a related article...as his modules already have an uncanny resemblance to those modules!

My guess is he's already seen this or a related article...as his modules already have an uncanny resemblance to those modules!

Of course he's seen Bigelow modules. But the devil is in the details of the new modules outlined in the article. Plus, it's a new article posted today.

Porkjet? You have to make a working Olympus, interior docking and everything. That would be SO awesome! Best. Concept. Ever.

Also, Go for it. Those parts for Mk2 look awesome! You could also team up with Nazari, who is working on a mk3 refit. I agree that the B9 parts are not very Stockalike, but all the same, the entire Mk2 and Mk3 line could do with a refit.

I has a request for a future part: A 3.75m Inflato. (I am not asking you to drop everything and do it now, but a dedicated 3.75m inflato hab would be very nice.)

Edited by Deathsoul097

Hey Porkjet, thought you might find this article interesting:

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2014/02/affordable-habitats-more-buck-rogers-less-money-bigelow/

Especially the Olympus carrier module towards the end of the article.

Thank you! very nice!

Porkjet? You have to make a working Olympus, interior docking and everything. That would be SO awesome! Best. Concept. Ever.

Also, Go for it. Those parts for Mk2 look awesome! You could also team up with Nazari, who is working on a mk3 refit. I agree that the B9 parts are not very Stockalike, but all the same, the entire Mk2 and Mk3 line could do with a refit.

I has a request for a future part: A 3.75m Inflato. (I am not asking you to drop everything and do it now, but a dedicated 3.75m inflato hab would be very nice.)

I don't really plan to make anything bigger than the 550. And docking spacecraft inside and interior? No idea how to do that. Would require lots of custom coding.

Were you able to animate your heatshield?

Thank you! very nice!

I don't really plan to make anything bigger than the 550. And docking spacecraft inside and interior? No idea how to do that. Would require lots of custom coding.

Were you able to animate your heatshield?

I agree we dont really need a bigger inflatable module. But i think the internal docking could be done without a plugin. Iwe seen two projects that have hollow models to accomplish this kind of thing. There could also be a hatch for kerbals in the "core" inside to a regular iva. Tho the docking nodes etc would have to come integrated in the "internal" space since there would be no way of attacing them in the vab. The model itself would also be really complex to make i think(especcially since the collider would need to be hollow too and scale with the inflating animation, the physics load would probably cripple the fps).

My porkjet wish list would be:

2.5 m centrifuge(im thinking 10-15m inflated width)

3.75m centrifuge(thicker tube and 15-20m inflated width)

2.5m inflato. Same width but longer than the 1.25m

3.75m inflato. Perhaps a bit wider and a bit longer than the 2.5m. Yes it would be HUGE.

Loving your work so far. The textures and models look so stocklike and high quality its almost like squad decided to suprise us with inflatable modules for 0.23

Edited by landeTLS

Do you people not get it?!? Porky said there would be no inflato bigger than the 550!

EDIT: Also, I WANT NEW INFLATO IVA PLZZZZZ!!!!!!1

I just meant that if the hubs where 3.75m it wouldnt look right if it had the same diameter. Geeez. He also didnt say there wouldnt be one. Just that he wasnt planning to make one. Hypotethical ideas, Just throwing it out there. Porkjet is free to make whatever he wants to make.

PLFymKq.jpg

I like this idea a lot! Maybe consider updating the textures on the current stock parts (via ModuleManager), so the geometry is the same but it fits better with the parts you plan to make. I recall C7 mentioning that the current aircraft parts are in real need of a overhaul.

Also, here's a few more part ideas:

- Shorter and Longer Fuel Tanks

- RCS Tank

- Reverse Cargo Bay (with the hatch on the bottom for deploying rovers :D)

- SAS

- Adapter to 2 x 1.25m attachment nodes

I like this idea a lot! Maybe consider updating the textures on the current stock parts (via ModuleManager), so the geometry is the same but it fits better with the parts you plan to make. I recall C7 mentioning that the current aircraft parts are in real need of a overhaul.

Also, here's a few more part ideas:

- Shorter and Longer Fuel Tanks

- RCS Tank

- Reverse Cargo Bay (with the hatch on the bottom for deploying rovers :D)

- SAS

- Adapter to 2 x 1.25m attachment nodes

Adding to this, an inline docking port would be brilliant.

Yes, could just use B9, but I find the amount of parts kinda overwhelming and they don't mix with the stock parts very well.

Last, but not least, don't make the same mistake as B9 has made by bunching a million parts together into one giant pack to rule them all. Make the Mk2 pack a stand-alone pack. That way, those who ONLY wants the inflatable habitats can use them and vice versa. I too refrain from using the B9 pack due to its size and the fact it seems to be abandoned these days.

Hey, these sketches look a lot like the YARD Aerospace Pack. He doesn't work on the mod any more so maybe you could get his permission to continue it. It technically works on .23. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/44273-0-21-x-YARD-Aerospace-Pack-%280-12%29

Another thought: finishing the IVAs before moving on to the Mk2 parts could make a lot of sense since the longer you wait, the harder it will likely become to muster the will to finish them.

Edited by DevL