[1.12.3+] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.9.4 | 02/06/24

stupid_chris

Yeah, those are always fun. How do you expect me to find you, bug, when you don't throw errors???

Playing 'find the missing brace' is also good fun.

Or writing several hundred lines of code without trying to compile once and then wondering at the end which part is keeping you from compiling...

that's the nice part of using a good IDE. although, java wouldn't compile like that...

how long till we get a hotfix? or is it waiting for a larger update?

Edited by Commissar

... Thank you, stupid_chris for Realchutes.

Your chutes have been wonderful ...

I deeply concur. Thank you stupid_chris for this truly awesome mod.

Congrats for the 4000 posts and even the beautiful coding (I am a scientist who "attempts" to code too :cool:)

Downloaded an update on april, 1st, but didn't play till yesterday... damn... now you owe me a keyboard and a monitor (can send the one with a crater in the middle) :)))

Hehehehe, no craters on the ground of KSC? :P

I deeply concur. Thank you stupid_chris for this truly awesome mod.

Congrats for the 4000 posts and even the beautiful coding (I am a scientist who "attempts" to code too :cool:)

Thank you :)

Also, just something I thought about a few minutes ago but I think is worth laying down:

I thought of setting a form of presets you can select from. Basically, those would be "templates" you can choose from and that would set some settings on the chutes. Basically you would be able to pop up a small window, select "combo", and it would the saved settings to your chute. This way you spend less time in the editor.

You could also, of course, create your own settings manually, or save them, directly from the game.

I feel like this could be a powerful tool, but it sounds like a rather larger part code-wise. It won't come next update, but I feel like this could be something to set up before progessing with other aspects of the mod.

Hehehehe, no craters on the ground of KSC? :P

Thank you :)

Also, just something I thought about a few minutes ago but I think is worth laying down:

I thought of setting a form of presets you can select from. Basically, those would be "templates" you can choose from and that would set some settings on the chutes. Basically you would be able to pop up a small window, select "combo", and it would the saved settings to your chute. This way you spend less time in the editor.

You could also, of course, create your own settings manually, or save them, directly from the game.

I feel like this could be a powerful tool, but it sounds like a rather larger part code-wise. It won't come next update, but I feel like this could be something to set up before progessing with other aspects of the mod.

Sounds like a great idea. Then I could have `Duna 10T` as a preset and I`ll know that the chutes will land a 10T craft on Duna.

A little while again, I'm compiling a bunch of fixes and small features before releaseing and I have my last midterm this week, so it should be by friday if all goes well.

ah, midterms. sounds good. not long till summer thankfully

Quick Question, is it normal to have two sets of parachutes inside every stock chute? When I go to set action groups I have two sets of the arm/cut/deploy options.

No it isn't, look into your installation folders you have dupplicated the modulemanager files

Hi, So I'm pretty new here to start with so please be gentle. So after the 23.5 update I checked out the ARM Pack [0.23.5] Mod Compatibility Thread as some of my mods died in the update (magic smoke) and noticed I was missing out on a world of fun with realchute.

However, I've installed it and I think I'm missing some parts, like in the images on page one, you have a green nose cone and one that will fit the Mk.1 pod and I only have four chutes all 1.25m size.

This isn't right, right? or am I just a complete idiot having not installed the mod correctly (I guess the latter). I can give screenshots if it helps?

Sorry.

However, I've installed it and I think I'm missing some parts, like in the images on page one, you have a green nose cone and one that will fit the Mk.1 pod and I only have four chutes all 1.25m size.

This isn't right, right? or am I just a complete idiot having not installed the mod correctly (I guess the latter). I can give screenshots if it helps?

No need to apologize. The point of this thread is to ask questions.

The album on the first page is a bit out of date. The latest version of RealChute has only four parachutes, one of each type. You can resize them by going into the action group editor in the VAB, then clicking on the parachute you want to adjust. You'll get a window with a lot of options; look for "next size" and "previous size".

Hi, So I'm pretty new here to start with so please be gentle. So after the 23.5 update I checked out the ARM Pack [0.23.5] Mod Compatibility Thread as some of my mods died in the update (magic smoke) and noticed I was missing out on a world of fun with realchute.

Sorry.

No need to be sorry :)

Just look at the posts linked in the OP, there's information in there you need to correctly use the mod.

No need to apologize. The point of this thread is to ask questions.

The album on the first page is a bit out of date. The latest version of RealChute has only four parachutes, one of each type. You can resize them by going into the action group editor in the VAB, then clicking on the parachute you want to adjust. You'll get a window with a lot of options; look for "next size" and "previous size".

The album on the front page is brand new since 1.0 :)

Maybe i'm doing something wrong but i'm using the chute in default configuration (main and secondary chute are identical) on a MK2 pod, with setting applied. The secondary chute does semi deploy but does not fully deploy.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong but i'm using the chute in default configuration (main and secondary chute are identical) on a MK2 pod, with setting applied. The secondary chute does semi deploy but does not fully deploy.

Known issue, also in the OP.

Ok dumb question Kevlar or nylon just from a straight up what's better basis

Kevlar = more weight, but better stopping power.

Silk = less weight, less stopping power.

Nylon = compromise/balance between the two.

And canvas and plastic bag?

Worthless

I think they're just there as a gag item.

Sadly, Stupid_Chris has rebuffed my request for parachute materials made with fishnet stockings. Apparently he's under the impression that they have insufficient drag! :(