[WIP][TechTree @ 0.23.5] - [MS19e] - Realistic Progression LITE

MedievalNerd

What do you mean your probe dies? Just that you no longer have connection with MC? How high of an angle are you in when you reach that height? Are you using antennas with enough range?

I meant I no longer have a connection, and therefore can't do anything.

However I figured it out. For some reason I have two identical antennas and one of them works and the other doesn't.

I meant I no longer have a connection, and therefore can't do anything.

However I figured it out. For some reason I have two identical antennas and one of them works and the other doesn't.

Happy you figured it out. Is the other antenna an AIES antenna, I believe they don't have the RT2 modules added. I'll double check that for MS19 update.

Also just a quick side note, although I can provide general guidelines for the mods used in conjunction with the tech tree, i'm not necesarily an expert on all of them. In some cases it might be best to post on the forum of the relevant mod. I'm glad to help when I can though!

Cheers,

Happy you figured it out. Is the other antenna an AIES antenna, I believe they don't have the RT2 modules added. I'll double check that for MS19 update.

There are two AIES antennas at the start, they both look identical, but one is configured for RT and one isn't.

Also just a quick side note, although I can provide general guidelines for the mods used in conjunction with the tech tree, i'm not necesarily an expert on all of them. In some cases it might be best to post on the forum of the relevant mod. I'm glad to help when I can though!

Cheers,

The reason I had posted here was I thought maybe there was something wrong with your patch for range. Thought maybe I might have installed it wrong or something.

There are two AIES antennas at the start, they both look identical, but one is configured for RT and one isn't.

The reason I had posted here was I thought maybe there was something wrong with your patch for range. Thought maybe I might have installed it wrong or something.

It's all good, I was just saying that in case we hit some more complex issues. I don't want to pretend i'm an expert at all of them. ^_^

It wouldn't break the save game, but reloading the new tree might do some annoying things. (IE, parts moved to previously unlocked nodes, won't be "purchased", so you have to click on them manually, quite annoying.)

Also, since i'm adding the Sputnik, and Explorer satellites, i'm replacing some of the early placeholder probes. (the cube/sphere clones)

Oh and to avoid complications, I'll try to get custom rolled ranges for antennas added to the RO tweaks. That way there wont' be any shenanigans of using a seperate settings file. The values will be manually tweaked to make sense with RSS.

Still can't seem to get this to work.. I've done a fresh .23 install then install nothing but this and the other mods that was listed. It will load it also seems that sputnik mk1 and 2 are static, the don't move they just stay in place, also with the packeted version the only way to change the type of fuel is by pressing "G" but that only cycles through 5, none with have liquid oxide.

Also experiencing another problem when I delete MFT the tree becomes broken not allowing to get any parts from a new game. I've tried to put just Real Fuels in but still shows as broken.

Still can't seem to get this to work.. I've done a fresh .23 install then install nothing but this and the other mods that was listed. It will load it also seems that sputnik mk1 and 2 are static, the don't move they just stay in place, also with the packeted version the only way to change the type of fuel is by pressing "G" but that only cycles through 5, none with have liquid oxide.

Also experiencing another problem when I delete MFT the tree becomes broken not allowing to get any parts from a new game. I've tried to put just Real Fuels in but still shows as broken.

Maybe using 0.22 might do the trick, remember this isn't ready for 0.23 yet. So mileage may vary. :/

Maybe using 0.22 might do the trick, remember this isn't ready for 0.23 yet. So mileage may vary. :/

Well further messing with them it seems that when I try to take the MFT that's in there and try to take it out or replace with either the split MFT or Real fuels something doesn't load fully causing RPL not to load correctly.

Also I have fixed the static sputnik seems that MC was the problem with that, still tying to resolve the MFT issue in why it only lets me switch from the 5 using "g"

Well further messing with them it seems that when I try to take the MFT that's in there and try to take it out or replace with either the split MFT or Real fuels something doesn't load fully causing RPL not to load correctly.

Also I have fixed the static sputnik seems that MC was the problem with that, still tying to resolve the MFT issue in why it only lets me switch from the 5 using "g"

I talked to Nathan last night, and for the MFT issue is that RPL refers to RftsEngines and not RealEngines. So you have to use the former config, not the new one that Baur is working on.

When I release MS19, since Nathan doesn't mind me packing RealFuels in there, i'll make sure to have the default config in there so that it's not a questions of whether or not you chose the right one. :)

Now IF I were to downgrade to .22 would all the mods still work/be fixed to where is it playable?

Hard to say off the top of my head. The thing is that not all mods keep historical copies of their mods, and if they made any changes 'for' 0.23, which causes issues with 0.22. Then it might not work.

I suggest maybe holding off until I get MS19 out, which should solve all your issues, or at least narrow it down to a specific one. The things you've been telling me sound peculiar, and haven't been voiced since the release.

Speaking of which, I have to roll up my sleeves and get to right now. :)

Hard to say off the top of my head. The thing is that not all mods keep historical copies of their mods, and if they made any changes 'for' 0.23, which causes issues with 0.22. Then it might not work.

I suggest maybe holding off until I get MS19 out, which should solve all your issues, or at least narrow it down to a specific one. The things you've been telling me sound peculiar, and haven't been voiced since the release.

Speaking of which, I have to roll up my sleeves and get to right now. :)

Hah :) Well looking forward to it, I know at one time i got it to work with out having real fuels or MFT but now when I try it just breaks So I guess I'll hold off till its fixed :)

Tree Looks great which is one reason why I wanted it + the Realism

The tree is going to get quite the overhaul for MS19. Seperate tech lines for Dishes/Antennas. New probes, Fairings merged with start node. Loads of stuff. I also made Lazor & IR inidividual tech trees. Not to mention the new non-atmospheric flyinghigh/low experiments! Can't wait to get this out!

@MedievalNerd just curious, how the heck high do I need to get for "InSpaceHigh" about Kerbin? That's the only science I have left but no matter how high I managed to get, i'm still "InSpaceLow".

Geosynch is the cutoff for Low/High space thresholds. In the future I intend to 'try' and have LEO/MEO/HEO for Kerbin/Earth.

Here is the full chart:

RSS_Science_Altitude_Thresholds.png

Cool pic on the wiki article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Earth_orbit

Edited by MedievalNerd

Elokaynu, as the top of the opening post in *both* the MFT *and* the RF threads say, you need to use one *or* the other. In this case, you need to use Real Fuels. Nuke the ModularFuelTanks folder.

Second, to use RPL you need RftSEngines. After you've installed Realism Overhaul v3, follow the instructions at the bottom of the Realism Overhaul OP: nuke the SFJBRealEngines folder, download RftSEngines.cfg, and stick it in the RealismOverhaul folder.

Holy crap i'm not even close :( Best i'm managed is around 5,800km. I feel so stuck.

How heavy is the payload you are trying to put past geosync?

Edit: Sent you the DV chart, might help figure out if you are launching with enough power. Or too heavy, vice/versa.

Edited by MedievalNerd

Elokaynu, as the top of the opening post in *both* the MFT *and* the RF threads say, you need to use one *or* the other. In this case, you need to use Real Fuels. Nuke the ModularFuelTanks folder.

Second, to use RPL you need RftSEngines. After you've installed Realism Overhaul v3, follow the instructions at the bottom of the Realism Overhaul OP: nuke the SFJBRealEngines folder, download RftSEngines.cfg, and stick it in the RealismOverhaul folder.

Quite a noob at finding it where can I find RftSEngines

How heavy is the payload you are trying to put past geosync?

Edit: Sent you the DV chart, might help figure out if you are launching with enough power. Or too heavy, vice/versa.

Quite small. Around .2tons IIRC. Just a QBE, and misc parts. Just trying to head straight up high enough to get that science. Not even trying for an orbit.

EDIT: Just looked at the chart you sent me. Is that DV for ORBIT or even just straight up and down, suborbital?

I'm not anyway near those numbers :( Best rocket i've designed using the Tech 1 stuff is around 7k atmo/9k vac

Edited by Agathorn

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.