[WIP][TechTree @ 0.23.5] - [MS19e] - Realistic Progression LITE

MedievalNerd

This is one of the best mods (Or plugin, whatever) i've played, awesome job! Although i would really like atleast 1 liquid Soviet engine (As for the R7 that launched the Sputnik, i thought they were solid boosters, but actually its pure liquid, even the boosters)

This is one of the best mods (Or plugin, whatever) i've played, awesome job! Although i would really like atleast 1 liquid Soviet engine (As for the R7 that launched the Sputnik, i thought they were solid boosters, but actually its pure liquid, even the boosters)

:D

Yup, I am intending on including some Soviet engines down the road. I could maybe even do it as a hotfix once MS19 is out. Asmi pointed out the lack of Soviet manned tech nodes. I'm thinking of having maybe a branching tree so you could potentially do both US/Soviet missions. :)

:D

Yup, I am intending on including some Soviet engines down the road. I could maybe even do it as a hotfix once MS19 is out. Asmi pointed out the lack of Soviet manned tech nodes. I'm thinking of having maybe a branching tree so you could potentially do both US/Soviet missions. :)

If you are interested in doing soviet missions, bobcat's soviet engines/historical pack and home grown rocket parts (for a look-a-like vostok) or Space Factory (it has more "realistic" looking Voskhod-2/vostok) seem to have the necessary parts

EDIT: found TAC RO fixes

This seems to be the cfg's for TAC RO here HERE

Needed files seem to be @ Additional_Configs\GameData\zzz_Additional_Configs \RealismOverhaul: TACLifeSupport.cfg, cabins_EnergyUsage.cfg, pods_EnergyUsage.cfg (i believe the other files are already in newest RO version, maybe RealChute.cfg is useful, but i haven't looked at it)

If anyone could confirm that, can you please let me know, thanks

Edited by Guest

RemoteTech2 seems to be quite buggy even with the community fix, i try to launch, all ok, but then i cannot open any antennas or do any SCIENCE!!!, i DO have the 2 antennas that you have at the start installed, i can turn SAS and RCS, i can send action groups, all, but i cannot interact with anything, the only way is to assign everything to action groups, but where's the fun in that!? lol

I think it may be a compatibility issue, i don't know, im i the only one having this problem?

Edit 2: Nevermind fixed it, the custom skybox i downloaded or used too much RAM, or it was incompatible, anyways, fixed it

Edit 3: Just to avoid confusion, i didn't fixed RT2, i fixed a crash happening half-way through the download...

I noticed, a red ball (I expect its where KSC should be) appears in the map view, so i suspect RT2 is confused about where KSC is, and that may be why i don't get any sort of communication... Yea

Edited by SlimeCrusher

After some trail & error, i have edited jrandoms TAC RO fix file to do the following for manned command module components: (which i hope makes them fall inline with RO's pattern)

1. nerf reaction wheels (to: PitchTorque = 0.01/YawTorque = 0.01/RollTorque = 0.03/energy rate = 0.001)

2. Alter existing RT2 settings for 6+ crew parts to be command stations & change existing RT2 comms devices (to: Mode0OmniRange = 0.0000001, Mode1OmniRange = 50000000, EnergyCost = 0.09 with PacketInterval = 0.3, PacketSize = 2, PacketResourceCost = 15.0)

and included cfg files packaged with it for manned B9, Bobcats Soviet pack, FASA , Home Grown Rocket parts, ALCOR, AIES, FusTek Station Parts Expansion, Habitat Pack, Interstellar/squad science labs parts to make them have default comms and fixed any issues stopping TAC from working (& and removed any ECLSS resources) > forgive any sloppy edits/sloppy methods but everything appears to report correct TAC/Reaction wheel/RT2 information (i hope this makes them fall inline with RO's pattern)

** Made some small changes to Habitat pack & FusTek parts as below to provide more useful setup using RT2/KAS/TAC (FusTek-Parts.cfg seems to need to be removed from Realism Overhaul folder to avoid odd nodes/textures on FusTek parts until newer version is made)

-Added large co2 scrubber/water purifiers to Bobcat Mir station parts that had life support generators > to move them to TAC support (away from ECLSS)

-Added large co2 scrubber/water purifiers and a 50 unit KAS container to Habitat Packs "Storage Container F.L.A.T" > to make it the "core unit" of stations/bases

-Added large co2 scrubber/water purifiers to FusTek "Karmony utilities" & "Karmony utilities adapter" > seeing part description it seemed the "life support" center

-Added a 50 unit KAS container & default RT2 comms device to FusTek "Karmony logistics" & "Karmony logistics adapter" > seeing part description it seemed the non-copula "operations" center for comms/minor storage

-Added a 500 unit KAS container to FusTek "Karmony Warehouse" & "Karmony Warehouse adapter" > seeing part description it seemed the "main storage/cargo" center

-Added a 500 unit KAS container, 30 units storage of each TAC resource/waste item & default RT2 comms device to FusTek "Resupply Module" > seeing part description it seemed the "ferry" for life support/KAS item

To improve it past this I would need to learn more about modifying KSP files or have this looked over by someone that is more knowledgeable about it than I.

files are HERE

Edited by Guest

Hey there, anyone care to take a stab at a minor issue im having? i recently installed most of the mods from the realism overhaul thread including realistic progression (freaking awesome btw) and interstellar. Now i have searched the threads for both of the previously mentioned mods and cant find an answer to this minor but nagging issue.

so i start a new game, load up the proper tech tree as per instructions, everything seems fine, i progress as normal through the tree but when i reload my savegame i get a popup that says "interstellar tech tree update: An update to the tech tree is available [install update] or [dismiss]"

i accidentally click update and it screws up the realistic progression tech tree, it kinda just reverts me back to the stock tech tree, all my unlocked stuff is still available and my science count is the same its all good, just delete tree.cfg and alls well after restart.

But even if i dismiss the window, it still pops up every single time i load my save, so every time i have to click dismiss i also risk fat fingering the update button and having to delete tree.cfg and restart and all that.

Ok fine, its a lame issue, the most it costs me is 2 seconds to a few minuets of my time, but its just nagging me, is there a way to get these mods to play a little better with each other?

That happens to me too and im not sure why. Maybe look for a check for update option in the configs and turn it off but im not sure if there is one.

Edit: Interesting, try this and let me know if it helps. It seems to have worked for me.

Open the GameData/WarpPlugin/tree.cfg and set

VERSION

{

id = 0

}

Edited by Fleet

That happens to me too and im not sure why. Maybe look for a check for update option in the configs and turn it off but im not sure if there is one.

Edit: Interesting, try this and let me know if it helps. It seems to have worked for me.

Open the GameData/WarpPlugin/tree.cfg and set

VERSION

{

id = 0

}

Awesome! this worked for me as well. thanks for the info.

Can somebody help me out. I've looked everywhere for this solution and not sure if it is related to RPL. When I start data collection on the sputnik and wait until it hits 25 to take a reading and then transmit the data, it consumes the charge way too fast. When I say fast I say about 70 out of 100 charge in one second. So I come out with like 0.4 science before the battery runs out. So I have been searching high and low to see if there is a charge consumption rate needing to be adjusted thinking maybe there is a mod conflict. I can't seem to find it because everything I tweak does nothing so I change it back and keep looking.

Here is what I have installed. My guess is there is a conflict between RPL / RemoteTech2 / and RealSolarSystem but I can't seem to find out how to adjust consumption rates if that is the problem.

Here is my mod list in case somebody else has this issue and might recognize the issue?

toolbar

activetextmngmnt

aies

chatterer

custombiomes

deadlyreentry

distantobjects

engineignitor

environmentvisualenhance

exsurgentEngineering

FAR

habitatpack

RasterPropMonitor

KAS

DifficultyScaler

KW-Rocketry

MechJeb2

DockingPortAlignment

FinalFrontier

UniversalStorage

PreciseNode

ProdeduralParts

RealChutes

RealFuels

RealSolarSystem

RemoteTech2 (with community hot fix)

RftS

Romfarer Lasers

RPL Tweak Pack

ScanSat

TAC

Treeloader

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Universe Replacer

VesselView (RasterPropMonitor)

Can this be intended? Seems like I would have to launch 100's of sputniks to get all the science just to unlock batteries and solar panels.

Pulling hair out... now Remote Tech 2 still defaulting to original KSC location. How do I get RemoteTech2 to stay in cape canaveral in the RSS? Since it is down so far I can't control the probes for the early stages of the RPL. Been trying to figure this out and not getting any luck.

Ok I changed the location to match the launch site in RSS inside the RemoteTech_Settings.cfg - On map it shows the red dot has now moved to my location however I still get no connection. I also applied the updated .dll hot fix for RT2. Everything seems to work just fine but I can't get RT2 to connect. And without RT2 I can't use RPL. So it is working for others using the RSS / Realism Overhaul / RPL / RT2?

Pulling hair out... now Remote Tech 2 still defaulting to original KSC location. How do I get RemoteTech2 to stay in cape canaveral in the RSS? Since it is down so far I can't control the probes for the early stages of the RPL. Been trying to figure this out and not getting any luck.

You can use these settings for relocating the RT2 groundstation to KSC in Cape Canaveral Florida:

ConsumptionMultiplier = 0.1

RangeMultiplier = 10

ActiveVesselGuid = 35b89a0d664c43c6bec8d0840afc97b2

SpeedOfLight = 3E+08

MapFilter = Omni, Dish, Planet, Path

EnableSignalDelay = False

RangeModelType = Additive

MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 0

ThrottleTimeWarp = True

DishConnectionColor = 0.9960784,0.7019608,0.03137255,1

OmniConnectionColor = 0.5529412,0.5176471,0.4078431,1

ActiveConnectionColor = 0.6588235,1,0.01568628,1

NathanKell_MultipleAntennaSupport = True

GroundStations

{

STATION

{

Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488

Name = Mission Control

Latitude = 28.608389

Longitude = -80.604333

Height = 75

Body = 1

Antennas

{

ANTENNA

{

Omni = 7.5E+07

}

}

}

}

Copy and paste them into your RemoteTech_Settings.cfg in your RT folder in GameData. I don't remember from where I got them but it must have been from the threads of either Remotetech 2, Realism Overhaul, or Real solar system.

I did not come up with them, but they work fine. The 0.1 consumption multiplier may also help with electric consumption by antennas/dishes if you did not already have that in the cfg.

Ok after putting in the above cfg data I was able to get RT2 to work and locate at Canaveral in RSS. However after all this time I found out where the problem seems to be. When I test in a sandbox game RT2 works just fine. When I choose a career and select RPL then RT2 doesn't work. Any ideas on what that could mean?

In sandbox the antenna built into the probe functions; in career you have to unlock it.

This implies to me that you've not actually added an "always on" antenna (like the DP-10) to your vessel. You need to do that. No antenna = no connection.

If you've only added antennas and dishes that have to be turned on...how do you plan to turn them on without a connection?

Thanks for the response but I assure you I have the DP-10 on. I even made a rocket with the exact same setup with starting parts in RPL both in sandbox and RPL and sandbox connected but RPL did not. I seem to only have the Communitron 16 and DP-10 available in the starting tech within RPL. Is this correct? I put them both on the Sputnik probe mk1. I am able to hit the spacebar for staging but I am unable to control throttle or direction. Is there an updated file I may be missing? I've been scouring this forum thread but haven't come across it yet. Any info would be awesome

After checking it is not specific to RPL tree. Loading the stock tree also prevents RT2. Guess I have to start from scratch by loading only necessary mods for RPL then add as I go to narrow down culprit. Blah just when I had everything working KSP updates to this madness.

Fleet! You were right! All day I've been trying to figure this out. Alright guess I better get some red bull and get in a good session tonight since I haven't been able to do anything today. Thanks. I'm sure there is just some setting in that .cfg causing everything.

RT2_RO config should only effect power usage and ranges of comms parts, most likely your issue exists from another source. I have been using RT2_RO config with no issues so far, but i hope you can solve your issue and return to using it as its very well done for the most part (IMHO its lacking a 50mm omni antenna that is sorely needed)

I have an issue. When I begin a new career game all I have access to is the Oscar-B fuel tank.

After doing some poking around, I think its because the StretchySRB mod's fixed diameter tanks have been removed it has screwed up the TechTree initial progression. You don't get access to the stretchy tanks until achieving 50 science.

While its possible to obtain the 50 science needed using nothing but a giant oscar-B chain I don't think that is intended?

I have an issue. When I begin a new career game all I have access to is the Oscar-B fuel tank.

After doing some poking around, I think its because the StretchySRB mod's fixed diameter tanks have been removed it has screwed up the TechTree initial progression. You don't get access to the stretchy tanks until achieving 50 science.

While its possible to obtain the 50 science needed using nothing but a giant oscar-B chain I don't think that is intended?

I have read about this, i think the fix was in StretchySRB forum, there is a file in StretchySRB folder "tech.cfg" i think editing it to be "start = 1000" fixes it, but nathan would be the one to know 100%

I would like to have an official answer on this though, as i didnt come up with the fix and have always wondered if it messes with the diameter's available at tech levels.

IMHO i still push for an "all in one" download package containing a "GameData" and "Parts" folders, to just replace the ones in 100% fresh stock install, but i think permission from mod creators is the issue along with the fact that mods get updated on their own schedules. But i really do hope we can have the option, i would even be willing to host/maintain/update it personally from a dropbox account

Edited by Guest

Aazard: You have it quite right!

Here's an easy-fix zip (also fixes issues with Procedural Fairings interstage). Extract it into GameData AFTER you install Stretchy and Proc Fairnigs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/40887vdxafxe92q/RPLFixes_ST_PF.zip

Licenses prevent it, yes. The best bet is to use the RSS Mod Bundler, which basically creates that "big zip" for you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.