[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

5 hours ago, ss8913 said:

ok.  So I should make sure to use fully controllable nuclear reactors that I can provide external fuel to, since the ones that are designed to be built with a supply of fuel end up empty and useless without the way to transfer resources to the build :(  (like the KSPIE molten salt reactors, all the MKS/UKS reactors, etc :( )

Send an engineer to the MKS/UKS reactor, "perform maintenance", it should pull the glowy stuff from nearby MKS/UKS storage.

28 minutes ago, Snarfster said:

Send an engineer to the MKS/UKS reactor, "perform maintenance", it should pull the glowy stuff from nearby MKS/UKS storage.

so if I have an MKS EnrichedUranium container nearby, this will do the right thing then?

ss8913: Ah, there's a solution for such resources: create an EL_ResourceRecipe definition (look in ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Resources/Recipes.cfg for examples), but I suggest using something other than RocketParts as the ingredient. The numbers form ratios (add up the numbers, divide by total). Just remember that EL works on mass, not volume. If you need help, just ask specific questions.

Any resource that has an EL_ResourceRecipe definition becomes a required resource and will be built into to vessel before finalization.

przybysz86: Fantastic, thank you. Ok, I have not seen such before. It looks like it is molniya.blockl causing the problems. I need the .cfg file and any relevant MM configs for it, as I don't know if it's a bug in the loader, or an error in the recipe.

Edited by taniwha

3 hours ago, taniwha said:

Any resource that has an EL_ResourceRecipe definition becomes a required resource and will be built into to vessel before finalization.

przybysz86: Fantastic, thank you. Ok, I have not seen such before. It looks like it is molniya.blockl causing the problems. I need the .cfg file and any relevant MM configs for it, as I don't know if it's a bug in the loader, or an error in the recipe.

That is also my thinking. It always get stuck in the same place during loading.

Main part cfg:
https://github.com/KSP-RO/SovietRockets/blob/2fe8c6631f6d8ee6d3374e4ce8a93117c2829392/GameData/RN_R7/master/blockl.cfg

but RO make changes too - https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/blob/master/GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/RaiderNick/RO_RN_R-7%20Tanks.cfg

I think Real Plume also add some small change but I cannot find it at the moment. I will check when I get home and add relevant CFGs if needed.

EDIT - Real plume cfg:
https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/blob/d3509c468ae89ced4436e458c40be4ee2fb9904d/GameData/RealismOverhaul/RealPlume_Configs/RaiderNick/R7/molniya_blockl.cfg

Edited by przybysz86
New input found

also, update on other construction types - sent up a plane with construction abilities.  It built a satellite.  I pushed finalize build, pushed release, and the satellite went flying off at high speed with no force of physics acting on it to do so.  No exceptions in the log per se, ie not actual exceptions, but there are.. a legion of these:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEn
gineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

getObtAtUT result is NaN! UT: NaN

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEn
gineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

problem!
[NaN, NaN, NaN]  -  [NaN, NaN, NaN]  -  NaN  -  [NaN, NaN, NaN] - NaN

OK, wow, i see what actually happened here, upon release the new satellite's global velocity vector seems to be *null*.  ie the MJ2 stats window says Ap/Pe are NaN, and a bunch of other things are NaN...  that.. that is weird.  going to see if it'll do it again after reloading.  this phenomenon was kind of confusing to KSP and it crashed trying to switch vessels back to the factory ship.

Loaded back in to the quicksave and it says the vessel is "landed" (yet also at a 700km orbit?) and "heightfromterrain are negative (-1)"  - also misrendering a bunch of the tweakscaled parts on the craft.  I'm not sure what it is about EPL that does not like my install but if I avoid EPL everything works together fine.. it's only when I try to do awesome stuff like build things in orbit.. which I really want to do, I think this is one of the best mod (concepts) in KSP.. everything starts exploding and conflicting.  I am *very* happy to help find the solutions however.  Just tell me what tests you want me to run or what data you'd like me to send.

Edited by ss8913

I think the incompatibility is either with tweakscale, or there's some unknown factor, or my luck is just better at certain times of day.  I'm going to be doing a lot more EPL over the next few days though,  will post my data points.

ss8913: Oh, geez, tweakscale... I once installed it to look into using it for EL's containers. It lasted less than 24h due to the problems it caused.

There is an exception in there, but it has been flooded out by the NaN messages (the in-game debug log is pretty useless for checking for exceptions because of such).

przybysz86: I don't see anything suspicious in those configs, but somehow, a MODULE{} block with no name= line is getting in there.

I'm not saying there isn't a bug in EL (there is, otherwise there'd be no exception! (EL should not assume that all config files are valid)).

What's happening is EL is generating a default part recipe (because the part has no EL_PartRecipe block) by using the default part recipe and scanning the part for part modules to figure out what extras should go in (defaults to just RocketParts for the part itself and nothing for the modules). The problem is when it tries to get the name of the part module but no name is specified: EL gets null and blindly passes it on. Oops.

I guess the thing to do is to look for molniya_blockl in GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache and see if the offending MODULE is there. Unfortunately, MM doesn't record the origin of patches, but the contents might give a clue.

In the meantime, I'll make EL fail gracefully.

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

I guess the thing to do is to look for molniya_blockl in GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache and see if the offending MODULE is there. Unfortunately, MM doesn't record the origin of patches, but the contents might give a clue.

whole part of the MM.CC PMed but I've found this - can this be a problematic part?

MODULE
        {
            OmniRange = 1500000
            EnergyCost = 0.01
            DeployFxModules = 1
        }

EDIT:
NVM - I will just fix it in the RO cfg and restart the game :)

Edited by przybysz86
new thought

It moved past molnyia_block and got stuck on another part. Looks like the RO cfg is messed up for this part pack but now at least I know where to look and what to fix. Thanks.

EDIT:
one more part had exactly the same issue. After fixing cfg game loaded fine with EL. Thanks again!

Edited by przybysz86
fixed!

11 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

unfortunately there are so many things that depend on tweakscale that it's pretty much a 'must' for a modded install anymore.  Anything I can do to help narrow down the problem better?

Really?  I stopped using tweakscale geez probably 9 months ago and never looked back.  It has always been a bug inducing mod.  I honestly haven't missed it.

51 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Yes, you can berate the tweakscale maintainer until he fixes his mess.

lol... well, it's kind of required for KSP Interstellar, as well as [later versions of] TAC LS, i think there may be at least one USI mod that depends on it... think there are some others, those are the 2 main ones that jump out.  I will ask over on the tweakscale forums if they've had any looks at playing better with EPL.

Pretty sure USI doesn't require it, but both @NecroBones's mods and new Infernal Robotics really like having TweakScale around (especially the latter is a mess without some sort of rescaling). But yeah, it caused me pain as well, I keep it around for the things I mentioned but I delete all the bundled configs. 

2 hours ago, ModZero said:

Pretty sure USI doesn't require it, but both @NecroBones's mods and new Infernal Robotics really like having TweakScale around (especially the latter is a mess without some sort of rescaling). But yeah, it caused me pain as well, I keep it around for the things I mentioned but I delete all the bundled configs. 

Yeah, none of my mods require TweakScale, but I usually try to have support for it included.

1 hour ago, Plasma Phi said:

I'm having problems with the "UKS Mobile Launchpad" having no stakes in the construction GUI, anywhere. Is this MKS or EPL problem ?

Or am i just doing something wrong ?

I have placed 2 stakes X+ and X-, but they wont show up on the GUI.

The stakes only work with an EPL survey station.  For EPL it is a MM configed hitchhiker can.  For MKS it is part of the MKS Pioneer module

10 hours ago, ss8913 said:

lol... well, it's kind of required for KSP Interstellar, as well as [later versions of] TAC LS, i think there may be at least one USI mod that depends on it... think there are some others, those are the 2 main ones that jump out.  I will ask over on the tweakscale forums if they've had any looks at playing better with EPL.

No USI mods require TweakScale - it's a support issue spawner ;)

I just discovered something else interesting... I have a new type of communications satellite which uses a KSP Interstellar Computer/AGI Core as its control module - like manned, but unmanned.  Pretty neat.  Kerbal in a can.  anyway this thing requires MegaJoules to operate, and as such I need a KSPI-E reactor on board capable of producing them.  I'm using a molten salt reactor which has two fuel modes, UF4 and Th4.  In the VAB I've set it up to use Th4 by clicking 'switch fuel mode'.  This works fine when I launch it normally, but when I build with EPL, while the internal fuel type remains correct and I can transfer it over, the reactor is now set to use UF4, not honoring my VAB setting, and as such the reactor has the wrong fuel in it, and quits.  Again, works fine on a normal launch, problem only comes up when building with EPL.  Is this a bug or something I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: Doesn't matter what the reactor mode is set to in VAB/SPH - when built with EPL it always says fuel mode: EnrichedUranium - this is not a fuel mode this reactor is capable of when *not* built by EPL, so this seems to be something EPL is doing to change the very nature of how this reactor operates...  let me know if there's any other info I can get for you.

Edited by ss8913

Not sure if this has been brought up, since I don't have the patience to read through 137 pages of posts, but the EL.version file that exists in the latest build appears to point to a website (http://taniwha.org/~bill/EL.version) that doesn't exist.  I was wondering why there's a .version file yet it doesn't show up in AVC, I think this may be the reason.

ss8913: I guess check your logs for errors around the time you do the build. This is the first time I've heard of something not configuring itself properly when build with EL (at least without far worse things happening).

JJE64: I keep forgetting to upload it... I've done so now. I just hope I remember to do so in the future.

Hello,

Please tell me Module Manager now can confuse recipe or resource module processes?

I know we are trying to have less number of processes to make these recipes I havnt a clue where this is going.

I have a dead BIO resource production chain right now that I am still trying to get to work, and to think that MM is going to cause an issue with differnt types of module processes is not good; I dont feel this is a problem and I havnt looked at the new EL yet (or recipes?? for that matter).

I will get back here at some point.

Commander Zeta