So, I exceeded light speed?

Cim

So, here's light speed: 299 792 458 meters / second

And here is MY speed: 224 737 494 724 meters / second

I'm so sorry Einstein! I didn't mean to kick your equation's ass! ;.;

[EDIT]

Just incase anybody wants to know how, I set the ejection force of a decoupler to like 100000000000

[EDIT]

UoxEwsh.png

Edited by Cim

Based on the fact that you can perfectly control a probe anywhere in the game instantaneously, the speed of light in the Universe the Kerbals live in appears to be either infinite or extremely large.

Jool is about half an AU from Sun. It would take light about 4 minutes to do that normally, and at BEST it's fractions of a second here. So let's say it's actually 1/10th of a second (seems reasonable based on observation that that would be the upper limit) that's 1/600th of a minute or 2400 times the speed of light here. At LEAST.

Add that to the fact that physics there is Newtonian and not Relativistic...

Based on the fact that you can perfectly control a probe anywhere in the game instantaneously, the speed of light in the Universe the Kerbals live in appears to be either infinite or extremely large.

Jool is about half an AU from Sun. It would take light about 4 minutes to do that normally, and at BEST it's fractions of a second here. So let's say it's actually 1/10th of a second (seems reasonable based on observation that that would be the upper limit) that's 1/600th of a minute or 2400 times the speed of light here. At LEAST.

You, sir, put serious scientific effort into every thread you come across. I applaud you.

Well I got like 50 Gigameters from the Kerbol system in under a second so...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.