[Spoiler] Easter Egg Stocktake 1.1.3 Done

MalfunctionM1Ke

Spawn a 1-man lander can on the runway, there it is.

Those little lights also appear randomly on the surface of Moho, but with more brightness.

Or maybe it only happens on my install. :P

Well, I was able to land on Moho (my first time, too! :D) ...

mUL5TOB.png

...but I was unable to find any lights like the one from the lander can on the runway. (NOTE: I rolled the lander can a little bit away from the light, since the light spawns on the runway underneath it)

EELm2f3.png

Bill had landed near the equator, but I don't have the exact coordinates, as my flag seems to have disappeared after quickloading after taking off from the surface. :l oops.

Could you please provide us with a picture or two (as M1Ke requested)? I looked around day and night on Moho with and without timewarp going, looking for any lights. I didn't see any.

EDIT: Well, time to send a rover to Moho! :P

Edited by turkwinif

Papi, could you please provide us with a Screenshot? This catched my interest :)

I'm on it. :)

EDIT: turkwinif beat me. I've never been to Moho myself, but there was a thread about the Moho fairies (before April), in which somebody landed a rover on the equator and started roving to the North. Along the trip, he spotted lights like the one above this post, but they were double in size, and brighter. He even saw one floating about 10 meters above the ground.

Moho is a creepy place. :rolleyes:

Edited by astropapi1

I was wondering about the Magic Boulder. I landed on Ike and did an EVA report. "You see something flying rapidly overhead. You wonder what it is."

I had assumed this referred to the Magic Boulder, but a Google search revealed it had been gone since 0.18.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Almost everything seems nominal in .23.5

Here is what to mention nontheless while playing on high Ground detail:

Northern Monolith 35.5 , -74,9

Really hard to find, because only the top is sticking out of the Ground

Monolith south of the Armstrong Monumenton the Mun -9.8 , 25.9

Underground unless you set terrain detail to default.

Duna ist the SSTV Mountain. -66.1 , -160.7

SSTV-Sound/Signal is stuck underground and because you cant pan the camera there it is unfortunately gone.

Magic Boulder around Ike

Citiation needed. :)

Carl Sagan's Face on Tylo

Still gone :(

Cave Formation on Tylo 40.2 , 174

Still underground.

Edited by MalfunctionM1Ke

There's a little more to the dates on the science module. On the bottom left (below the 1998/ISS launch date) it actually reads "ISS", and on the bottom right (below the 1986/Mir Launch date), it reads "MNP" (with the "N" reversed). It's the Russian spelling of "Mir".

And check this thread for coolness related to the numbers after the date (don't necro!): http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/63155-Easter-EGG!!!

It might be worth updating the easter egg description, at least with the info in the tread above. The names at the bottom are pretty obvious.

Edited by Asmayus
added link to thread

There's a little more to the dates on the science module. On the bottom left (below the 1998/ISS launch date) it actually reads "ISS", and on the bottom right (below the 1986/Mir Launch date), it reads "MNP" (with the "N" reversed). It's the Russian spelling of "Mir".

And check this thread for coolness related to the numbers after the date (don't necro!): http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/63155-Easter-EGG!!!

It might be worth updating the easter egg description, at least with the info in the tread above. The names at the bottom are pretty obvious.

Oh wow, I didnt even know about the Norad Codes :)

I hate to be the one that reminisces, but I miss the days when every update brought us new easter eggs. One of the best times I had in KSP was when I hunted for all the Munoliths with the help of the forums. I had a thread where people gave me hints on where to find them. To find the southern Munolith I built a ship that carried six probes that I dropped unto the surface of Mun. It was awesome.

In the OP you say "this thread may be annoying for some" but the only time it annoys me is when I can't find it. Thanks for all your work in keeping this up to date :-)

Thanks for the nice words, Pecan.

It was hard work to put all this together. :)

I hate to be the one that reminisces, but I miss the days when every update brought us new easter eggs. One of the best times I had in KSP was when I hunted for all the Munoliths with the help of the forums. I had a thread where people gave me hints on where to find them. To find the southern Munolith I built a ship that carried six probes that I dropped unto the surface of Mun. It was awesome.

Amp, dont hate yourself for it. The Past is where our experiences come from.

I put this thread together for people that are unable to find the eastereggs they are looking for because some of them might be under ground or gone.

If people want to ignore this thread and go for a hunt on their own or want to stumble on them by occasion, I am absolutely fine with it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was just at the Monolith on minmus (exact coords and alt) but it was not there. Was not sure if i was having a glitch or not. also not sure it this is the right place to ask this as I am new to the forums but are the Easter eggs going to be worth science in the future?

Edit: It may be an issue with my computer as It is very difficult to see my lander from an sort of range

Is anyone els aware of the face on Eeloo? It's seen from orbit, the brown dirt from the planet make up the eyes, nose and mouth.

How do I post a picture, it only gives me the option to link but not upload.

Is anyone els aware of the face on Eeloo? It's seen from orbit, the brown dirt from the planet make up the eyes, nose and mouth.

I think that's Carl Sagan.

Also, why do you keep stealing zoacrystals, Apollyon?!??

I would like to see a Picture of this :)

You can upload them at imgur.com and use the link it gives you.

I was just at the Monolith on minmus (exact coords and alt) but it was not there. Was not sure if i was having a glitch or not. also not sure it this is the right place to ask this as I am new to the forums but are the Easter eggs going to be worth science in the future?

Edit: It may be an issue with my computer as It is very difficult to see my lander from an sort of range

There is an Option called "Terrain Detail" in the Options Menu. Different Settings tend to have the ground swallow the easter eggs and burry them under ground. Try to set the Details to high as I did and turn of Terrain Scatter (no more Rocks lying around).

This makes spotting Easter Eggs much easier :)

Also, why do you keep stealing zoacrystals, Apollyon?!??

For Science!!

I would like to see a Picture of this :)

You can upload them at imgur.com and use the link it gives you.

It's kinda funny, when I saw it I was kinda in denial. I was like "Is this just my imagination? Surely Eeloo can't have a big face plastered on the side of it" :( LOL

Here is a link for two images I took (please see both):

http://imgur.com/T1AUcDu,eWJBKLX#1

Edited by Apollyon

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.