[WIP] Cacteye Telescope v0.1 (2/1/14) - Modular, EVA-serviceable orbital telescope

Rubber Ducky

how wide is it? i wish to use it as a KH-11 and was wondering if it would fit in a 3.75 m fairing.

Looks like it is about 2.5m. So it should fit nicely in a 3.75m fairing.

There's a picture on the first page that has some other parts for scale.

Downloading now, does this include the ability to see ships far away like previously posted?

That'll be an entirely separate mod -- I just had to show it off somewhere because I was excited that it actually worked. I'll be working on that primarily now that I can take a break from this mod.

May have a bug with deploying ladder and opening bay door's on EVA they deploy or open and then reset but if your in the ship and deploy ladder and open doors all good there.

EDIT @Helix935 you have KAS and HULLCAM and ToolBar Mods ?

EDIT @aeTIos I liked the Kerbal One shuttle better then tiberdyne but there both great mods.

Edited by Mecripp2

Hope it will fit in the Kerbin Mini Shuttle :D

It won't it's to big the telescope is 2.5 and the shuttle cargo bay is 1.25. I'm going to use the kerbin mini shuttle to repair and upgrade the telescope

Edit:ninja'd

Edited by Mach_XXII
Ninja'd

May have a bug with deploying ladder and opening bay door's on EVA they deploy or open and then reset but if your in the ship and deploy ladder and open doors all good there.

EDIT @Helix935 you have KAS and HULLCAM and ToolBar Mods ?

well i have KAS, Toolbar, and Hullcam plus about roughly 67 other mods

Edit: wait not hullcam i was thinking of something else, i will download now that i just realized that the first post said that i needed it

Edited by Helix935

well i have KAS, Toolbar, and Hullcam plus about roughly 67 other mods

Was just asking because those you had to have and 67 mods hope most are just plugins and don't see how some can load so many big mods when the game is still max 3.8 g limit.

EDIT lol you might have found your limit. :wink:

EDIT Great to hear it's working for you. :D

Edited by Mecripp2

Was just asking because those you had to have and 67 mods hope most are just plugins and don't see how some can load so many big mods when the game is still max 3.8 g limit.

EDIT lol you might have found your limit. :wink:

actually i use texture reduction (basic), half texture quality (because i don't like how the loading icon looks at quarter or below) and it runs fine although the load time is long enough that i just play minecraft waiting

also i just loaded with hullcam now installed and it works

Impressive. Had a strange bug right after I "launched" it in my test save where none of the planets were drawing, even with cycling the UI as suggested. Went away next time I loaded the game. Works great now aside form the occasional flickering that was already an issue with HullCam/MuMech. Giving strong consideration to launching one of these in my main save to join the Zeus. (Too late to benefit from any science, though.)

Just to clarify: The only time I should need to have the KAS plugin installed is when servicing the module, correct? You're not compiled against it or using it as a dependency for the plugin, right?

Bug Report:

For some reason whenever i load this mod the loading screen would freeze when it starts loading the high processor

just so you know

this sometimes happens to any part even stock squad parts. when this happens remove the part thats not loading load up game. exit once get to start screen put part back in and start again.

for me 99% of the time this fixed the loading freeze.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.