The Grand KerbalKon discussion thread

SQUAD

A few weeks ago they said they had a "HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT" ... have they said anything yet about it?

EDIT: is it this? http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/12/kerbal-space-program-committed-to-multiplayer-career-and-sandbox-modes/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Edited by Caelib

It is not if you are from a decent part of the world :wink:

While that is true, you asked why others weren't here. For the vast majority of them, it's late at night on a school (or work) night.

EDIT: Har! I read "decent" as "different." As someone living in this indecent part of the world, I don't actually agree with you on that part :D

Edited by 5thHorseman

While that is true, you asked why others weren't here. For the vast majority of them, it's late at night on a school (or work) night.

Is that true? I thought the KSP community had a pretty good mix of Russian, European and American (note: all Americas) players, with some notable groups from other regions.

EDIT: Har! I read "decent" as "different." As someone living in this indecent part of the world, I don't actually agree with you on that part :D

I thought the people there might think differently :D

We Europeans are proudofmourselves and our time zones >:(

We are not some indecent part of the world, we have metric which is used in KSP so us Europeans at the most dedicated KSP players then?

Just kidding, KSP players of all kinds are great, there were so many fellow Russian speaking people on the stream, but forum rules don't allow using other languages in chat, a bit racist :(

Still good to know the whole world plays KSP not just a particular country.

One thing I noticed in the stream, someone said that Goo no longer resets after you transmit, to stop science spamming. I hope this won't apply to everything. It makes sense that the materials bay and Goo experiments only work once, but you should be able to check a reading from a thermometer anytime.

I like using them over and over again, not to spam for points, I just like doing things thoroughly.

Yep, if multiplayer was the "planet sized announcement" then I am a little dissapointed. Still very happy with the news so far though. Multiplayer is not my thing though, many devs try too hard these days to shoehorn it in and it takes some of the focus away from a great single player game.

One thing I noticed in the stream, someone said that Goo no longer resets after you transmit, to stop science spamming. I hope this won't apply to everything. It makes sense that the materials bay and Goo experiments only work once, but you should be able to check a reading from a thermometer anytime.

I hope that is not the only change. I thought science was grindy as it was, that would make it even worse.

I'm not that familiar with Twitch, so I'm probably doing something wrong...

I can't watch live due to rl stuff and not very convenient time zone differences, so I would like to watch some KerbalKon videos now, but I can't seem to find anything except ancient stuff and the current life stream.

I'd like to start at the beginning, with Harvesters 'What's coming in 0.23' (dec 12, 10-11am broadcast according to the schedule). Anyone have a link?

Or will the entire KerbalKon only come available after the entire event has passed and Squad crew had a chance to chop up all the parts?

Edited by OrtwinS

All of the streams are available as normal videos on twitch as soon as the stream is over.

http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/profile/pastBroadcasts

Thank you for that link, that was exactly what I was looking for. (If one clicks the 'load more' button several times eventually the KerbalKon 2013 opening of 18 hours past is view-able).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.