[1.0.2]HGR 1.875m parts(v1.3.0 released)

Orionkermin

Looking through the old mod, there's a lot that needs to be fixed and especially rebalanced. I feel it might be best if I just make time to handle getting this updated to 1.0 myself. And honestly I'm just not ready to let go, I put so much work into these old parts, I should be taking better care of them. Even if I am working to reboot the mod, that will take some time to accomplish fully.

Maybe I should even just start working the reboot parts into the main release, since so many new tanks and adapters are ready to go in the Dev version.

Happy to hear this, Orionkermin! I've always appreciated your work and vision on this mod. Frankly, you're the only one who could do it justice going forward anyway. :)

Looking through the old mod, there's a lot that needs to be fixed and especially rebalanced. I feel it might be best if I just make time to handle getting this updated to 1.0 myself. And honestly I'm just not ready to let go, I put so much work into these old parts, I should be taking better care of them. Even if I am working to reboot the mod, that will take some time to accomplish fully.

Maybe I should even just start working the reboot parts into the main release, since so many new tanks and adapters are ready to go in the Dev version.

Not fair to start the hype train like that, Orion, but I'll be a patient green space guy for now. :D

Can't wait! I need moar mods, preferably stock-alike.

Could you release "unofficial" dev versions so people could report bugs which will hopefully help you get things done faster?

meaning there is no 1.875 engines?

Correct. If Orionkermin's reboot will take awhile I can go through the legacy HGR parts. For now this was scratching an itch as I use the 1.875m tanks with the Skipper from Ven's stock revamp. It has just about the right thrust for a 1.875m heavy.

Here is the code for the three main engines. I'll do the command pods next, but not the soyjus ones as they need more than a node adjustment.

/////// Engines
@PART[G90] { @node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.967, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}
@PART[HGRG47b] { @node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.626, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}
@PART[G120] { @node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.175, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}

legacy hgr looks like stock parts but redux look like Ven's revamp I think there might be a case to maintain the legacy parts for those who don't want to miss match their styles. I'll give the legacy tanks a pass and throw up my results as soon as I can

Here is the code for the three main engines. I'll do the command pods next, but not the soyjus ones as they need more than a node adjustment.

This will fix the attachment issues but they engines will be OP in the new atmospheric model.

This will fix the attachment issues but they engines will be OP in the new atmospheric model.

Well, like, ya. Everything in stages. Now that the engines are functional I'll take a look at mapping them against similar stock models.

Here is engines plus pods, enough to get things functional.

/////// Engines
@PART[G90] {@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.967, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}
@PART[HGRG47b] {@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.626, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}
@PART[G120] {@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.175, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}

/////// Pods
@PART[Spud] {
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.76, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0
@node_stack_bottom2 = 0.0, -0.54, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0}
@PART[Radish] {@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.5, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1}
@PART[HGR_Leek] {@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.735, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0}
@PART[PumpkinLanderCabin] {@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.577, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}

Hey just stopped by the thread. Thanks for all the help guys, I've been pretty much working on updating the mod all day so I've already actually done a balance pass on all the engines(Will still need more refinement I'm sure) I've integrated all the stuff I already have finished in HGR Redux including the new version of the G-90. I've gotten a rescaled stock fairing base working as well as added stock procedural fairings to the Heavy escape tower. So now your payload can vary and still have a soyuz style abort. The old fairings caused a lot of phantom drag so I'm going to drop them in favor of the stock type. The heatshield now has Ablator and works with stock reentry heating. I have the beginning stages of the 2 man green soyjuice in.

I'm working on the chutes right now, and will moving to tech tree reintegration after that. I'm doing my best to get an initial release out today and will just plan to patch it further in another week or so, based on feedback and further testing.

If someone wants to keep the legacy parts around just hit me up with a download and I'll be happy to add it to the OP.

I'll get back to you guys in a bit when I figure out what's going on with chutes. :/

Polite me: Take your time with the release. Get it right and don't loose any sleep.

Sunday afternoon spent waiting for favorite mods to update me: Need parts now! Drop all life and work 24/7 without pay to finish this mod!

Anyway, here is my balance pass on the engine ISPs. I;m having serious trouble getting MM to alter the G47b engine. I think it doesn't like the "key 0.5" middle key on the atmo curve. I cannot find the correct syntax for that decimal.

/////// Engines
@PART[G90] {
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.967, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
{
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 340
@key,1 = 1 270
}
}
}

@PART[G120] {
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.175, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
{
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 320
@key,1 = 1 270
}
}
}

@PART[HGRG47b] {
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.626, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
{
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 360
@key,0.5 = 0.5 300
@key,1 = 1 90
}
}
}

/////// Pods
@PART[Spud] {
@PART[PumpkinLanderCabin] {@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.577, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}

Bleh I don't know what I've done wrong MM wizardry is not one of my schools of magic. I couldn't get the legacy parts to work when I tested this script :confused:

//Legacy fueltanks
@Part[fuelTankHuge] {@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -2.8, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}
@Part[fuelTankLarge] {@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.4, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}
@Part[fuelTankNormal] {@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.7, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}
@Part[fuelTankShort] {@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.35, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}

//Legacy Structural
@Part[stackDecoupler1.875] {@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.096, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}
@Part[LargeFlatAdapter] {@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.143, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}
@Part[SmallFlatAdapter] {@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.071, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}
@Part[SmallTallAdapter] {@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.5, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}
@Part[LargeTallAdapter] {@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.75, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}

//Legacy Areo
@Part[HGR_noseCone] {@node_stack_bottom01 = 0.0, -0.175, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}
@Part[1.875mNoseCone] {@node_stack_bottom01 = 0.0, -2.44, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2}

Polite me: Take your time with the release. Get it right and don't loose any sleep.

Sunday afternoon spent waiting for favorite mods to update me: Need parts now! Drop all life and work 24/7 without pay to finish this mod!

Anyway, here is my balance pass on the engine ISPs. I;m having serious trouble getting MM to alter the G47b engine. I think it doesn't like the "key 0.5" middle key on the atmo curve. I cannot find the correct syntax for that decimal.

/////// Engines
@PART[G90] {
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.967, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
{
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 340
@key,1 = 1 270
}
}
}

@PART[G120] {
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.175, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
{
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 320
@key,1 = 1 270
}
}
}

@PART[HGRG47b] {
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.626, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
{
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 360
@key,0.5 = 0.5 300
@key,1 = 1 90
}
}
}

/////// Pods
@PART[Spud] {

I had to delete that line because it was getting some kind of NaN bug.

I also changed the mass and thrust in addition to ISP so my values might be slightly different.

I'll try to compare yours to mine, but I might wait until after this initial 1.0 release just to get a compatible version out to the masses.

Why did the soy-juice service module have a dry mass of 0.4? Holy OP batman. :confused:

I decreased the max fuel for it as well.

I got chutes working by forcing custom drag cubes... note that this may require that you delete your parts database and reboot KSP for this to take effect. I'll more detailed information about this when I update the installation instructions.

Moving on to tech tree integration.

Edit: @Passinglurker

you might want to just run through the actual .cfgs and change them manually. If people really want the legacy tanks I can throw up a DL for them, but not today. :)

Edited by Orionkermin

OK I'm putting up a link for a beta version of what I've been working on. I don't think I'm going to be working on this anymore today, but let me know what you guys think if you give it a try. If feedback is positive, i'll make an official update. Thanks everyone!

Download: .rar]http://www./download/jlkclfrzxm3yckv/HGR_V1.2.0_[beta].rar

Thank you so much Orionkermin, when HRG stopped working in 1.0 I considered reventing to .90 but was able to get it working in 1.0...sort of. I'm at work (on break) right now and I'll install and run it through its paces when I get home. KSP without the Spud, radish and soyjuice is bland.

are there versions of the old craft files that have been updated, or just new craft files???

thanks for all of the work..

cheers.

No sorry none in that dev version I posted. I just haven't gotten time to put any together and there was higher priorities. I'll do my best to get a few put together for the actual update.

If you don't already know, parachutes requires a line in their PART{} section of "bodyLiftMultiplier = 0". This fixes the 45* angled hang gliders of death.

Aye, I've added it to them in the dev version I posted a page or so back. Along with custom drag cubes as well. Actually I noticed it from the other thread you posted in, so thanks! :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.