[1.0.2]HGR 1.875m parts(v1.3.0 released)

Orionkermin

So does anybody knows how to fix the soyjuice service module bug where you open the engine and the doors go nuts by closing and opening by themselves and also shutting the engine down really fast

Sounds like an issue that an older version of the BDanimation plug-in had. Make sure to check your installation and possibly re-download/re-install. If even that doesn't work you can always delete the plug-in, you'll just have to open the service module's engine cover manually by right clicking.

For those that don't follow the R&D thread I've just released the first Dev build for the HGR reboot. It's fully compatible with the current version of HGR, but features much better looking tanks, adapters, and nose cones.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

If you're interested in giving it a try or want to know more information check out the HGR R&D thread.

Seems like there's an issue with MM and the integrated antenna on the Soy Juice solar panels. When MM is in the Game Data, I can't extend or use the antenna at all..right clicking doesn't show any options for it either in flight (strangely enough it shows the extend option while in the VAB but it doesn't respond to commands, and outside the VAB there's simply no options for it). Craft in flight doesn't register any antenna on craft. I double checked for multiple instances of MM in sub folders and I came up clean..and when I removed the primary MM from Game Data, the panels return to their full function.

Seems like there's an issue with MM and the integrated antenna on the Soy Juice solar panels. When MM is in the Game Data, I can't extend or use the antenna at all..right clicking doesn't show any options for it either in flight (strangely enough it shows the extend option while in the VAB but it doesn't respond to commands, and outside the VAB there's simply no options for it). Craft in flight doesn't register any antenna on craft. I double checked for multiple instances of MM in sub folders and I came up clean..and when I removed the primary MM from Game Data, the panels return to their full function.

Yup just checked it out. Seems my remote tech patch is not applying itself only when remote tech is installed. I don't know how I managed to mess that up, but deleting that patch will fix the issue.

• 1 month later...

Hello to all.

I have been trying to get this mod to work, but I am running into problems during the load.

[LOG 14:14:15.224] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HGR/Parts/Engines/G90/part/G90'

[ERR 14:14:15.228] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture as cannot find texture 'Model000' to replace

[ERR 14:14:15.229] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture as cannot find texture 'Model001' to replace

[ERR 14:14:15.230] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture as cannot find texture 'Model002' to replace

[ERR 14:14:15.231] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture as cannot find texture 'Model004' to replace

for example...

I have uploaded the ksp.log and output_log.txt to https://www.dropbox.com/sh/krqde1vi7bjog4v/AABbGLzAm6RWpamb47KBtKg1a?dl=0

I run many different ksp setups, from massive modded to simple test setups and I get these same errors....

again, thanks for any help.

Hmm if it's not finding textures my first thought is that the mod may not be installed in the correct path. Are some parts loading and others not? If so then double check that the path is KSP>GameData>HGR>etc.

If this doesn't fix the problem let me know and I'll figure something else out.

Looking at the log file I see this...

"E:\Kerbal_Space_Program\ksp-win-0-90-0\421_KSP_HGR\GameData\HGR\Parts\Utility\Decoupler\Placeholder.tga'"

Is that an extra directory in there?

Shouldn't it be "\ksp-win-0-90-0\GameData\" rather than "\ksp-win-0-90-0\421_KSP_HGR\GameData\" ?

And I'm glad to see this mod is still alive. For me these 1,8m parts are key to playing at the 64k scale. I'm currently playing with the new tanks atop the old engines.

Edited by Sandworm

The "421..." designates the base address for my setup(s). same as ksp-win would be. The flow from GameData down is standard.

As I have several, over 20' test installations, this just keeps them easier to keep straight.

I don't play with Ven's stock revamp. (I know heresy hssss) But, I noticed this line in the log:

[ModuleManager] Applying node VenStockRevamp/Part Revamp-PathPatches/@PART[*]:FINAL to HGR/Parts/Engines/G90/partG47/HGRG47b

Do you know what this MM patch is applying? since it mentions "Path Patches" I wonder if it is messing with the MODEL{} in the cfg?

And I'm glad to see this mod is still alive. For me these 1,8m parts are key to playing at the 64k scale. I'm currently playing with the new tanks atop the old engines.

Still alive, I've just had a lot going on IRL and haven't anything new to show or mention in the R&D thread for a couple weeks. Hoping to get at least something actually finished this weekend, and get at least some form of update out for HGR Redux, including the new G90 and part re-balances. I have a few things that are half finished so we'll see what I can get done.

Re 64k scale: I noticed that several people who use it tend to also include HGR, it must smooth out the curve up to 2.5m parts well? Actually one of the reasons I lengthened the radial tanks in the reboot was so they would look better on launchers built for this scale.

Re 64k scale: I noticed that several people who use it tend to also include HGR, it must smooth out the curve up to 2.5m parts well? Actually one of the reasons I lengthened the radial tanks in the reboot was so they would look better on launchers built for this scale.

There is certainly a gap. Getting anything into a 64k orbit with 1.25m parts is very difficult without asparagus staging.

The whole "coast to apoapsis" doesn't really happen as much with the larger kerbins. A good launch will see the core stage burn out just as the orbit circulatizes. So after the initial boost (twr of 1.5ish) you don't much care about thrust ratio as you have plenty of time to orbit (4+ minutes). In the early game the 1,8m tanks are great for those longer-burning cores.

Later, the 1.8 size fits perfectly inside 2.5m fairings. That really reduces drag, allowing for shallower/more-efficient launches to low orbit. The 64k kerbin requires 7000->7500m/s to get into orbit. But the atmosphere ends at only 92km, not much higher than stock. If you are aiming for a low/efficient orbit prior to transfer or rendezvous with something higher, you need a shallow assent. That means lots more time accelerating through the upper atmosphere rather than in vacuum. Aerodynamics really count. Not resorting to an oversized fairing makes a big difference. (Booo to all those cheating with tweakscale and procedural fairings. Boooo!)

ZYSkGrjb.pngJw6936xb.pngT6367Jhb.pngX11th7Eb.png7XSHQ5Bb.png

I'll try to get some better pics over the weekend.

Edited by Sandworm

Looks like I have found the 'issue'...

I did not remove Sandworm's RF config and I have not been using realfuels for this latest set of tests / versions. The ksp.out log shows that the resource MMH is not to be found (no RF ) and it hangs.

When I remove or comment out the HGR.cfg all loads. The warnings about the model files still exists, but the load does not hang.

@Sandworm, if possible could you add checks to see if RF is even loaded? If not, I will give it a bash... I know it makes no sense to load the .cfg if RF is not loaded, but when trouble shooting and if you remove RF and forget the .cfg this lockup hits... To few braincells on my end to remember all of the dependencies.

Thanks to all for any and all help...

Coffee break is over, time to get back on my head.

EDIT: Ok, here is my version of an updated config that will check to make sure RealFuels is present or it will do nothing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhddxss9yrk2lrn/MM_for_HGR_modified.cfg?dl=0

cheers.

Edited by drtedastro

The whole "coast to apoapsis" doesn't really happen as much with the larger kerbins. A good launch will see the core stage burn out just as the orbit circulatizes. So after the initial boost (twr of 1.5ish) you don't much care about thrust ratio as you have plenty of time to orbit (4+ minutes).

Stock scale Kerbin with FAR gets that too, just not as much. With FAR on 2.5x Kerbin, I almost always follow the profile that you described.

Hello to all.

I have been trying to get this mod to work, but I am running into problems during the load.

Sorry for posting on a week old question: The problem is the config file lists "Model000" etc, but the textures are "model000" etc. Capitalization of the files matters in the config files, even if Windows doesn't care.

What happened to the progress pod?
I wondered about that too. It was pretty nice.

Oh it was never really fleshed out so I never put it in the release version. You can still get it from the Development version in the R&D thread. (The old development version not the reboot)

Oh it was never really fleshed out so I never put it in the release version. You can still get it from the Development version in the R&D thread. (The old development version not the reboot)

Alright, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I just wanted to say that Dev-build parts are gorgeous. I use them more and more, even when I don't particularly need 1.875m parts. You have done a great job there.

Thank you, and I should be getting back to continuing my work on them in the near future. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.