[1.0.2]HGR 1.875m parts(v1.3.0 released)

Orionkermin

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Orion, did you know that the Gemini "Big G" crew compartment from FASA fits really well with your pod? I made a Big G interplanetary ship earlier:

gIGMC5k.png

I know you've got a bunch of stuff you're working on, but maybe you could consider making your own Big G crew compartment? Perhaps based on the Pumpkin lander? I don't mean to pester, but Big G is my favorite alternate history spacecraft!

Edited by DGatsby
correction

Hey Orion, did you know that the Gemini "Big G" crew compartment from FASA fits really well with your pod? I made a Big G interplanetary ship earlier:

http://i.imgur.com/gIGMC5k.png

I know you've got a bunch of stuff you're working on, but maybe you could consider making your own Big G crew compartment? Perhaps based on the Pumpkin lander? I don't mean to pester, but Big G is my favorite alternate history spacecraft!

Hey that's not a bad fit, nice. I've thought about making a Big R and others have asked for it. Maybe when I've got more of the other stuff I'm working on finished I'll do one.

I see a lot of potential for widening the view, basically could you make the windows larger?

Gnmv41f.png

Also if you could make the hatch a little bigger I don't know how the heck the Kerbals squeeze through that.

Besides that The Radish is my 'go to' ship.

• 1 month later...

Dunno if anyone else has done this, but for those who wanted this 2 man to be more "Gemini", here's what I managed with Procedural Fairings:

screenshot37_zps10062b21.png

The aft section contains RCS tanks, a Fuel tank, 3 rocket engines, a battery, and a Mechjeb. The nose cone has a Jr docking port, RealChute parachute, and there are 4 single point RCS motors at 45 degree angles fore and aft.

Edited by tg626

Dunno if anyone else has done this, but for those who wanted this 2 man to be more "Gemini", here's what I managed with Procedural Fairings:

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r568/PA626/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/screenshot37_zps10062b21.png

The aft section contains RCS tanks, a Fuel tank, 3 rocket engines, and a Mechjeb. The nose cone has a Jr docking port, RealChute parachute, and there are 4 single point RCS motors at 45 degree angles fore and aft.

Nice ^^ If you're looking to use the radish gemini style I'd advise you to check out the R&D (beta) version of this mod. (Link in sig) In it the radish has been redone to use different specialized decouplers instead of auto shrouds. The largest decoupler acts as a service module with fuel and monopropellant stored inside. The pack also includes an inline chute that woks well for both the mk1 pod and radish to do mercury and gemini respectively and is realchute compatable.

I'm conservative about adding mods, but it looks good and I'll keep it in mind.

Might be worth mentioning, the capsule as shown still needs a tapered adapter to fit the next size up stock parts. It stays attached to the final stage of my launcher and so it isn't shown.

Fair enough, the R&D version will eventually be brought over to the main release, but the new file structure I use in it makes it easy to delete unwanted parts.

Since I'm posting in this thread, I should mention, if anyone uses RasterPropMonitors the R&D version is upgraded to support the newer RPM release.

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r568/PA626/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/screenshot37_zps10062b21.png

The aft section contains RCS tanks, a Fuel tank, 3 rocket engines, a battery, and a Mechjeb. The nose cone has a Jr docking port, RealChute parachute, and there are 4 single point RCS motors at 45 degree angles fore and aft.

That looks very similiar to my Radish basedVA capsule for the LKS. This uses the SM module Orionkermin mentions and procedural parts.

Uxi2lE0.png

Hi..Mr. Orionkermin.

I'm a fan of your Radish pod.

got a request here..i know its a bit petty...but i think the IVA needs to have joysticks.

doesn't the seat by default comes with joysticks?

thank you in advance.

The default seats aren't props so I don't actually have access to them. The good news is that the seats I made over in the Beta(R&D) version of this mod, have control sticks. This version will hopefully be getting an update around Monday-ish.

The default seats aren't props so I don't actually have access to them. The good news is that the seats I made over in the Beta(R&D) version of this mod, have control sticks. This version will hopefully be getting an update around Monday-ish.

Look at Tantares mod or Habitat Pack. Both use stock seats.

And one more bug: you have `FlighSeat` and `FlightSeat2` props in HGR 1.0 pack but only `FlightSeat2` is used.

I mentioned in the other thread, but I should post it here, if you're already using the beta version you might want to stick with it. It has a few more WIP parts that aren't here yet and it'll continue to be the first place I release anything new. Thanks everyone. :)

@Shaw:

The seats are still a part of the model in the stock pods rather than actual props. I kinda like that I have my own seat anyway though. Thanks for letting me know that the old one is still there though, I'll have to get rid of it.

I love the Radish pod. It really fills a hole in the game.

gHZIiDA.png?1

I do wonder about the texture, though. It just looks unfinished to me. I darkened the top half to match the bottom because it bothered me.

Edited by razark

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.