[1.0.2]HGR 1.875m parts(v1.3.0 released)

Orionkermin

Doing some testing and playing around with the service module version.

2014-02-24_00005_zps19d8a8c0.jpg

Reentered facing prograde, turned off SAS and the pod righted itself. Unfortunately I'll have to make the small shroud into it's own part because I had to bring the node in closer to get the pod stabilized. Once I get that up and working I'll put it up on the R&D thread for testing.

Nope, Tweakable Everything does NOT allow for editing nodes.

Figured it was a long shot, oh well.

Just wanted to drop by and say how awesome this is. I love the style and I hope to see more of the same.

Thanks, I admire your work greatly, so it means a lot.:)

Edit: OK I've added a download link for the test version to the OP of the R&D thread http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67164-HGR-R-D-Thread?p=927510#post927510

Edited by Orionkermin

The only thing I dislike is how it's almost too similar to the Gemini pod.

EDIT: I've played it, and I love the custom fairings and the way in which you have 2 spacecraft setups in a single part.

Edited by Javster

OK, I did some testing, and I'm not able to reproduce the suddenly-appearing-2.5m-fairing with a near-stock configuration.

I can however rule out Kerbal Joint Reinforcement because even with that removed the same thing happens.

Going to try the new config files now...

EDIT: I've played it, and I love the custom fairings and the way in which you have 2 spacecraft setups in a single part.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'm a bit sad that the whole double node thing is what's causing the incompatibility issues with FAR.

OK, I did some testing, and I'm not able to reproduce the suddenly-appearing-2.5m-fairing with a near-stock configuration.

I can however rule out Kerbal Joint Reinforcement because even with that removed the same thing happens.

Going to try the new config files now...

O.K. Best of luck to you, I'm sorry I haven't had time to set up an install with the same mods you use in order to test it out on my end. At least after the next time I update the shrouds will be their own parts, so this will be a non issue. (Of course that doesn't help with this flight)

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'm a bit sad that the whole double node thing is what's causing the incompatibility issues with FAR.

You can set up a custom drag model for FAR, if you want. It will ignore the nodes then. From the FAR readme:

Other Drag (not normally needed; only for very strange objects)---------------------------
MODULE
{
name = FARBasicDragModel
S = 1 //Surface Area
upVectorName = up //takes up, forward, right as arguments; used to set 0 for curves below; defaults to up
CdCurve //Drag coefficient at various angles
{
key = -1 0 //backwards
key = 0 0.3 //sideways
key = 1.0 0 //forwards
}
ClCurve
{
key = -1 0 //Lift coefficient
key = -0.5 -0.03
key = 0 0
key = 0.5 0.03
key = 1 0
}
CmCurve //Moment coefficient
{
key = -1 0
key = -0.5 -0.01 //keeping angle and moment signs the same results in pitch instability; it will try to flip over
key = 0 0 //making them opposite signs results in pitch stability; it will try to angle fully forward
key = 0.5 0.01
key = 1 0
}
}

I think there's been some update with one of the curves, I'd have to check ferram's code again... But, it should work.

Oh, and I really enjoy the pods! Thanks!

O.K. Best of luck to you, I'm sorry I haven't had time to set up an install with the same mods you use in order to test it out on my end. At least after the next time I update the shrouds will be their own parts, so this will be a non issue. (Of course that doesn't help with this flight)

No probs - this seems to be a very strange issue, and if I'm the only one it's happening to, probably not that common. In any case, if it's going to be irrelevant from the next version then it probably makes sense to make that as good as it can be rather than tracking down weird bugs.

btw, I really like the idea of turning the shrouds into service modules - it should allow for some elegant designs.

You can set up a custom drag model for FAR, if you want. It will ignore the nodes then.

Thanks, I'll look into this more! I might still change the 2.5m fairing into a service module though, as it is kind of fun and allows for some more interesting construction. Maybe I can give it it's own auto-shroud on top so it'll work with the mk1 pod too... hmm.

That's actually one thing I like about it. I used Gemini capsules for two-man craft back before I took my KSP hiatus and they worked great, but I was always bugged by the fact that they felt a bit "off" next to the stock parts, not quite matching despite the fact that I love the Gemini aesthetic. This little pod lets me have the best of both worlds.

Thanks, I'll look into this more! I might still change the 2.5m fairing into a service module though, as it is kind of fun and allows for some more interesting construction. Maybe I can give it it's own auto-shroud on top so it'll work with the mk1 pod too... hmm.

Oooh, that would be cool, something for smaller craft as an analog to the Mk. 1-2's SDHI service module would be neat.

I really love both of the pods. They fit with the stock parts nicely while providing a little extra flexibility when designing.

Well, I like the 2-steats capsule and it's texture. The look of the spherical pod is interesting but I don't like the texture very much. But it is still good stuff !

I'm actually of the opposite opinion. I absolutely love the spherical pod and texture, but I'm I little meh about the 2-seater texture. It's well done, just not my style.

Guess what? I get it :D

Home Grown Rocket parts, and you name them after vegetables. Brilliant :cool:

Wondering if there will be any more capsules in this series. Perhaps a tomatoe, cantaloupe or a cucumber.

• 1 month later...

I think I have done something wrong...

For me, the command pods can't enter IVA mode, and when I try to get crew members out, the game goes really weird.

Is there any way I can fix this? (Awesome looking modules, though. Real nice stuff).

I think I have done something wrong...

For me, the command pods can't enter IVA mode, and when I try to get crew members out, the game goes really weird.

Is there any way I can fix this? (Awesome looking modules, though. Real nice stuff).

Hmm hard to say without more information. Sounds a little like the "spaces" folder might not have been installed correctly. Have you tried deleting the mod and re-installing? Make sure the HGR folder is in gamedata. Inside HGR there should be folders for the pods as well as one marked spaces.

If that doesn't fix it, I'm not entirely sure what's causing it.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.