[1.0.2]HGR 1.875m parts(v1.3.0 released)

Orionkermin

If we want a Gemini capsule then FASA has us covered, this pod should NOT evolve into that, some of us just want a stockalike 2-man pod. and the 1-man pod doesn't exactly have the greatest view now does it......

To be honest, all stock pods have bad visibility. That doesn't mean this mod has to have it too.

that is a poor argument/

1/10 almost made me upset.

.. but seriously, I wouldn't mind being able to actually see whats in front of me from IVA view.

Neither would I, however with a mod already doing Gemini I think astropapi1 could've found some different pictures to use to get his point across.....

Let us recall that a major mission of the Gemini program was testing rendezvous and docking so a better forward IVA was not needed by the Mercury capsule and the 1 Kerbal pod followed that design. A better forward IVA is needed to make an efficient piloted docking craft but a periscope or forward camera display in the IVA would also suffice. The 1960's space programs were very analog based and KSP career mode seems to be well into the digital age even at the starting levels.

Hi, as thanks to everyone's encouragement and support I have decided to release a preview of my first update. Hopefully this will help you wait for the KSP .23 release. The official update will come as soon as I get to test and tune the pod under .23 conditions. Please enjoy, and thank you everyone for your support and feedback, without it I would not have been able to accomplish this.

Download: http://www./download/e13rz7a2iqq8rlb/RadPreview.rar

P.S. Don't worry about the position of the bottom stack node, just stick something onto it and see what happens. ;-) Have fun and here's looking forward to .23!

Just in case: All rights reserved Orionkermin (HGR)

Hi, as thanks to everyone's encouragement and support I have decided to release a preview of my first update. Hopefully this will help you wait for the KSP .23 release. The official update will come as soon as I get to test and tune the pod under .23 conditions. Please enjoy, and thank you everyone for your support and feedback, without it I would not have been able to accomplish this.

Download: http://www./download/e13rz7a2iqq8rlb/RadPreview.rar

P.S. Don't worry about the position of the bottom stack node, just stick something onto it and see what happens. ;-) Have fun and here's looking forward to .23!

Just in case: All rights reserved Orionkermin (HGR)

Nice, any new visual stuff(new textures etc.)? If so could you make screenshot as I can't play right now but really wnat to see how that new version is looking like :D

Nice, any new visual stuff(new textures etc.)? If so could you make screenshot as I can't play right now but really wnat to see how that new version is looking like :D

Sorry I posted this right before I left for work myself, but to answer your question yes new textures and geometry. There will be screenshots in the official release though.

I wouldn't use the patch code for RasterPropMonitor that I did, the props in IVA are moved around. I won't do MFD's until final version is released, don't want to do it on a test version, where things can change.

The pod itself is nicely redone. Whatever you attach to bottom will taper to pod, this is pretty nice. The only downside I see, is a player won't be able to use heatshield with deadly reentry. Even that isn't a problem, all a player would have to do is add Ablative Shielding to part.

Something like this:

@PART[Radish]
{
@maxTemp = 1800

MODULE

{

name = ModuleHeatShield

direction = 0, -1, 0

// bottom of pod

reflective = 0.05
// 5% of heat is ignored at correct angle

ablative = AblativeShielding

loss

{ // loss is based on the shockwave temperature (also based on density)

key = 650 0 // start ablating at 650 degrees C

key = 1000 320 // peak ablation at 1000 degrees C

key = 3000 400 // max ablation at 3000 degrees C

}

dissipation

{ // dissipation is based on the part's current temperature

key = 300 0 // begin ablating at 300 degrees C

key = 500 90 // maximum dissipation at 500 degrees C

}

}

RESOURCE

{

name = AblativeShielding

amount = 250

maxAmount = 250

}
}

screenshot5_zpsfc13509d.png

screenshot4_zps9844e5bd.png

Yeah so the new Pod looks really nice, blends with stock stuff really well. Nicely done!

Yeah it is. I have been using LES systems since 0.17. They really are useful now in career mode. I have another modified one for the Mk1-2 pod. FASA LES you don't have to steer the pod when hit abort button. The pod will pitch and flip on its on, you just have to make sure to turn SAS off or any auto pilot stuff.

I also use the LES in KSPX, that one is really nice, but you have to add a code on end so it can decouple. I ended up taking the stock KSP sepertron and using it as another part. I make it smaller so I could put on the LES in KSPX. This way it can auto pitch me out of way of rocket below.

I also had to add attach nodes to stock single parachute and the larger mk1-2 chute, so that I can attach FASA tower on it. The KSPX works good if you put it on docking port and put a smaller decoupler that separates both ends in the docking port. Once that is done you can put LES on top and it is flush with capsule.

That looks gorgeous, will be able to test it now myself finally. Great work Orionkermin and thanks for the Screenshots crow. By the way is that the Mercury LES from FASA pack?
Edited by therealcrow999

Is this supposed to be the final version for now? Because it would be nice if therealcrow999 could remake the mfd config for this pod

Just for a week or so, but I don't blame therealcrow for wanting to wait. I'm hoping to add MFD in the official release, but don't forget that this time of year can be really busy for people.

I know I said I wasn't going to add RasterPropMonitor to current build of this mod. Since it doesn't take me long to put MFD's in IVA's, I decided to do it anyways.

Just remember Home Grown Rocket parts(HGR) Stock alike 2 man pod IVA will most likely change in future, so this code patch I am adding here is for the Dec. 17 build. I will update and change the placement of the MFD's in future if needed to reposition, due to changes in model of IVA or placements of props.

Here is link for RasterPropMonitor if no one knows what that mod is yet:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603-0-23-RasterPropMonitor-make-your-IVA-a-glass-cockpit-%28v0-11b%29-18-Dec

This patch code is fore Module Manager 1.5:

@PART[Radish]
{
MODULE
{
name = JSIInternalPersistence
}
}

@INTERNAL[Radish]
{
MODULE
{
name = InternalCameraTargetHelper
}

PROP
{
name = RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD
position = -0.2504817,0.2107841,-0.07583074
rotation = -0.2461533,0,0,0.9692309
scale = 0.4849713,0.4849713,0.4849713
}

PROP
{
name = RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD
position = 0.250348,0.210784,-0.075831
rotation = -0.246153,0,0,0.969231
scale = 0.484971,0.484971,0.484971
}
}

Like always here is a screen shot:

screenshot4_zps71d5120f.png

screenshot5_zps5d89feb7.png

Thanks and enjoy!

Edited by therealcrow999

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.