updates for kerbal ( im new )

deflekta

hey guys,

Ive played Kerbal before and ive really enjoyed it. But now that it has gone on sale on the official website and Steam im going to buy it.

I was just wondering which is better to get it of ? steam or official website ?

will i get updates till the full release ? ive read this https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/terms.php and it mentions that the updates only apply to the people that got it before the may of 2013.

what do you guys recommend ?

Get it from the website ( bit cheaper) or steam ?:huh:

The link you provided only talks about any Expansion packs, released after the main game is finished (which may or may not happen) The full game will be free to update after you buy it, all the way to the final release. You can get it from either one. If you want the convenience of steam and automatic updates, go for that. If you want it to be cheaper (for a few more hours) or not to rely on steam servers go for the website. Unfortunately the website does get a bit slow and difficult to download from when an update is released.

DON'T GET IT ON STEAM!!!! - My biased opinion using steam before, If you buy it on steam you will never get it to work without steam. Once its bought there, you cannot remove it from steam. I would definitely buy it off the website and if wanted add it to games. Yes I do use steam and that is what I'm getting this information from :P

The slower website when an update comes out is a small downside to being able to move KSP around outside of steam.

Hope this helps!

Yes, you can play Steam version even when servers are down. As for the transfer - no it is not possible.

By transfer what are you referring to? Steam as in adding it to my games from website download, or moving KSP to another save location outside of steam?

I'm not sure about you guys, but I don't like logging every time and adding 30+ seconds to running KSP.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Or just keep it on a USB rive and have it available anywhere. Steam or not. Don't take me wrong Steam is awesome! I just highly prefer KSP and non-steam games not on steam. I don't like logging in to play a game every time.

Thread moved to the welcome section, since that seems where it would be most appropriate. deflekta, the game should work pretty much the same way through either purchasing method, though I believe the guys at Squad keep a bit more of the price if you go get it straight from the KSP store.