Docking ports problem

Hey everyone,

Since few hours im trying to connect my two space station parts. So far i managed to connect a main docking port to side docking port.

But i cannot connect two MAIN's (like on the picture).

Is it somehow related to the dock ports covers? Can those two even be connected?

Im doing docking manually. And yes, i do remember about setting the target and controlling from a point. Wierd thing is, when i managed to connect main port from vessel 1 to side port from vessel 5, just before connection i had to open the shield, otherwise it didn't work :S.

10gjy88.jpg

As people are saying it looks almost like there is something small stuck in the docking port. From my own experence I have one suspicion - when you turned on symmetry you may have accidently ended up with two docking ports overlapping each other on either 2 or 4 of the side mounting points. I've encountered that unintentional duplication/clipping before with the hub part. Is there any kind of shimmering on the docking port, particularly when you move the camera? If so there is almost certainly a part clipped inside the docking port that is interfering.

Here are two pictures :

27z9fgw.jpg

2eehe1w.jpg

I have two station parts like this, pretty similiar. I want to connect them with front docking ports.

What about the "docking bug"? I looked into the savefile and some of the ports have "docked" status even tho, they're not docked.

Edited by Chantaz

Snip

What about the "docking bug"? I looked into the savefile and some of the ports have "docked" status even tho, they're not docked.

You could try clearing that and see if that fixes the issue, I can see no problem with your port setup (If you would like you can post the craft file and we can see what's going on)

I've rebuild the station and now it's working, it works with regular port (not covered).

Somehow i couldn't connect the covered ones together. No idea why, maybe it was happening because of the batteries. Oh well, thanks everyone ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.