[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

Yup, I was looking at that. When I implemented hatches... all parts were docking ports... kinda boring, and it made more sense to identify the part it was attached to... however, with panels, lights and antennas, the name can actually be helpful. I'll make that change in the next release.

Thanks!~

I think, the following format would be useful:

%antenna_name% on %parent_part_name%

And just skip parent naming, if it's "unknown"

I think, the following format would be useful:

%antenna_name% on %parent_part_name%

And just skip parent naming, if it's "unknown"

Here are 2 samples with different spacing. I word wrap the part name and the parent part name as it is easier to read. check out the spacing and let me know which seems better.

40 pix spacing...

9OW8Dsl.png

50 pix spacing...

AodnClu.png

Here are 2 samples with different spacing. I word wrap the part name and the parent part name as it is easier to read. check out the spacing and let me know which seems better.

40 pix spacing...

http://i.imgur.com/9OW8Dsl.png

50 pix spacing...

http://i.imgur.com/AodnClu.png

I think, 40 pix margin is enough.

Also, part highlight is cool! Really helps to understand, what part you going to control.

Also, some notes and ideas:

• Is there such thing in KSP API, as active window? It would be good not to accept control command, when window isn't active. I have such case: antennas control window was stockpiled under several other windows in corner of the screen. I clicked on some part of this windows to bring it on top and it appears that I'd also turned on some antenna. And with Remote Tech that could be literally million funds missclick.
  • By the way, does Ship Manifest safe window position on screen between game sessions? It would be helpful.
  • When working with Remote Tech does SM use time delay? I think in program layer SM should in some way transfer command to remote tech module instead of directly executing it. The Action Groups Extended mod does this in some way.
  • I've noticed, that antennas control works even if game is time warped. Normally no actions allowed, when nonphysical warp is used. So, ignoring it could cause some weired bugs.
  • The smallest Remote Tech antenna - Reflectron DP-10 - doesn't highlighted for some reason, when selected.

Also, some notes and ideas:

• Is there such thing in KSP API, as active window? It would be good not to accept control command, when window isn't active. I have such case: antennas control window was stockpiled under several other windows in corner of the screen. I clicked on some part of this windows to bring it on top and it appears that I'd also turned on some antenna. And with Remote Tech that could be literally million funds missclick.
  • By the way, does Ship Manifest safe window position on screen between game sessions? It would be helpful.
  • When working with Remote Tech does SM use time delay? I think in program layer SM should in some way transfer command to remote tech module instead of directly executing it. The Action Groups Extended mod does this in some way.
  • I've noticed, that antennas control works even if game is time warped. Normally no actions allowed, when nonphysical warp is used. So, ignoring it could cause some weired bugs.
  • The smallest Remote Tech antenna - Reflectron DP-10 - doesn't highlighted for some reason, when selected.

Hmm... let's answer 1 by 1.

Unity does not really support this feature well (at least to my limited knowledge). if you will note, many mods exhibit this behavior and it is possible to "click thru" many windows... I have researched this as I do not like this behavior either. I will continue to research in hopes of coming up with an "elegant solution"

SM "should" be saving window positions between game sessions. If you are referring to between Scenes (as in the settings window in KSC vs. Flight), that would be possible to do.

I use no time delay with Remote tech. I fire the activate/deactivate just as if you had clicked it on the part itself. I'll look at Action groups extended, but it may be helpful if you describe the desired behavior.

I can check for warp and prevent use of SM during those periods. I will likely make that a switchable setting as I have found it useful to be able to perform certain actions while in warp...

Not sure why the Reflectron DP10 would not highlight... the code should work for all... I'll look into it.

Edited by Papa_Joe

There was some strange effect happening to me a couple days ago. I did build a fairly high thing and when i transferred the kerbal from bottom to top i had a warning about excessive G-forces. When transferring the poor Kerbal back to bottom he died because of G-forces. No idea if that behaviour is tied to SM.

I use no time delay with Remote tech. I fire the activate/deactivate just as if you had clicked it on the part itself. I'll look at Action groups extended, but it may be helpful if you describe the desired behavior.

Remote Tech normally intercept any command, given to craft (via key, context menu, action groups, e.t.c.) and store it in transferred commands queue of RT flight computer. Commands from that queue executed after a transmission (or user specified) delay. It described here in the wiki.

So i just downloaded the new version on CKan and now I no longer see any solar panel controls. Also the manifest popup goes to the top left like in the pic and wont let me move the box around the screen. Any idea what's up? Or perhaps where I can get the last version prior to this one?

Screenshot%202015-03-28%2014.33.26.jpg

So i just downloaded the new version on CKan and now I no longer see any solar panel controls. Also the manifest popup goes to the top left like in the pic and wont let me move the box around the screen. Any idea what's up? Or perhaps where I can get the last version prior to this one?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/jamesletasi/Screenshot%202015-03-28%2014.33.26.jpg

I got the same issue, "Control" button permanently grey.

Reinstalled few times, and got nothing. Any idea?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/jamesletasi/Screenshot%202015-03-28%2014.33.26.jpg

I got the same issue, "Control" button permanently grey.

Reinstalled few times, and got nothing. Any idea?

Interesting. Are you using CLS or not? I'm researching the issue now...

The previous version is available on KerbalStuff or Git Hub..

Edit: Found the problem. both issues are related, and only occur if you do not have CLS installed, or have CLS disabled. I still had CLS checking code in front of the Control button (left over from when I changed the Hatch button to Control), that would disable the GUI. I will remove it and release an update.

Change log for upcoming version:

Version 4.1.4.2 - Release 29 Mar, 2015 - Control Window Tweaks Edition.

- New: Added part name to description for Antennas, Solar Panels, and Lights in Control Window.

- Fixed: If CLS is not installed, or CLS is disabled, Control Button is grayed out and Manifest Window is stuck in one position on screen.

Update: 4.1.4.2 has been released.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Thank you! You're the best and yes I don't have CLS.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Remote Tech normally intercept any command, given to craft (via key, context menu, action groups, e.t.c.) and store it in transferred commands queue of RT flight computer. Commands from that queue executed after a transmission (or user specified) delay. It described here in the wiki.

Ok, starting to look at this now. I will report back on what I discover.

Update:

Ok, I now understand the issue. RT is intercepting the button press. I'm invoking the event that would result. I'll look into changing the behavior to account for that.

Edited by Papa_Joe

I have a question that is related to my Omicron Space Car. It will use seats (the ones where kerbals use on rovers, but with my model) inside the ship, and all parts are accessible, docking ports, hatch, windows...

So, my questions is regardless the transfer between those seats and the normal "positions" inside other space stations and vessels, interconnected.

Some time ago, i tried to move from those seats to a IVA ones, but it don't recognize the "external" seats as interchangeable. But this was a time ago.

So, is this new version abled to do that? if not, will at some point these be implemented?

If you don't understood me clearly, take a look at my add development post, so i think you will understand easily...

OMICRON Space Car

I have a question that is related to my Omicron Space Car. It will use seats (the ones where kerbals use on rovers, but with my model) inside the ship, and all parts are accessible, docking ports, hatch, windows...

So, my questions is regardless the transfer between those seats and the normal "positions" inside other space stations and vessels, interconnected.

Some time ago, i tried to move from those seats to a IVA ones, but it don't recognize the "external" seats as interchangeable. But this was a time ago.

So, is this new version abled to do that? if not, will at some point these be implemented?

If you don't understood me clearly, take a look at my add development post, so i think you will understand easily...

OMICRON Space Car

Good to hear from you!

I've not taken a look at the external seats. The external seats are separate parts, so I'm going to have to take that into account. The current methods used to move kerbals use very much he same methods used over a year ago, with the minor exception of now triggering onVesselChanged (for proper portrait updating and support for TextureReplacer).

Looking at the models (awesome btw!) I can where you will need to go from external seat to external and from external to internal and vis versa.

I'll be happy to give that some consideration. I'll report back on what I find out. I suspect we can make it work.

Hey Papa_Joe.

Nice, fast response, thank you a lot by your attention.

Good to know you like OMICRON too.

I will keep an eye here to know the updates, hope that this can happen too.

If i finish before, i let you know how i can manage it. I believe will be going external too, at least for the actual functionality.

Cheers my friend!

:D

Hey Papa_Joe.

Nice, fast response, thank you a lot by your attention.

Good to know you like OMICRON too.

I will keep an eye here to know the updates, hope that this can happen too.

If i finish before, i let you know how i can manage it. I believe will be going external too, at least for the actual functionality.

Cheers my friend!

I've determined what needs to be done, and I am actively coding the necessary additions to support external seat Transfers.

Initially, this will be a non CLS feature, as I'm going to have to see what the implications for spaces etc, will be for CLS. It may be that you can add a CLS Module Manager config to support external to external transfers within the same vessel...

I will keep you posted.

A great idea, and a long needed feature, given the fact that external seats and rovers have been around for awhile!

Edited by Papa_Joe

This is really great news indeed.

I agree with you with CLS, because is no point on this type of transfer when the seat is outside a vessel, but i see everyday more and more people using it inside some sort of constructions, like custom cargo bays with n number of seats on it.

But i know, that to determine when is out and when is in is a hard trick.

The option to have it as a custom thing or extra (off CLS) is enough and i thank you again.

I'm sure a lot of people will use it too.

Version 4.1.4.2 - Release 29 Mar, 2015 - Control Window Tweaks Edition.

- New: Added part name to description for Antennas, Solar Panels, and Lights in Control Window.

- Fixed: If CLS is not installed, or CLS is disabled, Control Button is grayed out and Manifest Window is stuck in one position on screen.

Update: 4.1.4.2 has been released.

Thank you so much! All presented features now works fine.

Looks like, the last update break something in Remote Tech antennae detection. Now antennae control doesn't show some antennas at all. For example, the sat has Reflectron DP-10, Communotron 16 and Comms DTS-M1. But SM shows only Communotron 16.

Looks like, the last update break something in Remote Tech antennae detection. Now antennae control doesn't show some antennas at all. For example, the sat has Reflectron DP-10, Communotron 16 and Comms DTS-M1. But SM shows only Communotron 16.

Thanks. I only added the part title, so I'll look to see if it is returning a null for some reason. You might look at the SM Debug window to see if you are getting any errors...

Update. Duplicated error. Examining resolutions now.

New Update: Resolved the issue. Thanks for reporting. This uncovered the cause of a potential issue with lights, Solar panels and hatches.

If you recall I had some hatches showing up as "Unknown". I had error handling code in place to account for a null exception. I found the cause of the null exception and revised the method of extracting the part info. This got rid of the base cause. I've revised the code for the other module objects to reflect the discovery and fix.

New release soon, with the bug fix.

Edited by Papa_Joe

i've been having an issue with the newest release that i cant seem to nail down the source.

sometimes a vessel will have an inoperable SM toolbar button. as soon as i dock it with another craft, or in some cases just undock a part of the same craft and immediately re-attach the button lights up again, and the window appears as though it had been open all along.

i cant figure out what parts or circumstances are making it happen though, has anyone else experienced this?

i've been having an issue with the newest release that i cant seem to nail down the source.

sometimes a vessel will have an inoperable SM toolbar button. as soon as i dock it with another craft, or in some cases just undock a part of the same craft and immediately re-attach the button lights up again, and the window appears as though it had been open all along.

i cant figure out what parts or circumstances are making it happen though, has anyone else experienced this?

Is this the Blizzy toolbar or the stock toolbar where you are experiencing the issue? Is the vessel manned or unmanned? Are you using CLS or not?

Good to hear from you!

I've not taken a look at the external seats. The external seats are separate parts, so I'm going to have to take that into account. The current methods used to move kerbals use very much he same methods used over a year ago, with the minor exception of now triggering onVesselChanged (for proper portrait updating and support for TextureReplacer).

Looking at the models (awesome btw!) I can where you will need to go from external seat to external and from external to internal and vis versa.

I'll be happy to give that some consideration. I'll report back on what I find out. I suspect we can make it work.

Just an update:

I've been performing tests on external crew transfers, and it appears it is not quite as easy as I had hoped. The process appears to encompass the following:

1. Kerbal goes EVA. This causes a Kerbal to become a "vessel", and becomes the active vessel.

2. Right clicking on an External seat and then "board" when in range causes the kerbal to become a "part" attached to the External Seat part's vessel and referenced in the seat's KerbalSeat Module as an occupant.

3. When leaving the seat, right clicking on the kerbal exposes the Leave seat action. Clicking this causes the kerbal to become a vessel again as the active vessel...

4. Finally, the user clicks on the board action of the next external seat. This causes the kerbal to again become a part, and the steps in 2 above occur again with the new seat part.

To emulate this, I will have to fire the appropriate events, and allow unity to handle the callbacks. This means that I need to allow the frame to update as needed so that the callbacks are fired. So, I'm going to have to create a persist model for the kerbal event states when EVA, and track the activity to ensure proper operations. This also means the the transfer will cause the scene to "change" as the active vessel changes from ship to kerbal and back to ship...

Something else I've discovered is that when a kerbal is sitting in an external seat, it will appear in the SM part list, when the ship to which the kerbal is attached is the active vessel. Attempting to transfer the kerbal cause "interesting issues"... The transferr appears to work to an internal part, but the kerbal's "body" remains, and now has a Kerbal count of "0". Switching away from the ship and back then generates repeating unhandled errors in KSP... I will have to fix that.

I've not given up, but it will involve a fair amount of additional plumbing to make it happen and the addition of some handling code when the kerbal is the active vessel. Currently, my code causes SM to be hidden when a kerbal is the active vessel...

Also, in reference to Remote Tech command queuing, I'm still looking at how to support that. Not forgotten, but deferred for the short term.

Finally, I've made the necessary changes to correct the missing RT antennas, and a fix for the "Unknowns" sometimes displayed in the hatch list of the Control Window. I will be releasing that fix very soon. Expect version 4.1.4.3 within the day.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Ow My Gosh!

That's is hard. I already had some studies myself about and some testing on C# and Unity programing, but never get there yet.

To access game infos and write to it.

I can only wish lucky to you Papa_joe and have positive thinking.