[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

Downloaded the "newest" version from KerbalStuff.

I can see still the problem with the version checker.

https://sikerprogram.net/notrelated/KSPAVC.png

I thought you corrected it. Didn't checked the ingame stuff yet.

Edited: ---------------

You really should make it into this form:

{

"NAME":"Chatterer",

"URL":"http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/version.php?id=27",

"VERSION":

{

"MAJOR":0,

"MINOR":8,

"PATCH":1,

"BUILD":86

},

"KSP_VERSION":

{

"MINOR":90,

"PATCH":0

},

"KSP_VERSION_MIN":

{

"MINOR":25,

},

}

I did check all of the working ones uses this format

"VERSION":

{

"MINOR":8,

"BUILD":86

},

----------

Hope it helps

Edited2: ---------------

The ingame "bug" has gone. It uses toolbar instantly. (although I did deleted the old version before isntalled this one) so well done it looks like automaticly using the blizzy's Toolbar.

So far not a single line in the debug window.

------------

Thanks. I'll install AVC and see what is happening. I followed another mod's example, since I do not follow the "standard" versioning convention...

You are welcome.

I do looked into b9 first then now in the chatterrer each of them caused AVC to give me the message to download the newest version when it was the time so I assume THIS is the correct config for a mod.

As for the readings I editted las time the downloaded file to this format and it showed the right version information. Although There wasn't a single message to download the new version.

Hope it can help you.

You are welcome.

I do looked into b9 first then now in the chatterrer each of them caused AVC to give me the message to download the newest version when it was the time so I assume THIS is the correct config for a mod.

As for the readings I editted las time the downloaded file to this format and it showed the right version information. Although There wasn't a single message to download the new version.

Hope it can help you.

Ok, I've corrected the Version file and will include a new one with the next release.

Additionally, I've registered with the AVC site to allow AVC to host the version file, as it seemed I was not able to reach my server copy on Github using the AVC mod, (not sure why yet)

for those that are using AVC, please replace the contents of the 4.1.2 version of the ShipManifest.version file with the following:

{
"NAME":"ShipManifest",
"URL":"http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/version.php?id=124",
"DOWNLOAD":"http://kerbalstuff.com/mod/261/Ship%20Manifest",
"VERSION":{
"MAJOR":4,
"MINOR":1,
"PATCH":2,
"BUILD":0
},
"KSP_VERSION":{
}
}

Edited by Papa_Joe

Ok, I've corrected the Version file and will include a new one with the next release.

Additionally, I've registered with the AVC site to allow AVC to host the version file, as it seemed I was not able to reach my server copy on Github using the AVC mod, (not sure why yet)

for those that are using AVC, please replace the contents of the 4.1.2 version of the ShipManifest.version file with the following:

{
"NAME":"ShipManifest",
"URL":"http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/version.php?id=124",
"VERSION":{
"MAJOR":4,
"MINOR":1,
"BUILD":0
},
"KSP_VERSION":{
}
}

Shouldn't "PATCH" be 2?

Neat.

Thank you. It is working now, it wirtes the correct version number for sure.

(Not sure about the upgrade process though.)

But It must be working as well. As AVC checked the 27th mod of mine (which must be it) :D

I tested the whole process. I added AVC and reworked the url and download parameters. I then verified it detected the new version and could reach the website (Kerbalstuff) using the Download button.

Ok, I've decided and begun work on a new mod to expand on our discussion of Ship Manifest's Roster Window and its future. I have a functional shell of the new mod running now.

The new mod will be named Roster Manager. the WIP thread is here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/111806. At some point in the future, as Roster Manager is released and progresses, I will deprecate the Roster Window in SM, and eventually remove it completely from Ship Manifest. I will leave the functionality that exists without the Roster Window, such as filling crew, etc as is appropriate for pre-flight that is contained within the Manifest window.

Please add your thoughts and suggestions for Roster Manager there.

If you can think of a better Name for the Mod, I'm certainly up for discussion on that as well...

Thanks!

Edited by Papa_Joe

...At some point in the future, as Roster Manager is released and progresses, I will deprecate the Roster Window in SM, and eventually remove it completely from Ship Manifest....

Grat idea. Those are two separate function. I didn't understand why they were in one mod. (maybe you should bundle it together though but in separate directories for easy erasing the unwanted one (if somebody interested only in the other one))

I don't know if it is a "too much work or not" but after you came out with the rooster manager I think it would be best to completely left it out from the ship manifest. In my opinion an option which is (in this way became) pointless, and unreachable is just garbage. Be professional as always IMHO.

As for the name: I think that's great. I am no english but surely can understand what it does from that name. So I think that's perfect.

Agreed, I see Ship Manifest as more of "I already have kerbals and want to move them around in my ship". While RM would be more about "I need more kerbals".

Yup. I'm also thinking along the lines of those that broadcast via youtube and twitch. It would be nice to totally customize your kerbals for your broadcasts... (Yemo inspired me with his comment about twitch in his thread on SETI).

Ah, I mistook Roster Manager for taking crew transfers from Ship Manifest.

No problem. Roster Manager will be like Astronaut Complex on steroids...

My problem with stock transfers is that they're instant even with SM realism mode and CLS. Can anything be done about it?

No problem. Roster Manager is going to be like Astronaut Complex on steroids...

Interesting. Not sure... let me take a look at the code and see if I can intercept the call... I like the idea.

Update:

Looks like it may be possible. CLS traps the move, reverts the transfer and overrides the screen message if the 2 parts are not in the same space.

I can do the same only when the 2 parts ARE in the same space, and slow it down with my realism transfer call. The end result would be just as if you had made the transfer from SM...

Implementing it now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Crew moves immediately, but then I've always seen a delay before I can move the next kerbal.

I've not used the stock transfer much. To painful to have to find the hatch, then click on the kerbal transfer button, then select the target part... etc...

I've used my tool almost exclusively. However, I'm sure there are times when it "can" be convenient :D

Anyway, I've implemented the change, and am testing it now. I should have an answer soon on it. If desired, I can add a config switch called "Override stock transfer" that will impose the delayed transfer and portrait update...

Since the change I made uses my crew transfer system, it will also have the sounds...

Update: The concept works. I have some cleanup to do to address highlighting when the manifest window is in a state other than crew, but should not be a big issue.

I'll include this in the next release. You will now have SM style crew transfers, respecting CLS spaces and the realism mode time dealy with sounds... :D

Edited by Papa_Joe

I'll include this in the next release. You will now have SM style crew transfers, respecting CLS spaces and the realism mode time dealy with sounds... :D

Cool, thank you! :)

Switch option would be great too, that's how I envisioned it in the first place.

Cool, thank you! :)

Switch option would be great too, that's how I envisioned it in the first place.

I'd like to support that too. I mean a switch seat function should be stock anyway.

Switch seat already exists in SM. Not sure of stock, I'll check. However, the code I put in place already will support it if the Stock buttons will pass that data. I'll test to see.

If you want to switch seats in SM , you will note there is a button to the left of the kerbal's name. looks like this ">>". that will move a kerbal to another seat in the same part, and if needed swap places wit the kerbal already in the next seat. If you have tool tips on, it will show you when you hover over that button.

Update:

I've tested the stock transfer to the same part. KSP will not let you do it. SO, for the moment, at least, you can use the SM method. I'm going to continue my investigations to see if there is another way to trap for the transfer and "make it work".

I will keep everyone posted on my results.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Ouuuh. Sorry my english is not the best.

I mean that switch seats function should be in the stock KSP. But it only should... because it is not present.

As for the answer: thank you, I didn't noticed it. So from now on I deffinetly wanna use it. :D

Ouuuh. Sorry my english is not the best.

I mean that switch seats function should be in the stock KSP. But it only should... because it is not present.

As for the answer: thank you, I didn't noticed it. So from now on I deffinetly wanna use it. :D

No problem, and your English was good enough. I did understand you. :D

(por nada. El gusto es mio) I'm only guessing at an appropriate language based on your name :D

Edited by Papa_Joe

No problem. Roster Manager is going to be like Astronaut Complex on steroids...

Interesting. Not sure... let me take a look at the code and see if I can intercept the call... I like the idea.

Update:

Looks like it may be possible. CLS traps the move, reverts the transfer and overrides the screen message if the 2 parts are not in the same space.

I can do the same only when the 2 parts ARE in the same space, and slow it down with my realism transfer call. The end result would be just as if you had made the transfer from SM...

Implementing it now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Update:

During my implementation, I've noted an issue with refreshing the portraits. It seems the portraits end up blank. My investigations show that the currently used event handler GameEvents.onCrewTransferred, occurs after the completion of the stock transfer, so I spend effort undoing the change and re-accomplishing the task... However, the damage is done, and the portraits are updating even as I'm running the transfer again.

I might be able to add a few seconds to the delay and get the desired results, but I'm still looking at whether or not I can trap the action "before" it starts...

Edited by Papa_Joe

Update:

During my implementation, I've noted an issue with refreshing the portraits. It seems the portraits end up blank. My investigations show that the currently used event handler GameEvents.onCrewTransferred, occurs after the completion of the stock transfer, so I spend effort undoing the change and re-accomplishing the task... However, the damage is done, and the portraits are updating even as I'm running the transfer again.

I might be able to add a few seconds to the delay and get the desired results, but I'm still looking at whether or not I can trap the action "before" it starts...

Update:

Ok, I've reexamined my code, and discovered that since implementing crew transfers in SM over a year ago, I actually did not delay the crew transfer in SM at all... All this time, the transfer was happening immediately, and I was delaying the portrait update until after the duration of the move timeout. So, when I tried to add support for the stock move, I was reverting the crew back to their original parts, and immediately moving them to back to their new locations... then waiting to update portraits... this caused some confusion for KSP, hence black portraits...

So, I reworked the original SM crew transfer method to first play the sounds, and delay the actual move to the end of the wait period (currently set to 7 seconds in the config file), and then make the crew transfer and update the portraits. This allowed me to better manage the stock transfer revert and trigger an update BETWEEN the reversion and the actual SM move.

Result is that now, whether or not you transfer a kerbal with the stock or SM method, the actual transfer does not occur until the end of the wait period, and the portraits properly update. YAY!

I have some more refactoring I'd like to do, but things are looking good.

We now have SM transfer support that overrides Stock transfers. Looking into creating a move button and adding it to the part's tweakable dialog now...

Edited by Papa_Joe

Update:

Ok, I've reexamined my code, and discovered that since implementing crew transfers in SM over a year ago, I actually did not delay the crew transfer in SM at all... All this time, the transfer was happening immediately, and I was delaying the portrait update until after the duration of the move timeout. So, when I tried to add support for the stock move, I was reverting the crew back to their original parts, and immediately moving them to back to their new locations... then waiting to update portraits... this caused some confusion for KSP, hence black portraits...

So, I reworked the original SM crew transfer method to first play the sounds, and delay the actual move to the end of the wait period (currently set to 7 seconds in the config file), and then make the crew transfer and update the portraits. This allowed me to better manage the stock transfer revert and trigger an update BETWEEN the reversion and the actual SM move.

Result is that now, whether or not you transfer a kerbal with the stock or SM method, the actual transfer does not occur until the end of the wait period, and the portraits properly update. YAY!

I have some more refactoring I'd like to do, but things are looking good.

We now have SM transfer support that overrides Stock transfers. Looking into creating a move button and adding it to the part's tweakable dialog now...

Very nice fix