[0.23] PuntJeb - Statistics for your Poor Kerbals' Souls

TwistedMexi

[PuntJeb: Statistics for your Poor Kerbals' Souls]

w6fDexW.png

While watching KerbalKon, it was suggested in jest that a mod should be created to keep track of how far you've slammed your EVA across the surface. Honestly, I couldn't find a reason not to do it. This plugin adds a module to your EVA's that allows you to enable PuntJeb's statistics. When enabled, a window will be displayed that provides:

• Velocity
  • Last punt achieved
  • Longest punt achieved
  • Total distance traveled since going on EVA.

PuntJeb will also inform you of your last distance traveled should your Kerbal be... less than fortunate. Velocity and Total Distance will also work when in an external command seat (rovers included) and is an excellent way of seeing how much ground you've covered.

[PuntJeb Trailer]

I've made a small demo video for those who prefer visuals.:)

[Download and Install]

Download from SpacePort

Open the zip and copy the PuntJeb folder into your game directory's "GameData" folder. The source folder doesn't not need to be installed.

Once completed, simply start your game, launch a manned ship, and go on EVA. Right-click on your kerbal and press "Enable PuntJeb". Your PuntJeb tracking window will now be shown. Repeating the steps and selecting "Disable PuntJeb" will of course, hide the window.

[License]

You may not redistribute or modify PuntJeb and/or its source code, but you are welcome to use it as reference for learning about KSP plugins.

Excellent.

time for a kerbal flinging catapult :D

*welcome to the official kerbal highland games*

You could probably achieve this with stock, using decouplers and a few tanks with engines on them enclosed in a frame. Detach the tanks and activate the engines, then detach the last decoupler holding the kerbal's seat down. :D

This is actually fairly useful for EVA on the Mun, to get an idea on how far you need to go, how fast you're going. If you could maybe make another one, not to be needy/wanting, but instead of being about getting punted, maybe vert and hoz velocity, or that nav ball controll (Or something like) inside a mini window while on EVA? Would be rather useful :P Maybe if it could also, have what biome you're directly over or on and work from the command chair as well, so while driving rovers around you can get an idea on what must be done and such as well.. If you have the time and that doesn't seem like too much more on top of this :P maybe even height from surface/rough impact time, or something.

Not that that is what this mod seems to be about at all, but I just noticed it could easily be used for things like that as is and with a slight tweak or two it'd be the perfect companion to EVA.

This is actually fairly useful for EVA on the Mun, to get an idea on how far you need to go, how fast you're going. If you could maybe make another one, not to be needy/wanting, but instead of being about getting punted, maybe vert and hoz velocity, or that nav ball controll (Or something like) inside a mini window while on EVA? Would be rather useful :P Maybe if it could also, have what biome you're directly over or on and work from the command chair as well, so while driving rovers around you can get an idea on what must be done and such as well.. If you have the time and that doesn't seem like too much more on top of this :P maybe even height from surface/rough impact time, or something.

Not that that is what this mod seems to be about at all, but I just noticed it could easily be used for things like that as is and with a slight tweak or two it'd be the perfect companion to EVA.

Someone has already contacted me about almost the same thing. Since this plugin is 90% for fun, I want to keep the overhead low (Don't want people to feel like they have to choose between this and having more room for other mods). I do plan to add in a few more features, so some of what you mentioned will likely be added as optional stats. Definitely interested in the biome suggestion.

I do plan to make a separate mod that will be more fleshed out, and will be more about utilities for EVA/command seat. No timeframe as my downtime often gets ran over with work. Thanks for the suggestions :)

This is the BEST plugin ever.

My only thing? Perhaps keep track of punts by Kerbal. See if Jeb's record is beating Bill's, or if Bob's coming up with something new.

Also, riding the SRB + Pod looks terribly fun.

This is the BEST plugin ever.

My only thing? Perhaps keep track of punts by Kerbal. See if Jeb's record is beating Bill's, or if Bob's coming up with something new.

Also, riding the SRB + Pod looks terribly fun.

Thank you! A persistent scoreboard to pit kerbal against kerbal is planned, I'm just toying with how exactly I want to implement it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Congrats on making Modding Mondays more than a year later!

Something fishy is going on there.

- This mod is made my TwistedMexy, but version from Curse is made by someone named Veyda92 (and there is no single word about TwistedMexy on Curse)

- There is only .dll in archive - no license

- Sadly, but I haven't old mod, so I'm unable compare them further.

Something fishy is going on there.

- This mod is made my TwistedMexy, but version from Curse is made by someone named Veyda92 (and there is no single word about TwistedMexy on Curse)

- There is only .dll in archive - no license

- Sadly, but I haven't old mod, so I'm unable compare them further.

Seemed questionable for a bit, but looking at this GitHub account seems to show that TwistedMexi and Veyda92 are one and the same. Nothing to see here, although maybe TwistedMexi needs to come and update this thread in honour of his Modding Monday....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.