[Part] Unnamed 4 Kerbal Capsule, Work in Progress

S3416130

Here's a quick mock-up I've made in my spare time. Most of the textures are shared between parts for now.

Also, I'm scrapping the current shroud and LES for a much better design. More on that later.

Here's a quick mock-up I've made in my spare time. Most of the textures are shared between parts for now.

That looks great!

I love the secondary pod between the fuel tank and command capsule. Am I right that those are windows?

0_0 I think I found my new Long Range Extended Duration Capsule. You sir are a god!

Also, May I request a download link in the OP, I feel like your capsule is much more complete than others that I have seen and would love a change to play with it.

Edited by Taki117

Also, May I request a download link in the OP, I feel like your capsule is much more complete than others that I have seen and would love a change to play with it.

I agree unless of course you are not ready but i would love to have it

SNIP

Also, I'm scrapping the current shroud and LES for a much better design. More on that later.

I would totally use this as a Crew Ferry to my space station.

Looking back, I can't help but think "what the hell was I thinking?".

6DuIqT0.png

It's an interesting progression though.

Sorry, no download yet. I'm still in the process of making an IVA, and I still need to figure out the best way of giving people access to the parts when I release them. I'm thinking Google Drive maybe.

SNIP

Sorry, no download yet. I'm still in the process of making an IVA, and I still need to figure out the best way of giving people access to the parts when I release them. I'm thinking Google Drive maybe.

Mediafire is a good one, or *Shudder* Curse.

Looking back, I can't help but think "what the hell was I thinking?".

Why do you say that? I actually really liked the design of the first version too. The evolution between the two just shows the refinement as you thought about the design more.

Mediafire is a good one, or *Shudder* Curse.

A lot of the dev/WIP work also goes up on Dropbox. It's easy to version control that way.

Man, I hope this will be released. It looks really cool and near-future. I'm guessing the interiour will look great, based on the placement of those windows. I realize it must be a lot of hard work, but S3416130; please add RPM as well!=)

• 2 months later...

I haven't posted an update in a while, since I haven't been able to do a lot of work on this project lately. Here's what it looks like so far.

RPM integration is beginning to take shape (click on the numbers for annotations). I scrapped a lot of my old IVA work, but I think it looks better now than before.

edit. You can also change the viewer mode to 1st person and use WASD to move around the internal.

The original plan was to make my own unique props but the ALCOR ones are really good. It will be difficult to come close to them in terms of quality. Failing that, I'll look into including them if the ALCOR license permits.

• 2 months later...
I haven't posted an update in a while, since I haven't been able to do a lot of work on this project lately. Here's what it looks like so far.

RPM integration is beginning to take shape (click on the numbers for annotations). I scrapped a lot of my old IVA work, but I think it looks better now than before.

edit. You can also change the viewer mode to 1st person and use WASD to move around the internal.

WOW, man.

I think you've perfectly captured the looks of a near-future pod. I can't wait to use it! The cockpit looks great with all the monitors, and I like the idea with the sunscreen for the pilots. It's a shame that KSP doesn't allow for IVA movement, because this pod looks big enough to actually move around in.

Please keep up the work! I realize it must be hard, but seeing what you're able to make makes it worth it.

Cheers, man!

• 3 weeks later...

Some feedback:

Make sure there is an area along the base to attach things to radially mirrored at 4x. This is a common method for radial attaching rocket nacelles to landers, as well as attaching various other things. Also make sure your two side positions are also equal distance from each other.

This will make the part more useful, while maintaining your nice space-styling aesthetics.

here is for people that are wondering where his because i received this message from him about a week ago...

I am here to inform you that there are still people here that have faith in your mod and would like to see you finish and or at least inform everyone if you are continuing or discontinuing the mod. of course i would as well as many others would like to see it finished but i am not your boss.

i will respect your decision especially if it is due to IRL problems or other stuff but it still be good for us to know why you haven't posted anything....

just wondering

Sorry for the delayed reply, and my absence. I paused work on this mod a while back due to real life conflicts and some issues with the internals. Turns out I may have underestimated the size of a kerbal relative to the capsule. Now though, I'm thinking of resuming its development. Thank you for the message, I'd been having doubts a while back whether people were still interested. I'll try my best to get this finished then.

I'm still very interested in this. If RL is becoming an issue and causing work on this mod to be delayed indefinitely, might I suggest releasing it into the public domain? I would love to have this pod (and if someone were willing ng) as well as an entire parts pack for it. Keep up the good work and don't let real life get you down.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.