What did you get for christmas?

kola2DONO

Install XBMC + control it with your phone + plug it into an HD TV = win.

My phone makes phone calls and text messages. I've just never felt the need for a smart phone. I also don't tend to watch a whole lot of anything on TV. I might try it for the experience, though.

pis are like that. when i heard about it i thought of 20 uses for it. then when i got one i couldnt think of one. its rather sad.

I've wired up a few minor circuits on a breadboard to try things out, and I'm reading up on Python. I didn't expect to get one, so I've never really put any thought into what I'd do with one. I have a co-worker that got one a while back with the idea of making a wearable system, but he's not gotten very far yet. I'm starting to lean towards trying my hand at some small robotics projects, and trying to remember my work with electrical components when I was a kid.

I only got to open the box today cos its my birthday on the 31st and i usually get combined gifts and OMG I DUNNO WHAT IT IS BUT THE CORNER TORE OFF THE PACKET AND WHATEVER THE THING IS IT COMES WITH 12G RAM THNX BYEEEEEEEE!!1!

*celem enters hardcore gaming coma*

Incase anyone still wasnt clear the caps are tongue-in-cheek, but im well thrilled with this new hardware and the fact that KSP now has fully 6x the RAM to work with that it had yesterday.

/me starts dragging every slider he can find all the way right.

Edited by celem

I only got to open the box today cos its my birthday on the 31st and i usually get combined gifts and OMG I DUNNO WHAT IT IS BUT THE CORNER TORE OFF THE PACKET AND WHATEVER THE THING IS IT COMES WITH 12G RAM THNX BYEEEEEEEE!!1!

*celem enters hardcore gaming coma*

Incase anyone still wasnt clear the caps are tongue-in-cheek, but im well thrilled with this new hardware and the fact that KSP now has 4x the RAM to work with that it had yesterday.

/me starts dragging every slider he can find all the way to the right

Wow, my birthday is also on the 31st, what are the odds?

Also, KSP can't use more than 3.5GB RAM unless this new comp had 64bit Linux. But while KSP itself only has around 16 percent more, Windows/mac and any program else you may be running gets more RAM available.

Also, congrats.

Wow, my birthday is also on the 31st, what are the odds?

Given that we both live in the same country, getting slimmer by the second. Little creepy even :P

Yeah I figured KSP would have a max request somewhere, at least it should always have max RAM available now. It most certainly will be linux64, as soon as i get win8 to let go. I was partway through a dualboot setup before I realised I've never done that with win8 before and it kept disabling the grubloader. KSP was lucky to pull 1Gig off my old 2g desktop with all the junk in the background. My machines are usually set up as development rigs and have all sort of services running. My old machine is also my primary tomcat server, glad to have a dedicated gaming rig for the first time ever! (and i cut my teeth on Elite)

I got a Razer Nostromo pro gaming keypad, a new Swiss watch, font and steel with a whistle, 100€ and a compressed T-shirt.

I didn't get and ask much for Xmas because I pretty muc have everything I need(laptop with GT635M, i7 and 6GB ram, BF4, a flight stick , a gaming mouse and I got Portal 2 and Gmod for 5€ in total on steam)

A straight razor and when I saw it I said, "There will be blood." My first shave with it resulted in not a single nick. I think it was a dull blade so no damage. It's a "professional" razor that has replaceable blades and I tried out a different manufacturer blade that was quite a bit sharper which has resulted in pink shaving cream during most of the subsequent shaves. Actually I just shaved and to be honest I'll wait until after New Years to shave again so that my face can recover from a way to close pass under my chin. I have to get the hang of going against the grain which is when I get the nicks and cuts. All in all it's a lot of fun. Kind of like KSP but hurts more.

Am I the only one feeling old here? This is full of kids! :D

Anyway, the last present Santa brought me was a set of Thundercats action figures back in... 1991? 92? My present for my self this year was rushing to the insurance company the morning of the 24th to renew said car insurance before taking the road to go to my parents because I forgot it had expired... Way to go, Santa!

For Christmas: Money.

Proceeded to pre-order Titanfall.

For New Year's: a head cold and a return to KSP (after a small eternity).

Can't breathe out of half my face and the .23 update is making my game lag like hell (unplayable).

Fortunately, the theory of orbital mechanics is like riding a bike. You never really forget.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.