InfiniteDice -=Skillful=- Combat Damage & Weapons Mod

InfiniteDice

InfiniteDice, can you make in R2 seperate turrets and tank guns so you can "roll your own" turret/gun arrangement?

So for example you could have a single turret that could fit different guns?

If so that sounds like a great idea.

Where are you dice?

Don't pester people, especially over the internet.

We all live in different times zones, and have lives outside KSP, gaming and computers in general. InfiniteDice will respond when he's ready to respond.

Edited by sumghai

sorry if this is a repost but but all the AI turrets are set to Gardian Mode False and the won't change to GM True any idea why this is happening?

thanks Taco

"The CIWS turrets have what I call 'guardian mode' that essentially is activated when the player is not in control of the vessel the gun is on." - From one of IDs posts on the first page.

Where are you dice?

I think we need to make a flow chart for this:

Have you read the information guide on the first page? -> Have you really read the information guide on the first page?

If that didnt solve your problem, try these questions:

Have you enabled auto tracking in the creator? Are you controlling the vessel with the auto turret? If you are controlling it, are you targeting the vessel you want it to shoot at? Is the target in range (~1.5km)? Do both vessels have an IFF tag, set to opposite teams? Does the auto turret have ammo? Have you tried just playing about to see if you can fix the problem yourself?

The Skillful update is almost ready to be kicked out the door!

Gone is the vessel falls apart issue. Also expect better frame-rates. I'm looking at an issue with procedural wings support... once that is sorted or deemed non-fixable I'll release.

Hey Dice,

nice to see a new update is on the way, any chance you managed to squash that annoying audio bug? Thank you for this awesome mod btw, besides that little audio quirk this works quite well for me even with the 80+ other mods I have running.

Gone is the vessel falls apart issue. Also expect better frame-rates. I'm looking at an issue with procedural wings support... once that is sorted or deemed non-fixable I'll release.

Awesome!

Cant wait to see the good work =)

Am planning on making a youtube series using this, so Ill post a link if/when a first vid is done ;)

Awesome!

Cant wait to see the good work =)

Am planning on making a youtube series using this, so Ill post a link if/when a first vid is done ;)

It's up on Curse for download guys - It's just pending approval, so check there for it.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Skillful has changed... as I mentioned before - It NO LONGER adds the module to every part. You need to unzip the skillfulmanager.bat and run that, there is a menu option in it to edit all the stock part cfg's to allow for the damage system to operate. This has to be done there is no way around it. If for any reason the bat doesn't work, you'll need to manually copy over the cfgs included with the mod OVER the original cfg's.

Yes this is a pain, but doing things the other way had far more issues than it was worth. Once you have Skillful applied to all the parts, it's smooth sailing after that (keeps fingers crossed, holds breath and knocks on wood).

Post your findings here.

Thanks again!

Skillful has changed... as I mentioned before - It NO LONGER adds the module to every part. You need to unzip the skillfulmanager.bat and run that, there is a menu option in it to edit all the stock part cfg's to allow for the damage system to operate. This has to be done there is no way around it. If for any reason the bat doesn't work, you'll need to manually copy over the cfgs included with the mod OVER the original cfg's.

Yes this is a pain, but doing things the other way had far more issues than it was worth. Once you have Skillful applied to all the parts, it's smooth sailing after that (keeps fingers crossed, holds breath and knocks on wood).

Post your findings here.

Thanks again!

well intill i figure that out ill stick with V1 though greaat job

Are we going to have Boat Part Compatibility?

Anyway 100th page 8P

Hey infinite, would you have any idea why skillful, boatparts, and firespitter didn't play nice together when i tried them together? it was in .23 but firespitter completely derped. the engines didnt move and control surfaces did nothing. I think when i removed everything but firespitter it still did that, but it worked before i added skillful and boat parts in the first place.

not too sure if anyone would want something like this but it's a good idea to pass around incase kerbals get guns/ rockets

http://imgur.com/a/tde7X#0

it shows a cargo plane i made for duna restocked to fit kerbal paratroopers for future attack. contains pics of plane, set up and also pre- and post deployment. all in all 5 out of 20 kerbals made it so it's ok for what it is.

also that tank isn't going that fast and judging by that i'm guessing speed is it's weakness... also range... (also by quick glances a well timed propelled bomb down the back would make it slightly less... portected.) but then again i'm not a good shot with tanks perfering to outnumber a person rather than out gun them.

Edited by AntiMatter001

If you remove the turret and toss a damned robotics rotator on the hull then pop the turret on that, you can then add armour panels/guns to the turret body... (the body not the turret barrel).

That's a LOT of armour parts man! LOL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.