HotRockets! Particle FX Replacement + Tutorial

Nazari1382

Really nice particles replacement.

To all dudes who will make config fixes using these particles - PLEASE CHECK YOUR CONFIGS BEFORE UPLOADING. Otherwise, your work is worth nothing. Don't steal others precious time with incorrect configs.

Really nice particles replacement.

To all dudes who will make config fixes using these particles - PLEASE CHECK YOUR CONFIGS BEFORE UPLOADING. Otherwise, your work is worth nothing. Don't steal others precious time with incorrect configs.

@Horus sounds like you should not download anyone's cfg would fix your problem and do the work your self with your precious time.

EDIT That is a easy fix.

@MeCripp: Yes, seems so. Already fixed what's necessary. Just don't really get why ppl uploading invalid cfgs.

EDIT: "eat-it-as-is" attitude is not really nice, btw.

Edited by Horus

@MeCripp: Yes, seems so. Already fixed what's necessary. Just don't really get why ppl uploading invalid cfgs.

EDIT: "eat-it-as-is" attitude is not really nice, btw.

That's how, I took yours as if you think your time is worth more then anyone else's time but the fix is all the same.

So, how do I actually install this?

I have no experience with Module Manager. Checked the Module Manager thread, but it doesn't work.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it working. Apparently it removed my action groups.

You just have to add the ModuleManager file to KSP/GameData, and the same with the MP_Nazari folder. I don't have any problems with action groups.

Did you find away to get the FX closer to the engine ?

No. I thought something can be done with "fxOffset" or "localOffset", but it didn't play a trick.

EDIT: bull**** was here, so UFO came & took it away.

Edited by Horus

No. I thought something can be done with "fxOffset" or "localOffset", but it didn't play a trick.

Again seems the fastest way - to make own FX mod :)

This FX mod is really nice, but needs mode tweaking params: particle velocity & spread (gravity and atmosphere dependent), particle decay, particle coloring depending on ttl, emitter width\height\offsets.

Smth. like that.

Yep try'ed fxOffset no luck and some of the flames say to long when throttling down the FX is still like full throttle and thanks for fixing my KW as some of the sound and FX was giving me trouble.

Yep try'ed fxOffset no luck and some of the flames say to long when throttling down the FX is still like full throttle and thanks for fixing my KW as some of the sound and FX was giving me trouble.

Flames length is really not a problem and easily tweakable.

Here's a sample for B9_Engine_Jet_Turbojet. And you can see that at different throttle level - flames length differs. Also, you can mix several MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE. But can influence performance greatly, so be careful.

Edited by Horus

I accidentally made an engine upside down (exhaust pointing down/Y-), and the exhaust ended up shooting backwards towards the engine even though the thrust transform was correctly pointing away from the engine

So the effects are not only tied to the location of the transform, but they ignore the direction of the transform and orient Y+ (Y+ being 'up' in KSP for some reason, typically Z+ in anything else)

Be careful when you have your X = 90 exporting orientation (so Unity/KSP know which way is up) set up, that the nozzles are pointing 'up' I guess

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.