Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

I know this is a stock work in progress thread, however, I cannot find a similar thread for mods. Is there any chance I could get some help with my swashplate heli I am designing? Or can someone direct me to a WIP thread that is for modded KSP? Thanks. (P.S. this is my first post I normally just read things, so any help is much appreciated :D).

I know this is a stock work in progress thread, however, I cannot find a similar thread for mods. Is there any chance I could get some help with my swashplate heli I am designing? Or can someone direct me to a WIP thread that is for modded KSP? Thanks. (P.S. this is my first post I normally just read things, so any help is much appreciated :D).

Although this thread says its for stock craft many people post modded craft here so I think you will be ok posting here.

Refitted my MD-11 for KSP 1.0.4. The wings are.. rather too wide.

I like the "Lego" assembly of wings in KSP, But sometimes, I wish they were procedural. Not saying Lego wings are bad in any way, but..

MWJ2PrL.jpg

Well ... for a start I used Better Buoyancy by Ferram, at least I get normal results (speeds up to 13m/s). With stock water I need a lot of air intakes to prevent a list, and max speed drops to around 2m/s.

It will be on KerbalX soon.

My first serious attempt at a SSTO in 1.04

I like the new aerodynamics system, but I miss being able to make fuselages out of wings and having them work well. Don't get me wrong - the new parts look awesome, it's just that planes seem to end up looking more similar than they used to. I wasn't trying for any sort of replica, but it ended up looking a bit like the love child of a Valkyrie and a SR-71.

screenshot2428.png

Anyhow, still fooling around with it. Edit: I'm still working out the flight profile in 1.04, but so far it can haul around 10 tons into orbit.

screenshot2441.png

Edited by drewscriver

With everyone building tanks nowadays I thought I'll give it a try.

It's not beautiful but the weapon stores take in a lot of space.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Features:

100% stock

360/20 deg turret,

8 Cartridges with loading system (not yet functional)

Armor plating all around, including bottom

Top speed 82 km/h

Very good range due to fuel cells

Independent suspension

Very strong bearing between turret and driven body.

Will continue to drive with ease even when 4 wheels on one side are broken

Room for 3 kerbals (driver, gunner, commander)

Emergency turret eject function (needs tweaking)

Mass 56.5t

Length 12.8m

Width 6.5m

Height 5.6m

Edited by Azimech