[1.0.4][WIP][IVA,PLUGIN] ProbeControlRoom 1.0-beta10a - IVA All the things! - NotSoShaky

Tabakhase

I have some trouble with installing the mod. I've installed RasterPropMonitor and it works just fine. But when I IVA with the probes I don't see the RasterPropMonitor screens? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Did you download the most up to date version. I first downloaded the version on the first post, but that is actually before RPM and thought the same thing then stumbled on the factt that the original author who created this topic is not the one providing recent updates, so you can find the newest versions in subsequent posts in this topic.

1.0b5 is the most recent is on page 16 located here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67450-WIP-IVA-PLUGIN-ProbeControlRoom-1-0-alpha2-IVA-All-the-things%21-Toolbar-Screens?p=1189832&viewfull=1#post1189832

I've just tried the Control Room out for the first time... Wow... amazing. Nice touch with the KSP-shaped cocoa foam coffee thingy by the way :)

One question: Is there a way to disable the switching to the control room when I press C? I'm using the kOS console extensively and it is _very_ annoying to flicker between outside and probe controll room while I type tbh. Thanks :)

Thats true but for some reason the switching back-and-forth doesn't happen when I type "c" in the kOS console while in a manned IVA. So I thought there's some difference between KSP handles the IVA button and the control room mod does?

The answer below is indeed the correct fix for the RasterPropMonitor/KSI MFD/VesselViewer mod bug. But it doesn't fix the but in the ProbeControlRoom for me. I did notice ProbeControlRoom comes with a DefRPM.cfg file but fiddling with that wasn't successful. Any suggestions?

This is actually a problem within the KSI MFD mod that you are probably. I had the same issue with it and vessel view in other IVA. I can't find the forum post talking about it, but I do remember the steps to get it working.

In the gamedata/hyomoto/MFD folder there is a file called MFD40x20. Open it and ctrl-F the word Dummy. Right above the ------Dummy Buttons------- header will be code like this

CONTEXTREDIRECT
{
redirect = btn1, pluginScanSAT
redirect = btn2, pluginSmartASS
redirect = escape, menuPlugin
redirect = home, menuDefault
}
}

// --------------------Dummy Buttons----------------------------------

See where it says redirect = escape, menuPlugin. You want to comment that out with // so it looks like (or just copy and paste the following)

CONTEXTREDIRECT
{
redirect = btn1, pluginScanSAT
redirect = btn2, pluginSmartASS
//redirect = escape, menuPlugin
redirect = home, menuDefault
}
}

// --------------------Dummy Buttons----------------------------------

This at least solved it for me with in over IVA's in which I had RMP, KSI MFD and Vesselview.

Make sure you restart the game as well.

Thats good news, thanks Albert :)

I have to issues / questions to report for the SCANsat incorporation, maybe I can post them both here:

1. I believe the SCANsat map doesn't quite fit into the big screen of the control room? It looks like its a bit more than half of the whole surface area. Maybe it would be possible to move the mission flags on the far sides of the wall up and shrink them a little so they fit neatly next to the mission time / vessel name displays, then move the four smaller monitors to the sides and expand the big monitor? Now that I'm writing that I realize that there might be an issue with the changed aspect ratio and the RPM monitor config.... hmmm... maybe keep the aspect ratio and size of the big screen as it is and have a black top/bottom frame instead. Anyway, food for thought :)

2. Is there a way to have the big SCANsat map update in intervals just like the small one already does? For the normal SCANsat operation it doesn't really matter but in the ProbeControl Room it really makes a difference for the first few missions when the body isn't fully scanned yet. This is from the view of a full-IVA-while-recording-video point of view, to be honest I'm not sure how big the difference for other people would be :).

Edited by MrOnak

1. Oh right, the aspect ratio isn't set to the right one. It'll be changed in the next version. Don't know about moving and resizing the screens, as it is now they don't require alot of mouse movement.

2. The problem is that refreshing the map slows the game down.

New version 1.0b6: http://www./download/cx06b43hy1sj69b/ProbeControlRoom-v1.0b6.zip

v1.0-beta5 Time and mission name monitors now use an LCD font

Fixed font allignment for time and mission name monitors

Back button now works like it should in Vessel Viewer

Map monitor now has the correct aspect ratio

Added tapemachine props

Added poster props

screenshot33_zpsa2aa211b.png

Yay! *click*

[edit]

OK VesselViewer works flawlessly now, thats superb, thanks.

But the main monitor still only shows about half of Kerbins surface:

t3h82RX.jpg

I did delete the whole ProbeControlRoom folder before unziping the new one. Any hints?

Also I noticed that the flight directors desk is now quite a bit darker, is that on purpose? Makes me want to switch on his desk lamp ;)

Edited by MrOnak

The SCANsat map thing is not a big deal if its hard to fix actually. Its only a bit irritating to use it as vessel position overview when the vessel isn't on the map half the time :) - but again, thats a luxury problem, really.

If you're working on the lighting anyway, I have one glitch for you: If you have lights on the craft (in my case its the red glow from MechJeb but its probably all lights) and you timewarp the flight directors desk gets lit up during warp. Its fine for 1x warp though so its not a big issue at all but it seems like the control rooms back wall lets light in during warp :)

Ok, I just asked Mihara and looked at the Alcor capsule and it seems the whole map can be displayed. So I'll try to get it to show the whole map in the next update.

If light from outside is visible inside then it's not blocked properly. Should also be fixed in the next update. :)

Wow you're fast, I was just going to reply here that I saw Miharas reply :). Maybe black bars on top/bottom to hide the duplicate terrain are an option after all. But remember to remove them when zooming ;)

Anyway keep up the good work, the control room is a game changer for me.

Oooooooh yeah thats a lot better, thanks so much for this!

Could the map resize tweak also applied to the maps on the small monitors?

I see you fixed the velocity display bug in the large orbital view, very nice.

There are two (new?) straight lines now on that view that I can't really interpret:

fnaxRkv.png

Any hints as to what they are? ;)

Thanks also for the lighting fix for the flight directors desk.

You mentioned "Fixed Map monitor pages so they are useable (needs some fixing)" - I can't seem to find a difference. What exactly did you change?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.