[1.0.4][WIP][IVA,PLUGIN] ProbeControlRoom 1.0-beta10a - IVA All the things! - NotSoShaky

Tabakhase

It needed a font resize, which caused the text to be misaligned.

Setting up the deskmonitors so that they show the whole map would require the other menus and information to be reworked and fix. It would also cause the map to be streched in the height.

I haven't noticed the lines on the orbit assistant page, I'll look in to it. :)

Full map converage on the small map monitors isn't that important IMO, I just thought I point it out.

Regarding the lines on the orbit assistant page: I'm not sure whether they're new or not but its the first time I noticed them :)

I guess they would be too small, yes. I think the map on the small monitor has its place when zoomed in (for landing or on a rover for example) and when zoomed-in not having the whole surface visible is kind of the point anway. Small monitor and zoomed out... I don't think there's much use.

Unless.... <crazy thought warning here>

Unless "zoomed out" on the small monitor would mean the vertical axis covers 100% of the body and the map auto-scrolls horizontally to keep the craft centered in the x-axis. My framerate hates me already though, not sure how feasible that would be.

Ok... enough evil thoughts planted in peoples heads for today ;) Keep up the good stuff!

Hmmm.... it seems that with the latest release of ProbeControlRoom the Aerocams from Hullcam don't show a picture anymore from within the ControlRoom. Or rather, they show a picture of some grey surface with changing light scatter on it but no clear picture. That is with Hullcams that show a perfectly fine picture when outside ProbeControlRoom.

Its the folder for RPM the RasterPropMonitor-Mod

Oh, OP didn't say that it was required specifically to get the camera view from inside. He just put a list of 'required'/'optional' mods. I'll install that now.

Yup. And newest build for this. And I updated to the newest ScanSat dev version to see if it would make a difference because the last one did the same thing too.

You might want to look at this post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603-0-23-5-RasterPropMonitor-putting-the-A-in-your-IVA-%28v0-17%29-27-Jun?p=1242309&viewfull=1#post1242309

Also subsequent replies, in particular this one: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603-0-23-5-RasterPropMonitor-putting-the-A-in-your-IVA-%28v0-17%29-27-Jun?p=1242425&viewfull=1#post1242425

Just saw this on reddit today, looks like a great mod... I've been flying some of my probes using IVA with the hullcam VDS mod, but this is an incredible improvement.

One itty, bitty tiny request: would it be possible to make it so the coffee cup pulled the texture from the flag image you choose when setting up your game? That way it would be customized... I know its kind of silly, but it would be kind of neat.

First off - WOW again! You guys are awesome!

Shouts to Albert for all the time hes putting in here with updating, testing and supporting on problems.

Thanks as well to MeCripp for the RPM-0.17 Patch

I repacked all that, updated the first post and github, but also created a CurseForge page =)

---

ProbeControlRoom 1.0-beta8a for KSP 0.23.5 - updated (again) 2014-07-10

Download @CurseForge

Source @Github

Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Requires

- ModuleManager >= v2.1.5

- (optional) Toolbar >= v1.7.3

For RasterPropMonitor

- RasterPropMonitor >= v0.17

- (optional) Vessel Viewer >= v0.5.1

- (optional) MechJeb2 >= v2.2.1.254 (DEV build! get it HERE)

- (optional) SCANsat >= v6.0

RPM-IVA by 'Albert VDS'

Javascript is disabled. View full album

KnownIssues:

- (minor) On a Vessel that "has a Kerbal that could IVA" returning from MapMode will end ProbeIVA

All other transistions are catched, unmanned vessels are fine in all situations.

- RPM complains about config issue (in contact with RPM-Maintainer) // fixed in beta8a

- No brake indicator in IVA

- Non-RPM-users still get the WIP ControlRoom from the first release

Changes:

2014-07-10 - release of v1.0-beta8 Albert VDS: MissionControl, MeCripp: RPM to 0.17, MM 2.1.5

2014-07-10 - release of v1.0-beta8a fixed RPM-Config-Error Message

NEXT:

- fix known issues

- 'release?'

- "immersion" work (toggle sounds)

Edited by Tabakhase
1.0-beta8a - fixes RPM-Config-Error

Absolutely love the mod, amazing work!

One quick question though, is there a way to disable keypresses from toggling the IVA? As a kOS user, it's kinda annoying to have the view switch as you're typing a command in the kOS window.

For those wondering, seems to be broken with .24, or at least I can't get it to work at the moment.

As long as you update all the plugins it depends on, it should, in theory, work fine -- and everything it depended on got updated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.